House Select Committee Hearings on Jan. 6 (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

I don't trust anyone who sees our constitution this way:

Rusty Bowers:
    It is a tenet of my faith that the Constitution is divinely inspired — one of my most basic foundational beliefs. For me to do that because somebody asked me to is foreign to my very being. I will not do it,” Bowers said, at one point fighting back tears.

Bowers, who is a graduate of Brigham Young University, added that he could not violate his oath to the Constitution and remain faithful to his beliefs."
    Maybe not, but he had enough integrity to not violate his beliefs for the sake of Trump, which is more than we can say about a lot of his followers.

Maybe not, but he had enough integrity to not violate his beliefs for the sake of Trump, which is more than we can say about a lot of his followers.
    But yet he would vote for Trump again. How the hell is that standing up for America and the constitution? It isn't. And that's the problem with not understanding where the constitution really comes from.

But yet he would vote for Trump again. How the hell is that standing up for America and the constitution? It isn't. And that's the problem with not understanding where the constitution really comes from.
    I get that part of it, and considering Trump's shenanigans, I don't see how he could vote for him again. I'm just glad he didn't kowtow to Trump when it mattered.

bowers is of the LDS. nothing makes sense with them.
    its all 'inspired'...and yet the christians all buy it.

ive never gotten that.

I get that part of it, and considering Trump's shenanigans, I don't see how he could vote for him again. I'm just glad he didn't kowtow to Trump when it mattered.
    Right.

I was watching coverage of the hearing last night and was getting madder and madder at Trump. I shouldn't have snapped at your post. Sorry about that.

A few things from the past couple of days:

—RE MTG requesting a pardon. I wonder how that will affect her issues in GA. People are trying to invalidate her run based on a law that prohibits someone who participated i rebellion or insurrection. Will her request for a pardon show an acknowledgment by her that she committed a crime?
    —One of Trumps lawyers pleaded the fifth multiple times in his testimony, and is currently trying to claim privilege. Since there is a criminal exception to privilege, does pleading the fifth admit criminality and show that there is no privilege?
    —Total embarrassment for the US. Perry send Mark Meadows a link to a yt video about the crazy conspiracy about the state dept getting an Italian hacker to use satellites to hack into voting machines to change votes to Biden. The end result was a high level govt official (I think it was SecDef, but I’m not sure) contacting their counterpart in the Italian government explaining the thing to them and asking for help investigating.

I read an interview with Klepper and he said he gets a surprisingly warm reception for Trump supporters when he goes to these rallies. They want to take pictures with him etc.

he said that he’s basically a wrestling heel to them

i still don’t know why people talk with him though, he’s just going to make you look foolish, hypocritical or dumb or all three

Last edited:
    I read an interview with Klepper and he said he gets a surprisingly warm reception for Trump supporters when he goes to these rallies. They want to take pictures with him etc.

he said that he’s basically a wrestling heel to them

i still don’t know why people talk with him though, he’s just going to make you look foolish or dumb or both

i saw that, saw Klepper Daily show doing the interviews ....was stunned at how..low info these peeps were, are. they were sold a product and they still buy it. still.

its like...theyre robots who were signed in via FB via social via the innernets....the algorithms
    that were attached to them via FB etc. ..they have become steadfastly hooked.
    no distinctions no alterations no learning no updating.

brains are cooked, fried. done. fact truth accuracy mean nothing to them.
    bannon, frumpy learned how to cook these humans, their brains their attentions.
    very sad for these humans and bannon should be in jail for life. frumpy next door.

dont let bannon off this hook. he is buried in the mess of crazy mericans...and he loves it.

edit...reality is they are in a CULT. bannon frump a cult. No diff from Jim Jones.

Last edited:

The coup wasn't a problem for him, it was that Trump asked him to be directly involved. Had it succeeded without him he'd be perfectly content with the results.

The coup wasn't a problem for him, it was that Trump asked him to be directly involved. Had it succeeded without him he'd be perfectly content with the results.
    Possibly. The only thing that counts right now is that he wasn't going to lie on Trump's behalf. Let's be thankful he did that much. I don't really care about the rest because it's irrelevant to the Jan 6th case. I just want to see Trump pay for trying to fork up our democracy. He's done enough damage.

Possibly. The only thing that counts right now is that he wasn't going to lie on Trump's behalf. Let's be thankful he did that much. I don't really care about the rest because it's irrelevant to the Jan 6th case. I just want to see Trump pay for trying to fork up our democracy. He's done enough damage.
    But really you should care, IMO. It's that mind set of Republicans and trump supporters that led to J6. The same faith, reverence and conviction to his sacred oath that made it impossible for him to do what he was being asked should also make it impossible for him to support someone like Donald Trump. Trump supporters harassed him and his family and he would still vote for him. That's a mindset that needs to be warched.

But really you should care, IMO. It's that mind set of Republicans and trump supporters that led to J6. The same faith, reverence and conviction to his sacred oath that made it impossible for him to do what he was being asked should also make it impossible for him to support someone like Donald Trump. Trump supporters harassed him and his family and he would still vote for him. That's a mindset that needs to be warched.
    I agree it's strange dichotomy. I don't understand how he can rationalize his thinking when saying his integrity won't let him lie for Trump, yet he'd still vote for him. Makes zero sense to me. But, my larger, more important point is, had he lied for Trump, among others, the election would have been an even worse mess than it was.

yah agree with both of you. this defines cognitive dissonance.
    Trump supporters harassed him and his family and he would still vote for him. That's a mindset that needs to be warched.
    integrity won't let him lie for Trump, yet he'd still vote for him.

sorry not a clue how you set @names and links.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom