House Select Committee Hearings on Jan. 6 (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

He lunged at a Secret Service agent’s throat. He threw dishes during temper tantrums. And he wanted metal detectors taken away so his fans could march with guns and knives.

An astonishing portrait of Donald Trump as an unhinged and personally violent president emerged at Tuesday’s hearing of the congressional committee investigating last year’s attack on the US Capitol.

Even for a country – and a political press corps – long used to the norm-shattering of the Trump years, the picture painted of Trump at the surprise hearing was a shock to the system. The January 6 panel had promised new revelations and it did not disappoint.

“Never before in American history have we ever seen credible testimony this shocking against a president of the United States before Congress,” Michael Beschloss, a presidential historian, told the MSNBC network. “This is a day that is going to loom very large in American history.”…..

he, frumpy, grabbed the steering wheel...???? when SS was turning vehicle to return
    frump to WH and ...safety....becuz Everyone Knew the violence was imminent.

wow.

there are people who were around him that day who know who saw things that would
    be...even more shocking im sure.
    wow.

they all knew what was going to, and what was happening that day, jan 6, at the capitol bldg.

:wow:
    If the secret service had taken Trump to the Capital, and anyone tried to hurt him, they would've had to intervene. If someone had tried to shoot him, the SS agents would have to take the bullet! Imagine, he was asking them to risk their lives!

To be honest, I'm kind of sitting here thinking that it's surprising that the SS detail refused the president's request. I can only surmise that someone like Meadows instructed them.
    The SS would've been risking their lives going to the Capital, because they have to take a bullet for the president. They knew there were weapons all over, so the risk was great to them and the president. I think they have authority to override the president when he orders them to do something that would endanger him and them!

I actually think Trump was right, they weren’t there to hurt him and meant him no harm

Would the crowd have been any calmer if he was there? Even more violent?

Would Trump have gone into the Capitol? What would have happened if he had?

I actually think Trump was right, they weren’t there to hurt him and meant him no harm

There is no way to know what will happen once a riot starts. Also, you never know if there were people in that crowd that hated him if they thought he would have less protection around him and that he might be more vulnerable for them to hurt him. It would've been reckless and dangerous to put the president amongst a bunch of armed people whipped up into a frenzy. It could've had the effect of motivating them even more to storm the capital, because I think a few were dejected that he didn't show up.

That's an interesting question. Hard to imagine it being worse. Idk.

This is where the committee has to be careful. Don’t solicit testimony that ordinarily credible people will deny the same day . . . unless you’re damn sure you can back it up. Hopefully that’s that case.

This is where the committee has to be careful. Don’t solicit testimony that ordinarily credible people will deny the same day . . . unless you’re damn sure you can back it up. Hopefully that’s that case.

I read where the agent has already talked with the committee. Plus that’s not an official denial, it’s an anonymous source.

Last edited:

Why would she make that part up? That would clearly be an interaction she would remember. Also, I'd be curious if the secret service agent that was the driver or any of the ones involved would corroborate that account.

I think that anonymous denial is more about that being information that Ornata shouldn't have shared with Hutchinson, even in frustration,
    because of confidentiality. Maybe something against SS protocol. Not necessarily a denial of the actual event.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom