House Select Committee Hearings on Jan. 6 (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

I agree it's strange dichotomy. I don't understand how he can rationalize his thinking when saying his integrity won't let him lie for Trump, yet he'd still vote for him. Makes zero sense to me. But, my larger, more important point is, had he lied for Trump, among others, the election would have been an even worse mess than it was.

It’s not really that strange, it is cult like….think about it….if Trump runs again and wins the R nomination there is a very real and likely chance that Pence votes for him (even though he is distancing himself now, I have little doubt this is the case)….That’s not party over country….that’s party over family….its not sane behavior, but it perfectly aligns with the denial, and outright belief of a “divine” one….

Yeah, I mean, I realize I'm not exactly in the majority, and that's part of why I worry about mixing politics and religion. I'm content with live and let live. The idiots in Congress aren't.

And I hate throwing the baby out with the bathwater and I'm seeing it here. I resent having to pay for actions I never agreed with.

I hear you, it’s why I said if there were more like you…Cheers

I agree it's strange dichotomy. I don't understand how he can rationalize his thinking when saying his integrity won't let him lie for Trump, yet he'd still vote for him. Makes zero sense to me. But, my larger, more important point is, had he lied for Trump, among others, the election would have been an even worse mess than it was.
    I understand. I was more so commenting on this part
    I don't really care about the rest because it's irrelevant to the Jan 6th case.
    To me, even though its irrelevant to the J6 case, it is a huge part of the very reason there is a J6 case to begin with. I don't want to come across as picking on you or singling you out. I think what you said is pretty important because I think there are a lot of folks that have that same frame of mind. Bowers convictions saved our democracy and had he went along, it would have been worst. It's the hypocrisy that is so pervasive now with Republican supporters that is so dangerous and I think everyone should take extreme notice to it.

I understand. I was more so commenting on this part

To me, even though its irrelevant to the J6 case, it is a huge part of the very reason there is a J6 case to begin with. I don't want to come across as picking on you or singling you out. I think what you said is pretty important because I think there are a lot of folks that have that same frame of mind. Bowers convictions saved our democracy and had he went along, it would have been worst. It's the hypocrisy that is so pervasive now with Republican supporters that is so dangerous and I think everyone should take extreme notice to it.
    Yeah, I don't disagree. It's definitely something to be concerned about. I was just speaking more narrowly about the Jan 6 case. I do agree that these attitudes are part of what led to 1/6, certainly.

According to the Twitters, Eric Trump states that he thinks mob violence was an appropriate response on Jan. 6. Wonder if he’s the only one?

New speculation from Twitter: it’s Ginni Thomas, who said publicly that she couldn’t wait to cooperate with the committee. Or Pat Cipplione (sp?) or Ali Alexander. 🤷‍♀️

(CNN) - The FBI seized the phone of former President Donald Trump's election attorney John Eastman last week, according to a new court filing from the lawyer…….

If it isn’t a recording of trump admitting to something illegal it doesn’t matter at all.

Even then I don’t if it matters.

If Garland doesn’t file charges at this point we might as well call it a day and hope our fall from the global superpower more closely resembles Britain than France.

Media is speculating wildly in what it means and what the evidence is

if it’s anything less than the megaton bombshell they’re expecting it will seem disappointing at best, Geraldo in Capone’s vault at worst

Media is speculating wildly in what it means and what the evidence is

if it’s anything less than the megaton bombshell they’re expecting it will seem disappointing at best, Geraldo in Capone’s vault at worst
    Yeah, the speculation has been pretty wild. I really have no idea. It has to be significant since this is during Congressional recess. They weren't due back for another couple of weeks or something like that. Pretty unusual.

If it isn’t a recording of trump admitting to something illegal it doesn’t matter at all.

Even then I don’t if it matters.

If Garland doesn’t file charges at this point we might as well call it a day and hope our fall from the global superpower more closely resembles Britain than France.
    I'd prefer France, actually. Such a step up in standard of living for the average Joe.

The witness revealed...

This is going to be an interesting day.

Apparently she dumped the Trump-affiliated lawyer she had and got another one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom