House Select Committee Hearings on Jan. 6 (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm still pissed at today's testimony. Can you imagine living like this...

Moss said she felt “helpless,” gained 60 pounds, and stopped giving out her business card because “I don’t want anyone knowing my name.” Her mother said she gets “nervous when I have to give food orders,” because someone who believes Trump’s lies might recognize her name. She said she felt “homeless” while she lived in hiding for two months, after the FBI told her she wasn’t safe at home.

“I have lost my sense of security, all because of a group of people, starting with (Trump) and his ally Rudy Giuliani, decided to scapegoat me, and my daughter, Shaye, to push lies about how the election was stolen,” Freeman said in a videotaped deposition, a clip of which was played during Tuesday’s hearing.

The Arizona House speaker also described what his personal life has been like since the election. In emotional testimony, Bowers said that until "very recently," his family had begun to dread Saturdays, when Trump supporters would drive around his neighborhood and falsely announce that he was a "pedophile" and a corrupt politician. He recounted an argument between a neighbor and a man with a pistol, and also talked about the reactions of his family.

"At the same time, on some of these, we had a daughter who was gravely ill who was upset by what was happening outside and my wife, that is a valiant person, very strong, quiet, very strong woman," he said, growing emotional. "So it was disturbing." Bowers did not mention that in early 2021, his daughter died after her illness.

The only other sure fire way is for him to become worm food. But these days, some idiots would vote for him anyway.
    Let’s make that a thing

If he does pass away before 2024 put it out there that he faked his death and DO NOT vote for the Republican presidential candidate but write in Donald Trump and on election night when he’s won he will reveal himself

Let’s make that a thing

If he does pass away before 2024 put it out there that he faked his death and DO NOT vote for the Republican presidential candidate but write in Donald Trump and on election night when he’s won he will reveal himself
    On the off chance that he faked his death and still won? Nope, lol. But, I love the thought of writing him in. Instead of dead people voting as he loved to claim, it will be people voting for the dead guy. :hihi:

I’m going to be furious if the DOJ doesn’t have a boatload of charges for everyone involved in this after all the hearings are said and done

…….Third, in the event the Justice Department decides not to prosecute Trump and his closest cronies, Attorney General Merrick Garland will be under tremendous pressure to justify why the mound of evidence is not enough.

Garland has vowed to ignore all politics, and his decision will inevitably involve whether he thinks a jury can find guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

If anything, public expectations might be shifting such that a refusal to prosecute would seem shocking to most Americans……

...to justify why the mound of evidence is not enough.

for sure. if this were a dem situation of corrupt...just imagine the noise.
    pucker would be so jacked up he could hardly smirk.

thats one of the things....the hypocrisy is akin to science fiction.
    ...which im sure is the goal, like djt says and does...."tell them what you want, theyll believe you."

and those goppers did. now, they have to wear the shame the blame the costumes.
    it. is. pathetic.

Shouldn’t that be mountain of evidence?
    yah...sure...mound is a small pile of crap while Mountain is not even enough for the
    pile of crapola seen the last years from those controlling the economy.

this has embarrassed the UsofA in ways the people here dont even notice at this point.
    ...btw....i paid $100.04 to fill my truck tank today. imagine a box of cherrios this fall.

yah...im thrilled to be giving that to wallst oil oligarchs who live on yachts docked
    around the planet!! hoo. ray. eat well.

yah...sure...mound is a small pile of crap while Mountain is not even enough for the
    pile of crapola seen the last years from those controlling the economy.

this has embarrassed the UsofA in ways the people here dont even notice at this point.
    ...btw....i paid $100.04 to fill my truck tank today. imagine a box of cherrios this fall.

yah...im thrilled to be giving that to wallst oil oligarchs who live on yachts docked
    around the planet!! hoo. ray. eat well.
    And people will be mad enough about gas and Cheerios that they’ll vote Republican in November

“It may be the end of America but at least the Frosted Flakes will be cheap”

And people will be mad enough about gas and Cheerios that they’ll vote Republican in November

oh for sure...the goal now...is to blame biden for prices. doesnt matter he hasnt been
    in WH long enough to impact the DROUGHT MONITOR or the price of GLOBAL FOOD
    SUPPLIES DEPENDENT ON....WATER.
    ...or oil or pol or...life that is left.

Except they won't be. An R legislature has no more power than a D legislature.
    What'll fix it faster than anything is a crushing defeat for Russia and a shallow grave for Putin.
    Russia will be pumping every drop of oil and shipping every ounce of fertilizer/wheat/everything as fast as they possibly can. Collapsing prices be damned.

Except they won't be. An R legislature has no more power than a D legislature.
    What'll fix it faster than anything is a crushing defeat for Russia and a shallow grave for Putin.
    Russia will be pumping every drop of oil and shipping every ounce of fertilizer/wheat/everything as fast as they possibly can. Collapsing prices be damned.

But the GOP campaign ads will certainly say otherwise

From the above article:

"Cheney implored people watching at home to "focus on the evidence. Don't be distracted by politics. This is serious. We can't allow America to become a nation of conspiracies and thug violence."

But there's little evidence any of this will change most conservatives' minds. Trump supporters have long been selling themselves a narrative of Trump that they have internalized. That has become nearly impossible to pierce, especially with facts.

Georgia election official Gabriel Sterling got to this point well. He noted that he argued with family members who were believing what Trump was telling them about a stolen election that wasn't.

"The problem you have is you're getting into people's hearts," Sterling said.

He relayed a story about a lawyer he knew sympathetic to Trump. Sterling took him through allegations they investigated and showed him, one by one, that they didn't stand up to scrutiny.

"I just know in my heart that they cheated," Sterling said was the lawyer's response. "And so, once you get past the heart, the facts don't matter as much."

When facts don't matter, that's a scary place to be."

Yes, we're in a scary place.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom