What happens to the Republican Party now? (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

MT15

Reaction score
    This election nonsense by Trump may end up splitting up the Republican Party. I just don’t see how the one third (?) who are principled conservatives can stay in the same party with Trump sycophants who are willing to sign onto the TX Supreme Court case.

We also saw the alt right types chanting “destroy the GOP” in Washington today because they didn’t keep Trump in power. I think the Q types will also hold the same ill will toward the traditional Republican Party. In fact its quite possible that all the voters who are really in a Trump personality cult will also blame the GOP for his loss. It’s only a matter of time IMO before Trump himself gets around to blaming the GOP.

There is some discussion of this on Twitter. What do you all think?

The band kept on playing as the Titanic sank too.

Yeah, but the band didn't sink the Titanic. And drag queens aren't sinking the Democrats.

Neither are gender and social issues. That's just a convenient foil to put the blame on Democrats losing when it's other reasons (not all controlled by Democrats). Democrats could jettison their LGBTQ+ representation and faction and be all hardline right like the Republicans (since apparently Republican polices are more palatable to voting Americans), and they would only lose by larger margins.

Yeah, but the band didn't sink the Titanic. And drag queens aren't sinking the Democrats.

Neither are gender and social issues.

Drag queens specifically by themselves? No. That you separate drag queens, gender and social issues should tell you something, though.

That's just a convenient foil to put the blame on Democrats losing when it's other reasons (not all controlled by Democrats). Democrats could jettison their LGBTQ+ representation and faction and be all hardline right like the Republicans (since apparently Republican polices are more palatable to voting Americans), and they would only lose by larger margins.

I am not saying the Democrats should jettison anything. But the Democrats continue to let woke and the GOP dictate their talking points and even their actions. It is the GOP who points to the hill that the DNC needs to defend, while the GOP attacks the firebase, and quite successfully, because the DNC voter is finicky, easily distracted with their particular issue, and many times can't see the forest from the trees, whereas the GOP is basically lock and step no matter what... that's why Herschel Walker actually has a chance to win a Senate seat in GA but Al Franken is a pariah for pretending to grab boobs during a comedy tour.

The GOP voter understands that, whatever personal issue they have, even if it is not championed on campaign trails or continuously brought up in the media, that a government controlled by the GOP will create the environment that will allow their issue to be addressed, something that's missing in your average DNC voter (ex: Bernie Sanders voters who didn't vote against Trump).

And what does continuing to push messages that only affect a small fraction of the population as main platforms/talking points do for the average independent/undecided voter who's not part of that fraction of the population? I am willing to bet the average person who sees 1/4 of his paycheck go to taxes, has kids to support, a mortgage, and sees inflation out of control during a Democrat WH, doesn't give a rat's arse about defending drag queen reading hour, and probably not down with the U.S. government spending tax payers' money to put up drag queen shows in Ecuador.

And that last statement, is but one example. But you are now probably thinking that I clearly have an issue with drag queens.

We'll see what tomorrow (literally) brings.

Drag queens specifically by themselves? No. That you separate drag queens, gender and social issues should tell you something, though.

I separated them because they were mentioned separately before my post. It's all the same set of "issues" for me.

I am not saying the Democrats should jettison anything. But the Democrats continue to let woke and the GOP dictate their talking points and even their actions. It is the GOP who points to the hill that the DNC needs to defend, while the GOP attacks the firebase, and quite successfully, because the DNC voter is finicky, easily distracted with their particular issue, and many times can't see the forest from the trees, whereas the GOP is basically lock and step no matter what... that's why Herschel Walker actually has a chance to win a Senate seat in GA but Al Franken is a pariah for pretending to grab boobs during a comedy tour.

But you understand why that is, don't you? It doesn't have to do with Democrats at all, it's all about the right wing media bubble. Right wing voters only get one message. It's all coordinated and consistent and meant to spread Republican propaganda. And it's extremely effective. Telling gays to sit down and shut up (so the DNC can win), when we aren't even standing up and demanding or screaming for anything isn't going to work. LGBTQ+ issues are prominent in this election only because the Republican's false and salacious narratives about LGBTQ+ people and organizativos. Not because we're actually demanding anything or pushing our own narratives, but here you are pushing the GOP narratives. Like I said, it's extremely effective.

The GOP voter understands that, whatever personal issue they have, even if it is not championed on campaign trails or continuously brought up in the media, that a government controlled by the GOP will create the environment that will allow their issue to be addressed, something that's missing in your average DNC voter (ex: Bernie Sanders voters who didn't vote against Trump).

And what are the issues those GOP voters care about??? It's their social issues, not the economy or inflation or anything else that gets reported on. And the GOP does deliver on the conservative social issues. But I guess the DNC shouldn't or can't?

Also, what is the GOP going to do about inflation or the economy? I've asked that question a lot and never get an answer. The whole economy and inflation justification for voting for the GOP is a convenient reason to not admit they're voting for conservative social issues.

And what does continuing to push messages that only affect a small fraction of the population as main platforms/talking points do for the average independent/undecided voter who's not part of that fraction of the population? I am willing to bet the average person who sees 1/4 of his paycheck go to taxes, has kids to support, a mortgage, and sees inflation out of control during a Democrat WH, doesn't give a rat's arse about defending drag queen reading hour, and probably not down with the U.S. government spending tax payers' money to put up drag queen shows in Ecuador.

And that last statement, is but one example. But you are now probably thinking that I clearly have an issue with drag queens.

We'll see what tomorrow (literally) brings.

Has the Democrat WH said anything about Drag Queen reading hour? Anything at all? That's news to me. Actually, when is the last time this WH has said anything about LGBTQ+ issues? I can't remember.

I have seen Biden and the WH talk endlessly about the economy, inflation and what they're trying to do long term about it, but I guess that doesn't count since the "message" hasn't gotten out.

I don't care what your issues or lack of issues are with drag queens or trans people. But I do think you've bought hook, line and sinker into Republican propaganda.

Last edited:
    But you understand why that is, don't you? It doesn't have to do with Democrats at all
    It has everything to do with Democrats, when they allow the right wing media bubble to dictate public discourse and can't come up with any sort of strategy or discourse of their own, opting for "going high when they go low".

Telling gays to sit down and shut up (so the DNC can win), when we aren't even standing up and demanding or screaming for anything isn't going to work.
    I am not "telling gays to sit down". I am pointing out that continuously putting the so-called LGBTQ+ issues in the front is not an effective message for the voters outside the other bubble.

LGBTQ+ issues are prominent in this election only because the Republican's false and salacious narratives about LGBTQ+ people and organizativos.
    Exactly. Whether false or salacious, the GOP is dictating the public discourse.

And what are the issues those GOP voters care about??? It's their social issues, not the economy or inflation or anything else that gets reported on. And the GOP does deliver on the conservative social issues. But I guess the DNC shouldn't or can't?
    I didn't say that the DNC shouldn't deliver on social issues. What I am saying is that they can't market them in an effective way to secure elections.
    Also, what is it the GOP going to do about inflation or the economy?
    They don't have to do anything, as long as the Democrats make it easy for them to shift the discourse in the direction they want to shift it, and get Congressional seats in the process.

I've asked that question a lot and never get an answer. The whole economy and inflation justification for voting for the GOP is a convenient reason to not admit they're voting for conservative social issues.
    That may be for your average Fox viewer, but people in general do care about their jobs, the taxes they pay, interest rates, consumer indexes, purchasing power, standards of living... Right or wrong, the GOP maintains the impression that they are the people who'll deliver on those issues, and the DNC has done absolutely nothing to fight that impression, instead fighting for the social issue do jour, which usually is dictated by the GOP or self inflicted.
    Has the Democrat WH said anything about Drag Queen reading hour? Anything at all? That's news to me. Actually, when is the last time this WH has said anything about LGBTQ+ issues? I can't remember.
    I don't know if the WH has said anything specifically about drag queens, but it has had plenty to say about LGBTQ+: State of the Union, White House communications, etc...

I have seen Biden and the WH talk endlessly about the economy, inflation and what they're trying to do long term about it, but I guess that doesn't count since the "message" hasn't gotten out.
    Endlessly?
    Seems the message has not gotten out, or it is an ineffective message.

I don't care what your issues or lack of issues are with drag queens or trans people. But I do think you've bought hook, line and sinker into Republican propaganda.
    And there you go. Can't see the forest from the trees. I have not bought into anyone's propaganda. I am pointing out the DNC strategy is obviously failing.

It has everything to do with Democrats, when they allow the right wing media bubble to dictate public discourse and can't come up with any sort of strategy or discourse of their own, opting for "going high when they go low".

The Democrats aren't "allowing" anything. They have no power and effect on the right wing media propaganda that the regular media then responds to by covering "both sides" of the "issue" that right wing media had created.

I am not "telling gays to sit down". I am pointing out that continuously putting the so-called LGBTQ+ issues in the front is not an effective message for the voters outside the other bubble.

But Democrats aren't putting the "so-called" LGBTQ+ issues out in front. You just admitted it was Republicans pushing this issue.

Exactly. Whether false or salacious, the GOP is dictating the public discourse.

I didn't say that the DNC shouldn't deliver on social issues. What I am saying is that they can't market them in an effective way to secure elections.

They don't have to do anything, as long as the Democrats make it easy for them to shift the discourse in the direction they want to shift it, and get Congressional seats in the process.

So how should Democrats market this social issue?

That may be for your average Fox viewer, but people in general do care about their jobs, the taxes they pay, interest rates, consumer indexes, purchasing power, standards of living... Right or wrong, the GOP maintains the impression that they are the people who'll deliver on those issues, and the DNC has done absolutely nothing to fight that impression, instead fighting for the social issue do jour, which usually is dictated by the GOP or self inflicted.

They've done a lot to fight that impression on the economy. And the facts largely bare that out under Democratic administrations the economy is better. Even now, we'd be in a much worse shape economically if Biden hadn't been elected president. It just hasn't taken with many voters because the DNC and Democrats are evil due to the social issues they take positions on, so it's convenient to "believe" that the GOP is better for the economy.

I don't know if the WH has said anything specifically about drag queens, but it has had plenty to say about LGBTQ+: State of the Union, White House communications, etc...

So the only answer is to never say anything about LGBTQ+ issues? I mean, that's a paltry example to claim Democrats and the White House are pushing this issue.

Endlessly?
    Seems the message has not gotten out, or it is an ineffective message.

It's been ineffective for reasons I've already mentioned.

And there you go. Can't see the forest from the trees. I have not bought into anyone's propaganda. I am pointing out the DNC strategy is obviously failing.

Your framing of the effect of LGBTQ+ and other social issues as the reasons for Democrats losses and bad elections is the Republican propaganda you're falling for. Republicans love to see that coming from liberals like yourself. They pop champagne every time they see their framing on issues win out.

Last edited:
    The Democrats aren't "allowing" anything. They have no power and effect on the right wing media propaganda that the regular media then responds to by covering "both sides" of the "issue" that right wing media had created.

But Democrats aren't putting the "so-called" LGBTQ+ issues out in front. You just admitted it was Republicans pushing this issue.

They've done a lot to fight that impression on the economy. And the facts largely bare that out under Democratic administrations. Even now, we'd be in a much worse shape economically if Biden hadn't been elected president. It just hasn't taken with many voters because the DNC and Democrats are evil due to the social issues they take positions on, so it's convenient to "believe" that the GOP is better for the economy.

So the only answer is to never say anything about LGBTQ+ issues? I mean, that's a paltry example to claim Democrats and the White House are pushing this issue.

It's been ineffective for reasons I've already mentioned.

Your framing of the effect of LGBTQ+ and other social issues as the reasons for Democrats losses and bad elections is the Republican propaganda you're falling for. Republicans love to see that coming from liberals like yourself. They pop champagne every time they see their framing on issues win out.
    The TD/DR version of this is:

Show me the "Woke" agenda or candidates on the national level that the DNC is promoting?

If you believe the Republican anti-woke campaign, then that's on you!

They don't have power or effect within right wing media, but they do have power and effect outside right wing media.

They keep them up front, for sure.
    For starters, as individual rights, without the labels.

They've done a lot to fight that impression on the economy. And the facts largely bare that out under Democratic administrations the economy is better. Even now, we'd be in a much worse shape economically if Biden hadn't been elected president. It just hasn't taken with many voters because the DNC and Democrats are evil due to the social issues they take positions on, so it's convenient to "believe" that the GOP is better for the economy.
    It may be a fact that the economy is better under Democratic administrations (although that is debatable for sure), but that is not the perception. Why is it not the perception? It certainly isn't because the Democrats are "evil".
    So the only answer is to never say anything about LGBTQ+ issues?
    It's either black or white with you, uh?
    It is not just LGBTQ+ issues, but it is clear that a lot of independents, and even some Democrats, are not buying what the DNC is selling. If they were, the U.S. wouldn't be about to give the House and Senate, as they did the SCOTUS, to a bunch of crazies and zealots.

But maybe that is what the U.S. really is. IDK.

Sure, but that "you", especially the "you" beyond the right wing media, is going to either vote Republican or not vote Democrat.
    It’s not just the right wing media, though. Main stream media tends to uncritically pick up the R talking points as well. I cannot tell you how many stories I have seen where the reporter just uncritically presents the case that people will be voting R because of inflation without mentioning that inflation right now is global, and exacerbated by coming off of a two year pandemic.

In fact, I don’t think I‘ve ever seen a reporter make that observation this election season.

They have done this for years, with talking points from either party. It just so happens that R talking points are more disingenuous than D talking points, generally, and that Rs march in lockstep while Ds are a more varied and diverse group.

I really wish politicians would stop saying that they are 'heaven sent', 'hand picked by God' 'annointed' 'chosen by Jesus', etc.

"this is what God wants" and "won't someone think of the children?!" 2 reliable and effective motivators

Last edited:
    I really wish politicians would stop saying that they are 'heaven sent' hand picked by God" etc.

"this is what God wants" and "won't someone think of the children?!" 2 reliable and effective motivators

That video will bring many Republicans to tears and cheers of "fork Yeah!" 🤮

He's certainly laying his groundwork for the presidential run trying to steal that anointed title for Trump.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom