What happens to the Republican Party now? (7 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

MT15

Reaction score
    This election nonsense by Trump may end up splitting up the Republican Party. I just don’t see how the one third (?) who are principled conservatives can stay in the same party with Trump sycophants who are willing to sign onto the TX Supreme Court case.

We also saw the alt right types chanting “destroy the GOP” in Washington today because they didn’t keep Trump in power. I think the Q types will also hold the same ill will toward the traditional Republican Party. In fact its quite possible that all the voters who are really in a Trump personality cult will also blame the GOP for his loss. It’s only a matter of time IMO before Trump himself gets around to blaming the GOP.

There is some discussion of this on Twitter. What do you all think?

Another gem:

Translation: They should not be indoctrinated with the stuff I don't like but instead be indoctrinated with this stuff I do like. This should be equally as offensive to a true libertarian as the 'woke mob' pushing CRT... wonder if SFL agrees?

I agree, prayer in schools is as offensive as teaching the distilled version of CRT. They need to teach math and reading.

I agree, prayer in schools is as offensive as teaching the distilled version of CRT. They need to teach math and reading.
    Out of curiosity, I did some pro-internet-sleuthing and found that Japan eschews any kind of religious instruction in its school system apart from the basics of acknowledging various religions exist and discussing them as they come up in a historical context. I'd wager countries whose populace are widely regarded as industrious and well-educated are much the same.

Out of curiosity, I did some pro-internet-sleuthing and found that Japan eschews any kind of religious instruction in its school system apart from the basics of acknowledging various religions exist and discussing them as they come up in a historical context. I'd wager countries whose populace are widely regarded as industrious and well-educated are much the same.
    Yes, or no. The Jews and Mormons have success and they are religious . Most universities were religious. Harvard used to be a divinity school. Most of the great universities of the world were religious. As long as there is no fundamentalism it is no big deal.

Fundamentalist religionists are awful. Fundamentalists anti-racists types can also be awful. The latter becomes a religion.

Yes, or no. The Jews and Mormons have success and they are religious . Most universities were religious. Harvard used to be a divinity school. Most of the great universities of the world were religious. As long as there is no fundamentalism it is no big deal.

Fundamentalist religionists are awful. Fundamentalists anti-racists types can also be awful. The latter becomes a religion.
    If I was one of the major religions, i would like to know what Mormonism did to graduate from cult status.

What if one denigrates all religions equally?
    Saul
    A proper atheist with good manners does not believe in God. That is it.
    Denigrating religions or believers may be poor form because it is easy to do. It is a bit like stealing candy from a baby.

I would rather go after secular movements that become pseudo religion. That is much more dangerous to the world.

If you must denigrate a religion I suggest you pick a Christian one. No one will ever call you a Christianophobe. If you denigrate Islam someone may cry Islamophobia. Be careful!

Saul
    A proper atheist with good manners does not believe in God. That is it.
    Denigrating religions or believers may be poor form because it is easy to do. It is a bit like stealing candy from a baby.

I would rather go after secular movements that become pseudo religion. That is much more dangerous to the world.

If you must denigrate a religion I suggest you pick a Christian one. No one will ever call you a Christianophobe. If you denigrate Islam someone may cry Islamophobia. Be careful!

Proper and good manners have nothing to do with it. Atheism is a position on a single topic, period.

There used to be that many universities (if not all of them) were established by the Catholic church or the Church of England, but that didn't make them anything special or particularly great... it was simply that the churches having the money to establish the universities.

The Jews (the ethnic group) aren't that religious. Matter of fact, there is a good number of atheist Jews, especially as a result of the Shoa.

The Mormon church has a lot of money because it makes everyone give them 10% of their money (or as close to 10% as you can). I don't know how they do it know, but back in the day, during my family's brief dance with the LDS, they didn't pass the plate, they made you make a line to pay up and the person receiving the money was writing down names and amounts.

Nowadays, with some notable differences, what you'd call religious universities are fundamentalists. Any university still run by Jesuits is not going to be anything like Liberty "University" , for example.

And you last sentence, LOL

Last edited:
    If I was one of the major religions, i would like to know what Mormonism did to graduate from cult status.

There is a very fine line between a religion and a cult as it is; if you ask me, there is no line. But as far as Mormonism being a religion, it is a religion: they are Christians with one more prophet.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom