House Select Committee Hearings on Jan. 6 (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

The problem that I am having right now is that these three women knew about what was going on for too long of a time and probably would not have come forward if not for the fact that they were threatened with jail time. I’m happy that they told the truth but for me all three of them will be damaged goods for the rest of their lives.
    I know you’re correct, but I am just thankful they have come forward. None of the powerful men have really done as much.

I know you’re correct, but I am just thankful they have come forward. None of the powerful men have really done as much.
    It’s funny how he’s doing women’s have larger testicles then these powerful men

WASHINGTON (AP) — Trump White House official Peter Navarro, who was convicted of contempt of Congress for refusing to cooperate with a congressional investigation into the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol, was sentenced on Thursday to four months behind bars.

He was the second Trump aide convicted of contempt of Congress charges, after former White House adviser Steve Bannon, who also got a four-month sentence but is free pending appeal.

Navarro was found guilty of defying a subpoena for documents and a deposition from the House Jan. 6 committee. He served as a White House trade adviser under then-President Donald Trump and later promoted the Republican’s baseless claims of mass voter fraud in the 2020 election he lost to Democrat Joe Biden.

He has vowed to appeal the verdict, saying he couldn’t cooperate with the committee because Trump had invoked executive privilege. A judge barred him from making that argument at trial, however, finding that he didn’t show Trump had actually invoked it.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Trump White House official Peter Navarro, who was convicted of contempt of Congress for refusing to cooperate with a congressional investigation into the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol, was sentenced on Thursday to four months behind bars.

He was the second Trump aide convicted of contempt of Congress charges, after former White House adviser Steve Bannon, who also got a four-month sentence but is free pending appeal.

Navarro was found guilty of defying a subpoena for documents and a deposition from the House Jan. 6 committee. He served as a White House trade adviser under then-President Donald Trump and later promoted the Republican’s baseless claims of mass voter fraud in the 2020 election he lost to Democrat Joe Biden.

He has vowed to appeal the verdict, saying he couldn’t cooperate with the committee because Trump had invoked executive privilege. A judge barred him from making that argument at trial, however, finding that he didn’t show Trump had actually invoked it.

Navarro - headed to prison - took time in front of Papa Johns and a pawn shop to remind us that he is an entitled, gaslighting piece of shirt, and also on the MAGA grift train.

It is so crazy that these kind of charges only result in 4 month sentences. That is nothing really.

Yeah, I think it’s quite a variance on these. Judith Miller (journalist in the Valerie Plame / Scooter Libby affair) was sentenced to 18 months for refusing to to appear before a federal grand jury - claiming that her work and sources were protected by the First Amendment.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom