House Select Committee Hearings on Jan. 6 (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

I can see the Beast story actually be encouraging to Trump supporters

The narrative was that he told people on the 6th "I'll be right there with you" knowing full well he was going straight back to the house

This testimony says that Trump wanted to go to the Capitol, he fought to go to the Capitol but the liberal Secret Service stopped him
    I think the idea that Trump may have tried to force the SS to take him to the Capital is intriguing, and may be a crime in itself, but it is only a side story. If he had actually gotten to the Capital, then he would’ve been a participant in the riot, and would be more important. We should focus on his knowledge of the danger and scheming to illegally affect the vote ratification process.

And…all of a sudden, Ginni Thomas pumps the brakes

The lawyer for Virginia “Ginni” Thomas, the wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, said the conservative activist has “serious concerns” about testifying before the House Select Committee investigating the January 6 riot at the US Capitol.

Mark Paoletta sent an eight-page letter, obtained by The Daily Caller, to the committee as it has sought her testimony. Mr Paoletta specifically cited how Supreme Court Justices have been subjected to threats after a draft opinion of the court’s decision to overturn Roe v Wade.

“I would also note that this has been a particularly stressful time as the Thomases have been subjected to an avalanche of death threats and other abuse by the unprecedented assault on the conservative Supreme Court Justices and their families”, the letter said……

it’s infuriating seeing all the fascists using this supposed rebuttal about the actions in the car to debunk all of her testimony. Let the Secret Service testify.

it’s infuriating seeing all the fascists using this supposed rebuttal about the actions in the car to debunk all of her testimony. Let the Secret Service testify.

There was a legal expert on one of the networks earlier who addressed this point. Supposedly the Secret Service involved are willing to give their side of what happened when they were transporting Trump back to the White House but if they agree to testify, that will cover whatever the committee wants to address.

Well, the Committee did try to get him to come in voluntarily. I guess if all else fails...

And if he tells them to get bent, will Gutless Garland issue a warrant?

I think the idea that Trump may have tried to force the SS to take him to the Capital is intriguing, and may be a crime in itself, but it is only a side story. If he had actually gotten to the Capital, then he would’ve been a participant in the riot, and would be more important. We should focus on his knowledge of the danger and scheming to illegally affect the vote ratification process.
    not sure what reply or quote does....LOL....but...while this, above, is accurate frumpys Involvement
    in sending armed crowds He Knew were Armed..to the capitol bldg shows he truly thot
    he could retake the USofA government with crowds trashing a gov bldg. its simple. right?

he thot armed people could and would kill members of congress and ....what...?....ive not
    ever understood what he, they,...."thought" would happen next. theyd be swinging dead
    bodies hanging around the place...and...then...what.....
    did they think the mil the Sec the forces...would just let this happen, let them crap in the
    hallways and offices, hang people and then just...take a cab....

this is as insane as the entire frumpy makes sense thing.

Considering he refused to go after Meadows, I doubt it.

I think there are three different areas of possible charges: (1) acts or conspiracies relating to seditious acts, (2) acts or conspiracies related to mob violence, and (3) miscellaneous failures of federal law related records and whatnot.

Dismissing the third category as too minor, I think Garland will be under a heavy expectation to do something - we can’t know an insurrection when we see it but then fail to take steps to hold the key players accountable while also expecting to just keep our system of government. I think this will be the ultimate beacon and he will act, most likely by convening a grand jury in the District of Columbia and let the people return the charges. But what they put on and what charges are on the table, and against whom . . . and when (!) remain terribly complicated questions.

It definitely needs to happen before the GOP primary schedule gets underway for 2024. It needs to avoid political connections as much as possible - though for some it will always be that.

I think there are three different areas of possible charges: (1) acts or conspiracies relating to seditious acts, (2) acts or conspiracies related to mob violence, and (3) miscellaneous failures of federal law related records and whatnot.

Dismissing the third category as too minor, I think Garland will be under a heavy expectation to do something - we can’t know an insurrection when we see it but then fail to take steps to hold the key players accountable while also expecting to just keep our system of government. I think this will be the ultimate beacon and he will act, most likely by convening a grand jury in the District of Columbia and let the people return the charges. But what they put on and what charges are on the table, and against whom . . . and when (!) remain terribly complicated questions.

It definitely needs to happen before the GOP primary schedule gets underway for 2024. It needs to avoid political connections as much as possible - though for some it will always be that.
    Are we talking Trump or Cipollone? I was speaking of the latter.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom