What happens to the Republican Party now? (6 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

MT15

Reaction score
    This election nonsense by Trump may end up splitting up the Republican Party. I just don’t see how the one third (?) who are principled conservatives can stay in the same party with Trump sycophants who are willing to sign onto the TX Supreme Court case.

We also saw the alt right types chanting “destroy the GOP” in Washington today because they didn’t keep Trump in power. I think the Q types will also hold the same ill will toward the traditional Republican Party. In fact its quite possible that all the voters who are really in a Trump personality cult will also blame the GOP for his loss. It’s only a matter of time IMO before Trump himself gets around to blaming the GOP.

There is some discussion of this on Twitter. What do you all think?

I was feeling that way too before Tuesday. I'm glad he(I) was at least a little wrong in this election.

Enough people cared to not go full speed into authoritarianism, hopefully.
    Definitely still on that trajectory, though, as the GOP still has control of a lot of battleground state houses.

Definitely still on that trajectory, though, as the GOP still has control of a lot of battleground state houses.
    But democracy can survive them.

We’ve survived worse.

The R’s will put up with Trump as long as he is a winner of elections and a raiser of funds. He is neither of those currently.

Fox News has made it clear they are blaming him and only him for the debacle that was Tuesday.

Make no mistake that was a referendum election despite the tepid results. They are going to need someone to blame (Trump) and someone to move on to (DeSantis).

I mean, all they have to do is stop lying about Trump and report on him accurately and the like 700 court cases they will suddenly be made aware of

But democracy can survive them.

We’ve survived worse.

The R’s will put up with Trump as long as he is a winner of elections and a raiser of funds. He is neither of those currently.

Fox News has made it clear they are blaming him and only him for the debacle that was Tuesday.

Make no mistake that was a referendum election despite the tepid results. They are going to need someone to blame (Trump) and someone to move on to (DeSantis).

I mean, all they have to do is stop lying about Trump and report on him accurately and the like 700 court cases they will suddenly be made aware of
    Might get a boost if there's a major Trump/DeSantis feud.

Might get a boost if there's a major Trump/DeSantis feud.
    That is actually what I am pinning the hopes of democracy on.

That Donald Trump is too big a narcissist to admit he lost and would rather burn it down. That he will rather burn the R’s down while the MAGAs faction and tear each other apart.

Florida might actually have a war.

That is actually what I am pinning the hopes of democracy on.

That Donald Trump is too big a narcissist to admit he lost and would rather burn it down. That he will rather burn the R’s down while the MAGAs faction and tear each other apart.

Florida might actually have a war.

Same here….exactly….

A powerful rightwing pressure group, the American Legislative Exchange Council (Alec), is pushing states to adopt a new law shielding all US businesses from “political boycotts”.

Although primarily aimed at protecting controversial industries such as fossil fuel companies, big agriculture and gun manufacturers, the proposed legislation is written to prevent boycotts by investors, banks and other companies of any US business.

It comes amid rising consumer pressure on firms over whom they do business with, and follows the decision by major retail stores to stop selling MyPillow products after its chief executive allied himself with Donald Trump’s false claims of fraud in the 2020 presidential election.

Alec, which is funded by major corporations, intends to press state legislators to adopt the readymade law, the eliminate political boycotts act, at its closed-door States and Nation Policy Summit in Washington DC at the end of this month.

Some Republican-led states have passed hundreds of pieces of Alec’s model legislation almost word for word, including laws pushing the conservative agenda on immigration, voting suppression, the environment, guns and energy policy.

The new model legislation requires every “governmental entity”, which covers a wide array of bodies from state government to local police departments and public universities, to include a clause in contracts requiring businesses to pledge they “will not engage in economic boycotts”…..

If I were Trump, I would turn the whole student debt thing upside down. Talk about college tuition reform, regardless of where you stand on forgiving college debt, you have to admit those loans are insanely predatory. You let kids with very little resources take out these loans whilst other loans these same kids would get laughed out of the office if they tried to take one out. College is way too expensive and your message can't be "Well, When I went to college in 1970, I paid for it with my summer job" that aint gonna cut it as costs have ballooned to craziness. Politicians have ignored this issue far too long, other countries have this whole college thing figured out.

Lowering the cost to go to college needs to happen. It also needs to be explained for kids to go learn something useful in college. Majoring in 18th century British society or some cultural studies aint it, you can learn all about your favorite cultures over youtube for free. I agree, that falls on parenting for the most part but maybe it SHOULD be explained to kids when they go get one of these loans that a stipulation is that they need to pick a major that gives a return on investment.

Secondly, quit beating around the bush with wages in this country. Nothing is more annoying than boomers telling young people to pull themselves up by their bootstraps
    when jobs pay 12-13$ an hour and rent keeps skyrocketing everywhere. It's not that people don't want to work, they don't want to work for poo wages. Back in the day, a man could raise a family of 5 on a janitor's wage, good luck with that today. I don't wanna hear about "unskilled work" when people were calling stock clerks and fast food workers heroes during covid whilst overworking them and then call them unskilled labor when things revert back to normal when seeking higher pay.

A McDonalds worker over 18 years old in Denmark starts out over 20$ an hour with 5 weeks paid vacation. According to prices in March of 2021 Big Mac in Denmark costs 4.90$ USD and 5.56$ USD in the USA. So throw out the popular narrative "Oh, if we pay them more, prices go up." Prices went up anyway, despite corporations raking in the cash every year. Dollar Tree a perfect example: CEO made 10,249,698$ last year. Dollar Tree annual revenue for 2022 was $26.321B, a 3.18% increase from 2021.

How much do workers make? "Average Dollar Tree hourly pay ranges from approximately $7.25 per hour for Cashier/Stocker to $14.42 per hour for Freight Associate. The average Dollar Tree salary ranges from approximately $15,000 per year for Sales Associate to $44,990 per year for Store Manager"

I also saw many Dollar Tree stores got rid of cashiers and went to self-check outs, talk about greed, rofl.

Lets throw in this ridiculous story about wages at Disney World:

(Instead of paying a living wage, they'll going to dangle on campus "affordable housing" LOL.

I'm not naïve, I know no politicians is ever gonna touch things like this but if they do, they'll get a crap ton of votes.

Last edited:
    A powerful rightwing pressure group, the American Legislative Exchange Council (Alec), is pushing states to adopt a new law shielding all US businesses from “political boycotts”.

Although primarily aimed at protecting controversial industries such as fossil fuel companies, big agriculture and gun manufacturers, the proposed legislation is written to prevent boycotts by investors, banks and other companies of any US business.

It comes amid rising consumer pressure on firms over whom they do business with, and follows the decision by major retail stores to stop selling MyPillow products after its chief executive allied himself with Donald Trump’s false claims of fraud in the 2020 presidential election.

Alec, which is funded by major corporations, intends to press state legislators to adopt the readymade law, the eliminate political boycotts act, at its closed-door States and Nation Policy Summit in Washington DC at the end of this month.

Some Republican-led states have passed hundreds of pieces of Alec’s model legislation almost word for word, including laws pushing the conservative agenda on immigration, voting suppression, the environment, guns and energy policy.

The new model legislation requires every “governmental entity”, which covers a wide array of bodies from state government to local police departments and public universities, to include a clause in contracts requiring businesses to pledge they “will not engage in economic boycotts”…..

Hmm... basically, "Right wing against free markets".... who'd have thought?

If I were Trump, I would turn the whole student debt thing upside down. Talk about college tuition reform, regardless of where you stand on forgiving college debt, you have to admit those loans are insanely predatory. You let kids with very little resources take out these loans whilst other loans these same kids would get laughed out of the office if they tried to take one out. College is way too expensive and your message can't be "Well, When I went to college in 1970, I paid for it with my summer job" that aint gonna cut it as costs have ballooned to craziness. Politicians have ignored this issue far too long, other countries have this whole college thing figured out.

Lowering the cost to go to college needs to happen. It also needs to be explained for kids to go learn something useful in college. Majoring in 18th century British society or some cultural studies aint it, you can learn all about your favorite cultures over youtube for free. I agree, that falls on parenting for the most part but maybe it SHOULD be explained to kids when they go get one of these loans that a stipulation is that they need to pick a major that gives a return on investment.

Secondly, quit beating around the bush with wages in this country. Nothing is more annoying than boomers telling young people to pull themselves up by their bootstraps
    when jobs pay 12-13$ an hour and rent keeps skyrocketing everywhere. It's not that people don't want to work, they don't want to work for poo wages. Back in the day, a man could raise a family of 5 on a janitor's wage, good luck with that today. I don't wanna hear about "unskilled work" when people were calling stock clerks and fast food workers heroes during covid whilst overworking them and then call them unskilled labor when things revert back to normal when seeking higher pay.

A McDonalds worker over 18 years old in Denmark starts out over 20$ an hour with 5 weeks paid vacation. According to prices in March of 2021 Big Mac in Denmark costs 4.90$ USD and 5.56$ USD in the USA. So throw out the popular narrative "Oh, if we pay them more, prices go up." Prices went up anyway, despite corporations raking in the cash every year. Dollar Tree a perfect example: CEO made 10,249,698$ last year. Dollar Tree annual revenue for 2022 was $26.321B, a 3.18% increase from 2021.

How much do workers make? "Average Dollar Tree hourly pay ranges from approximately $7.25 per hour for Cashier/Stocker to $14.42 per hour for Freight Associate. The average Dollar Tree salary ranges from approximately $15,000 per year for Sales Associate to $44,990 per year for Store Manager"

I also saw many Dollar Tree stores got rid of cashiers and went to self-check outs, talk about greed, rofl.

Lets throw in this ridiculous story about wages at Disney World:

(Instead of paying a living wage, they'll going to dangle on campus "affordable housing" LOL.

I'm not naïve, I know no politicians is ever gonna touch things like this but if they do, they'll get a crap ton of votes.

Has proven, Brian Entin.

Uh, Brandon?
    What part of "GOP supermajority" do you not understand?
    Yeah, but they got elected in spite of that nonsense. I truly don’t think a majority of people were wanting that to be their priority.

Yeah, but they got elected in spite of that nonsense. I truly don’t think a majority of people were wanting that to be their priority.

Maybe. Looks to me that whatever they're doing has indeed paid off.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom