House Select Committee Hearings on Jan. 6 (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

I don't know the answer to that question. It's sensible, but do they really have authority to "override" the president's direct instruction?

Best I found quickly, but uncertain about the source.

By law, the Secret Service can override the President. The President communicates with the Secret Service about what he would like to do or where he wants to go. It is then up to the Secret Service to determine if it is a risk to national security for the President to do so. If not, a protection plan is formulated and executed by Secret Service agents.

By law, the Secret Service can override the President. The President communicates with the Secret Service about what he would like to do or where he wants to go. It is then up to the Secret Service to determine if it is a risk to national security for the President to do so. If not, a protection plan is formulated and executed by Secret Service agents.

Cool.

Can Secret Service override the president's commands if they believe there is a serious threat to his safety? They would have been transporting him to a location that hadn't been previously screened after knowing there were armed people in the crowd.
    I'm going to try to find it, but I remember reading a while back that the SS can override a presidential order if they feel the action would put his life in jeopardy.

Also, I think this is the reason why Biden hasn't visited Kyiv yet. Biden literally said they didn't feel it was safe to do so.

Good information @Incumbent
    I don't know the answer to that question. It's sensible, but do they really have authority to "override" the president's direct instruction?
    If the SS knew what trump was asking them to do was a crime or would lead to a crime, I would think they would not do what they were being asked to do.

And this, lol:

I don't want to get too far off track in this thread...but the hilarity of this thing is how damning that voicemail is to Joe Biden. For all who haven't had a chance to read up on it, here is the voicemail that is going to destroy Joe Biden, RE: his knowledge of his son Hunter's business dealings.

"Hey pal, it’s Dad. It’s 8:15 on Wednesday night. If you get a chance, just give me a call. Nothing urgent. I just wanted to talk to you. I thought the article released online, it’s going to be printed tomorrow in the Times, was good, I think you’re clear. And anyway if you get a chance, give me a call, I love you."

Why don’t you print the whole unredacted message!

"Hey pal, it’s Dad. It’s 8:15 on Wednesday night. If you get a chance, just give me a call. Nothing urgent. I just wanted to talk to you. I thought the article released online, it’s going to be printed tomorrow in the Times, was good, I think you’re clear. (You got away scot free of all the evil and corrupt things you did) And anyway if you get a chance, give me a call, (and don’t forget you owe me, I had to pay off a lot people and threatened to kill a few more to make this go away) I love you. (Long live China! Forever America’s superiors!)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom