House Select Committee Hearings on Jan. 6 (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Why would she make that part up? That would clearly be an interaction she would remember. Also, I'd be curious if the secret service agent that was the driver or any of the ones involved would corroborate that account.

I think that anonymous denial is more about that being information that Ornata shouldn't have shared with Hutchinson, even in frustration,
    because of confidentiality. Maybe something against SS protocol. Not necessarily a denial of the actual event.

We’ll have to see - there are more options than (1) she made it up and (2) it happened. I don’t know and I’m not saying I don’t think it happened. My point was only that it’s the kind of thing the committee needs to be sure about when putting on that testimony because it makes for easy targets. I’m sure they are here and like MT said, we don’t really who the alleged USSS “official familiar” is.

This isn’t worth all the time being spent on it, for sure, but since this is all the right seems to be clinging to….FWIW, Tony has lied before publicly (not under oath) to dispute another person’s sworn testimony:

To be honest, I'm kind of sitting here thinking that it's surprising that the SS detail refused the president's request. I can only surmise that someone like Meadows instructed them.
    I read somewhere that they stated they didn't have enough agents to make it secure. So, for his safety, they wouldn't go there.

This Jan 6 testimony has just been bonkers. Things are much worse than I ever imagined. I know that Trump is a very low quality individual so not a lot really surprises me.

Remember the story how he punched his teacher in the nose when he was 8 years old??? These new allegations are totally on brand.

And many Trump supporters are missing the whole thing
    ==========
    NEW YORK (AP) — Fox News Channel is airing the Jan. 6 committee hearings when they occur in daytime hours and a striking number of the network’s viewers have made clear they’d rather be doing something else.

During two daytime hearings last week, Fox averaged 727,000 viewers, the Nielsen company said. That compares to the 3.09 million who watched the hearings on MSNBC and the 2.21 million tuned in to CNN.

It completely flips the typical viewing pattern for the news networks. During weekdays when the hearings are not taking place, Fox News Channel routinely has more viewers than the other two networks combined, Nielsen said.

Last Thursday, Fox had 1.33 million viewers for the 2 p.m. Eastern hour before the hearing started — slightly below its second quarter average but on par for early summer, when fewer people are watching TV.

After the hearing started, Fox’s audience’s sank to 747,000 for the 3 p.m. Eastern hour and even lower, to 718,000, at 4 p.m. Fox cut away from the hearing at 5 p.m. to show its popular panel program, “The Five,” and fans immediately rewarded them: viewership shot up to 2.76 million people, Nielsen said…….

And many Trump supporters are missing the whole thing
    ==========
    NEW YORK (AP) — Fox News Channel is airing the Jan. 6 committee hearings when they occur in daytime hours and a striking number of the network’s viewers have made clear they’d rather be doing something else.

During two daytime hearings last week, Fox averaged 727,000 viewers, the Nielsen company said. That compares to the 3.09 million who watched the hearings on MSNBC and the 2.21 million tuned in to CNN.

It completely flips the typical viewing pattern for the news networks. During weekdays when the hearings are not taking place, Fox News Channel routinely has more viewers than the other two networks combined, Nielsen said.

Last Thursday, Fox had 1.33 million viewers for the 2 p.m. Eastern hour before the hearing started — slightly below its second quarter average but on par for early summer, when fewer people are watching TV.

After the hearing started, Fox’s audience’s sank to 747,000 for the 3 p.m. Eastern hour and even lower, to 718,000, at 4 p.m. Fox cut away from the hearing at 5 p.m. to show its popular panel program, “The Five,” and fans immediately rewarded them: viewership shot up to 2.76 million people, Nielsen said…….

People don't like seeing things that make then uncomfortable. Better to ignore it and act like this horrible stuff didn't happen instead of accept that you were a part of it.

That's my theory anyway.

I don’t think that’s really a perjury question - more like a belief than a fact.

I suspect he answered that question that way because he answered all of them that way.

I thought the same thing….I actually like that Michael Flynn is not shy about telling us who he really is….hope he does jail time because of it….

People don't like seeing things that make then uncomfortable. Better to ignore it and act like this horrible stuff didn't happen instead of accept that you were a part of it.

That's my theory anyway.
    Then again there are those who like seeing Trump act this way. For some bizarre reason, it's part of what attracts them to Trump.

Then again there are those who like seeing Trump act this way. For some bizarre reason, it's part of what attracts them to Trump.

I can see the Beast story actually be encouraging to Trump supporters

The narrative was that he told people on the 6th "I'll be right there with you" knowing full well he was going straight back to the house

This testimony says that Trump wanted to go to the Capitol, he fought to go to the Capitol but the liberal Secret Service stopped him

I can see the Beast story actually be encouraging to Trump supporters

The narrative was that he told people on the 6th "I'll be right there with you" knowing full well he was going straight back to the house

This testimony says that Trump wanted to go to the Capitol, he fought to go to the Capitol but the liberal Secret Service stopped him
    Definitely.

Trumps timeline on the 6th
    =============

Trump spends his mornings making calls​

Who did Trump talk to as the day got started?

8:23 a.m.:
    Trump is in the White House, making a flurry of calls. According to White House call logs, one of the first people he talks to is political adviser Stephen K. Bannon, who the committee says was part of a command center at a nearby hotel, where Trump allies were trying to convince Republican members of Congress to vote to overturn states’ results.

Bannon also predicted on his podcast that “hell is going to break loose” on Jan. 6. Trump also talks with his personal lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, who had taken a leading role in publicly pushing false election fraud claims, and with congressional ally Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio.)

9:02 a.m.: He places a call to Vice President Mike Pence, whom Trump had been publicly and privately pressuring to throw out states’ electoral votes in his role presiding over Congress that day.

At one point, Pence had considered doing so, according to the book “Peril” by The Washington Post’s Bob Woodward and CBS’s Robert Costa, but he announces later that morning he won’t be overturning any state electoral votes.

Around 11 a.m.: Trump meets in the Oval Office with his family members and top aides. Around 11:20 a.m., he talks to Pence on the phone.

An aide who witnessed this call told the committee Trump again pressured Pence not to certify the results and described Trump’s demeanor as “frustrated.” Ivanka Trump, a White House adviser, told the committee she heard her father take a “different tone” than he ever had with Pence.

And another aide told the committee he called Pence the “p-word.”
    Then Trump heads out to the “Stop the Steal” rally just outside the White House that his allies had organized.

Two members of Congress and various Trump allies have already spoken by the time Trump arrives.

Shortly after this, official White House call logs go dark…….

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom