What happens to the Republican Party now? (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

MT15

Reaction score
    This election nonsense by Trump may end up splitting up the Republican Party. I just don’t see how the one third (?) who are principled conservatives can stay in the same party with Trump sycophants who are willing to sign onto the TX Supreme Court case.

We also saw the alt right types chanting “destroy the GOP” in Washington today because they didn’t keep Trump in power. I think the Q types will also hold the same ill will toward the traditional Republican Party. In fact its quite possible that all the voters who are really in a Trump personality cult will also blame the GOP for his loss. It’s only a matter of time IMO before Trump himself gets around to blaming the GOP.

There is some discussion of this on Twitter. What do you all think?

Well, this is certainly somewhat encouraging for the future of the GOP (or the hope for a GOP comprised of sane members...)

Top target, top fundraiser​

In the House, Cheney, who serves as vice chairwoman of a committee investigating the January 6 riot, is among the top targets for Trump, who has called her a "warmonger" and "disloyal." She was ousted from her position as House GOP conference chair earlier this year over her opposition to the former President.
    Despite that, Cheney topped the fundraising among the 10 House Republicans who backed Trump's impeachment, bringing in $1.7 million, new filings show. It marked the second-largest fundraising quarter of Cheney's House career.
    Her Trump-endorsed opponent, attorney Harriet Hageman, joined the race on September 9 and raised nearly $302,000 in the three weeks before the books closed on the quarter, or a pace of about $100,000 a week.
    Hageman would need to increase that pace to match the fundraising strength of Cheney -- who has consistently topped seven figures in quarterly fundraising this year. Cheney ended September with more than $3.6 million in the bank to Hageman's $245,000.

There's a lot more in the article than just Cheney but I figured I'd quote part of the piece about her, since she is his Public Enemy #1. Note that John Bolton's PAC donated to her, as are democrats. I've seen more and more calls to democrats to support sane republicans in areas that a democrat has no chance of winning instead of wasting their money on a lost cause. Can't say I really disagree with the idea either.

This is lol crazy, and what’s wrong with her face?

Well, this is certainly somewhat encouraging for the future of the GOP (or the hope for a GOP comprised of sane members...)

There's a lot more in the article than just Cheney but I figured I'd quote part of the piece about her, since she is his Public Enemy #1. Note that John Bolton's PAC donated to her, as are democrats. I've seen more and more calls to democrats to support sane republicans in areas that a democrat has no chance of winning instead of wasting their money on a lost cause. Can't say I really disagree with the idea either.
    Unfortunately we saw in 2020 that money raised does not necessarily translate into votes.

This is lol crazy, and what’s wrong with her face?

Yeah, she's well known to be completely nuts. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, PayPal, and Venmo kicked her to the curb awhile back, she can't use Uber or Lyft, and she even got booted from CPAC lol...

Unfortunately we saw in 2020 that money raised does not necessarily translate into votes.
    Oh, I know, I was posting it more because it shows that she's getting money from democrats, hard core republicans like John Bolton's PAC and the like. She's probably getting lots of independent support too. Honestly, since there are more bison (or whatever) than people in Wyoming, she should be able to fend off her Trump endorsed challenger, but it doesn't hurt to have a wide breadth of support that is crossing party lines in a day and age when crossing party lines for any reason really isn't something you see much of - especially on that side of the aisle.

Cheney's 2022 election and her potential (looking like inevitable) 2024 run for the GOP nomination is the last stand of the Republican Party. If they fail, it will forever be the party of Trump and his mindless populism even well after his death

Cheney's 2022 election and her potential (looking like inevitable) 2024 run for the GOP nomination is the last stand of the Republican Party. If they fail, it will forever be the party of Trump and his mindless populism even well after his death
    Other than her anti-Trump stance I know nothing about her. My favorite woman candidate was Amy Klobuchar. She seemed real and not pandering to the voters. I also like the governor of my state Larry Hogan. He won the governorship in perennial blue state Maryland, balanced the budget, and the state now has a surplus of money that the left wingers are dying to spend. I hope he runs for POTUS.

It’s funny how liberals all of a sudden love Liz Cheney who is in the pocket of the military industrial complex like her dad.

You can respect someone’s position without loving them. I know that’s difficult to accept for a partisan hack such as yourself.
    I know it’s hard to admit that liberals have a hard on for someone who is in the pocket of the military industrial complex.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom