House Select Committee Hearings on Jan. 6 (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

I have not heard any of this, about right wing praise of the movie
    =====================

There’s a good reason “Top Gun: Maverick” has soared past $800 million in box-office receipts: It has Tom Cruise, mind-blowing aerial sequences and a rousing storyline.

But according to many right-wing commentators, the actual reason it’s so popular is that it’s so conservative.

Breitbart celebrated it as “a masculine, pro-American, stridently non-woke blockbuster.” The Daily Caller gushed: “‘Top Gun: Maverick’ Crushes The Box Office As Americans Crave Non-Woke Content.”

Ben Shapiro praised the film for being patriotic and not “treating the military as either victims of mental health problems or people who are victimized by the evil American regime, or as imperialists themselves.”

If you want more evidence that the right has lost the plot, this is it.

For starters, while the hero of “Top Gun: Maverick” is an old, straight White guy doing patriotic deeds, his co-pilots reflect the diversity of the armed forces.

By my count, they include two women, a Latino American, three Asian Americans (one of them a woman) and two African Americans.

Black actors also portray a chief warrant officer and an admiral, among other characters.

That’s a lot more diversity than in the original “Top Gun,” reflecting the changes in U.S. society and the U.S. military since 1986…..

Isn't Maverick's entire deal that he refuses to grow up and accept responsibility, opting instead to play with his toys?

We may disagree with his political beliefs but Rusty Bowers is what a true patriot is and what he/she does. Regardless of your political leanings and what party you belong to, you swear an oath to follow the constitution. Speaker Bowers did just that and got threats. Mr Bowers gives me hope that there are still people on the other side of the aisle that believe in the constitution.
    I'm not in the habit of quoting myself but it just goes to show you how you can be fooled by someone when you want to believe something. Rusty Bowers wouldn't go along with the coup because he felt it was a violation of his oath, yet he would still support and vote for Trump if he ran again. He said he'd do so “Simply because what he did the first time, before Covid, was so good for the country. In my view it was great.”

It seems that if Rusty is asked directly to do something that violates his oath, he can't do it but he'd have been fine if the coup would have succeeded. That last part is my own speculation but I don't believe it's too far from the truth because his continued support of someone who would try to force him to violate his oath leads me to believe that as long as he's not violating HIS oath, it's all good. I'm not overly familiar with the Mormon faith but I don't believe that it teaches that the ends justify the means. I know Jesus didn't teach that.

So this is what we are faced with. How could someone who claims such reverence in their belief system bend that system to the point that they justify supporting someone who would violate the tenants of his religion? Simple. The ends justify the means. "I'm against it if you ask me to participate but if it works, it's all good"

These people called him a pedophile and harassed his family at their home as his daughter was dying. He'd look past that to support trump, even after all of what trump did and had people do for him because of the results. Ends justify the means is not a Mormon or Christian tenet.

“I may, in the eyes of men, not hold correct opinions or act according to their vision or convictions but I … do not want to win by cheating. I will not play with laws I swore allegiance to with any contrived desertion or deflection of my deep foundational desire to follow God’s will.” Bowers forgot to add..."but I'll support those that will". Good luck explaining that one to your god Mr. Bowers.

Last edited:
    I'm not in the habit of quoting myself but it just goes to show you how you can be fooled by someone when you want to believe something. Rusty Bowers wouldn't go along with the coup because he felt it was a violation of his oath, yet he would still support and vote for Trump if he ran again. He said he'd do so “Simply because what he did the first time, before Covid, was so good for the country. In my view it was great.”

It seems that if Rusty is asked directly to do something that violates his oath, he can't do it but he'd have been fine if the coup would have succeeded. That last part is my own speculation but I don't believe it's too far from the truth because his continued support of someone who would try to force him to violate his oath leads me to believe that as long as he's not violating HIS oath, it's all good. I'm not overly familiar with the Mormon faith but I don't believe that it teaches that the ends justify the means. I know Jesus didn't teach that.

So this is what we are faced with. How could someone who claims such reverence in their belief system bend that system to the point that they justify supporting someone who would violate the tenants of his religion? Simple. The ends justify the means. "I'm against it if you ask me to participate but if it works, it's all good"

These people called him a pedophile and harassed his family at their home as his daughter was dying. He'd look past that to support trump, even after all of what trump did and had people do for him because of the results. Ends justify the means is not a Mormon or Christian tenet.

“I may, in the eyes of men, not hold correct opinions or act according to their vision or convictions but I … do not want to win by cheating. I will not play with laws I swore allegiance to with any contrived desertion or deflection of my deep foundational desire to follow God’s will.” Bowers forgot to add..."but I'll support those that will". Good luck explaining that one to your god Mr. Bowers.
    Honestly, the reason he didn’t cheat was because he was a coward, not because he was noble. He wanted the result, he just didn’t want the consequences if it went bad.

Honestly, the reason he didn’t cheat was because he was a coward, not because he was noble. He wanted the result, he just didn’t want the consequences if it went bad.
    Now that you mention that, it does seem like a convenient fallback to not go along with it because he knew it was illegal. Explains his willingness to continue to support trump.

Last edited:
    From Robert Reich
    ==============
    We tragically fool ourselves if we believe that the televised hearings of the January 6 committee will change the Republican party or end Trump’s attempted coup.

The Republican party is becoming ever more divorced from reality, and Trump’s attempted coup continues unabated.

The first four hearings of the committee have demolished the myths of voter fraud repeated incessantly by Trump.

Yet the Republican response to those hearings has ranged from indifference to hostility. Representative Kevin McCarthy, the Republican leader of the House, tweeted that the members of the committee “will not stop lying about their political opponents,” and called the committee “despicable.”

On Friday, speaking at the Faith and Freedom Coalition conference in Nashville, Trump repeated his big lie – as if the hearings never happened.

The lie is now so deeply entrenched in the Republican party that it has become a central tenet of Republican dogma.

It is now the vehicle by which Republican candidates signal their fealty both to Trump and to a broad range of grievances (some imaginary, some derived from the so-called “culture wars”) that now constitute the Republican brand.

So far, at least 108 Republican candidates who embrace the big lie have won their nominations or advanced to runoffs, and there is no sign that the hearings have reduced the intensity of their demagoguery.

Republican voters have chosen eight big liers for the US Senate, 86 for the House, five for governor, four for state attorney general and one for secretary of state…….

Spoiler Alert, we have failed as a nation. because i have no faith that out justice system will touch that..

I’m not sure what is going to happen, I’ll wait and see how it plays out…

I’ve said this before….Party over country is bad enough….Party over family is absolute insanity….Mike Pence being the prime example….he had his family with him in the capital that day, and could very likely hear the chants of “Hang Mike Pence”….if Trump somehow becomes (I don’t think we will or at least…hope) the R’s candidate I’m pretty sure he would vote for him….were it me I would have gone straight to the WH and physically assaulted Trump who knowingly and willfully put and kept my family in danger…..this is a very weird world…..

these repubs accuse every state and every worker for the state working elections every
    pol in each state every voter in each state...they throw accusations out that every one
    of these public citizens these workers these voters these people were all involved
    in taking some thing from frump on that election day.

HOW DARE THEY. how dare they make these wild accusations that most of america
    was doing something illegal to harm the country when its obvious the opposite is TRUE.

frump and his goons tried to steal the election and most of them still are trying.
    DONT DARE BLAME THE REST OF THE PEOPLE OF THIS COUNTRY YOU CROOKED GRIFTERS.
    you helped frumpy steal $250,000,000 since then from the public.

demented.

theres this.

Feds Search Home Of Trump DOJ Flunkie Jeff Clark​

Josh Kovensky - 3h ago
    A spokesman for the D.C. U.S. Attorney’s Office told TPM that “there was law enforcement activity in the Lorton area yesterday. We have no comment regarding the nature of that activity.”

Russ Vought, a former Trump administration official who runs a foundation that employs Clark, tweeted that on Wednesday, more than a dozen “DOJ law enforcement officials” searched Clark’s home in a “pre dawn raid,” leaving the onetime pretender to the position of attorney general “in the streets in his pjs.”

ABC and the New York Times first reported the searches. It’s not clear what the focus of the searches was.

...the chants of “Hang Mike Pence”….if Trump somehow becomes (I don’t think we will or at least…hope) the R’s candidate I’m pretty sure he would vote for him….

thats the thing...these guys testifying today speak of resigning of not doing the clearly illegal
    wishes of frumpy vs those like pence who would Still vote for frumpy.

theres this.

Feds Search Home Of Trump DOJ Flunkie Jeff Clark​

Josh Kovensky - 3h ago
    A spokesman for the D.C. U.S. Attorney’s Office told TPM that “there was law enforcement activity in the Lorton area yesterday. We have no comment regarding the nature of that activity.”

Russ Vought, a former Trump administration official who runs a foundation that employs Clark, tweeted that on Wednesday, more than a dozen “DOJ law enforcement officials” searched Clark’s home in a “pre dawn raid,” leaving the onetime pretender to the position of attorney general “in the streets in his pjs.”

ABC and the New York Times first reported the searches. It’s not clear what the focus of the searches was.
    I’m going to put this in the DOJ thread, because this is a separate investigation.

the greene woman....she asked for a pardon.
    wow...talk about some FoS cowards only seeking their own celebrity.
    ....ew take a pic of me!!

https://www.politicususa.com › 2022 › 06 › 23 › matt-gaetz-marjorie-taylor-greene-presidential-pardon.html

Bombshell: Marjorie Taylor Greene, Matt Gaetz, Louie Gohmert All Asked ...

TodayThe 1/6 Committee has evidence that Reps. Matt Gaetz, Mo Brooks, Louie Gohmert, Scott Perry, and Marjorie Taylor Greene sought presidential pardons for the Trump election plot.

one of them wanted a pardon was it...from the beginning of time til the end of time..?
    was that it?.....

srsly. they think this is a cartoon.

one of them wanted a pardon was it...from the beginning of time til the end of time..?
    was that it?.....

srsly. they think this is a cartoon.
    That was Matt Gaetz, who may be prosecuted for sex with a minor across state lines. He wants pardoned for everything.

I hadn’t thought of this angle:

did you mean this"
    " Replying to @BeschlossDC
    How weird would it be if we found out it was Putin?"

trust me ive been posting about this a long while now.
    no way i consider all this crap happening including Ukraine w/o these two men conspiring it all.

no. way.
    putey is sharp enough to know when he has, had, a cohort who wanted a pal, too.
    rich white men who want to control the planet its humans and its loot. yeehaw.

then when i think of all the male females that went along with frumpy as tho all he
    did was "so much he did for the country" im certain:
    it was all a con for global power
    over what is remaining on the earth.

We may disagree with his political beliefs but Rusty Bowers is what a true patriot is and what he/she does. Regardless of your political leanings and what party you belong to, you swear an oath to follow the constitution. Speaker Bowers did just that and got threats. Mr Bowers gives me hope that there are still people on the other side of the aisle that believe in the constitution.
    I don't trust anyone who sees our constitution this way:

Rusty Bowers:
    It is a tenet of my faith that the Constitution is divinely inspired — one of my most basic foundational beliefs. For me to do that because somebody asked me to is foreign to my very being. I will not do it,” Bowers said, at one point fighting back tears.

Bowers, who is a graduate of Brigham Young University, added that he could not violate his oath to the Constitution and remain faithful to his beliefs."

In fact, the constitution is partly inspired by philosophers who moved out from under religious institutions.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom