Unsealed Ghislaine Maxwell / Jeffery Epstein transcripts have dropped (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

BobE

Guv'nor
    Reaction score

(likely crashed)

From what I have seen so far on how people look

Bad: Alan Dershowitz
    Maybe bad: Bill Clinton
    Meh: Trump

HOLY shirt: FBI and Dubya for letting the DOJ do this.

Last edited:
    I think Lapaz is probably referring to someone else’s allegation that the media has been biased with their coverage because Bill Clinton’s name wasn’t in every headline. Just my guess.

I think Lapaz is probably referring to someone else’s allegation that the media has been biased with their coverage because Bill Clinton’s name wasn’t in every headline. Just my guess.
    Thanks for answering. I was about to tell Richard that I should've been clear that that question wasn't a response to him. It was somewhat rhetorical, but more so a general comment to others that had complained that Bill Clinton wasn't prominent in the headlines related to the Maxwell document drop coverage.

Maybe he wishes her well meaning she doesn't get suicided in prison like JE and can testify.

What would be an appropriate response in everyone's opinion?

Edit: never mind, I just realized that since she is evil and Trump is the most evil person ever, in the world, to ever exist and probably the most evil life force in the universe, they must be in the same evil superhero club so its probably pedophile code for "have sex with kids and hate all people that are different". I think that is on the Trump family crest, in pedo code of course. Thanks yall for opening my eyes to it all.

I'm late to this, and maybe this should be a PM, but you really should have just left that 'edit' out. Your first sentence is fair enough and what he later said he meant. Your second sentence/question is a fair question.

The rest is just passive aggressive garbage. Do you want to be taken seriously and have meaningful discussions or be dismissed out of hand for acting like someone not worth the time? This place is going to get really boring if we can't have meaningful discussions.

I'm not sure that's the headline there, since he was already accused by this same person of being on the island to a reporter earlier so that was already out there. And in this deposition she said that she was told that by Maxwell and that Maxwell liked to say things that were "fantastical".

In the same deposition the victim accuses other powerful people of actually having sex with girls, and she said she's never seen Clinton doing anything inappropriate, and she doesn't name Clinton as one of the people who would have first hand knowledge of abuse, like she does with Dershowitz and others.

So, in a deposition where a victim names a bunch of powerful and influential people but not Clinton of having sex with young girls at Epsteins urging, and names a bunch of people not Clinton of having first hand knowledge of sexual abuse, you think the headline should be about a second hand knowledge of Clinton being on the island? I mean it definitely warrants being talked about, but I would think something like "Prince Andrew accused of having sex with Epstein's harem" would be a bigger headline than "Epstein victim testifies that she heard that Clinton was on the island at the same time as her".
    I have to imagine that the whole 'headline' argument has to be due to a certain demographic of Americans (most of them) who just read headline and don't bother reading the actual news articles.

I mean, look at the example in front of you. They're using Tweets from other talking heads to tell them what to think and where it was. I mean, why tweet someone telling you what was or wasn't in a story.. when you could just read the story yourself?

I'm late to this, and maybe this should be a PM, but you really should have just left that 'edit' out. Your first sentence is fair enough and what he later said he meant. Your second sentence/question is a fair question.

The rest is just passive aggressive garbage. Do you want to be taken seriously and have meaningful discussions or be dismissed out of hand for acting like someone not worth the time? This place is going to get really boring if we can't have meaningful discussions.
    Yeah, that should have been in a PM, and yet here we are.......

Thanks or enlightening me on the proper way to post and how to be taken seriously. If I ever need some pointers on how to be high handed, I will now know where to go.

Anyone else notice in the past week or so, there have been a lot of posters offering 'pointers' to other posters on how to post better? Might just be me though, but it is still annoying.

Yeah, that should have been in a PM, and yet here we are.......

Thanks or enlightening me on the proper way to post and how to be taken seriously. If I ever need some pointers on how to be high handed, I will now know where to go.

Anyone else notice in the past week or so, there have been a lot of posters offering 'pointers' to other posters on how to post better? Might just be me though, but it is still annoying.

Well, let's keep it real for a sec and address the elephant in the room. There has been a string of posters being banned from the site and they mostly share the same demographic. Contrary to what some may think, we (Liberals) don't want to have these discussions amongst ourselves. We have the Liberal board for that. The MCB is the place where ideas can be challenged, a healthy adversarial dialogue can happen and persons can escape the comfort of their information bubble and broaden their perspective, as long as we all post within the guidelines.

That can't happen if one side constantly engages in snarky, trollish, petty or outright bannable style of posting. That isn't to say that we Liberals don't have posters who engage in that or push the posting decorum guidelines to the limits. We do. But, we also try to self-police that stuff too. At the end of the day, the proof is in the pudding, or in this case, the ban list.

I trust the site owner and his mods. One, I trust their goal isn’t to moderate their site into a ghost town. That serves no benefit to @Andrus . Two, and perhaps more importantly, I trust that they have a set a posting standard they expect everyone to adhere to on the MCB and they will moderate to that standard, posting volume or demographics be damned. I don’t know about anyone else but I respect that.

We all want the site to work right? Well, those annoying suggestions, including @wardorican 's, PM or not, is how we accomplish that. We all flip mode from serious to trollish behavior sometimes, well except for @superchuck500 that leave it to beaver facts only frick 😆, but its more noticeable when a regular non-Liberal poster does it because, quite frankly, there are so few of yall left. Posting reputation matters here bro. I've gotten my share of leeway for drive by posting, dropping a naked link, getting out of line here and there, a little snark but I don't make a habit of doing that stuff and my rep is that I normally shoot it straight.

We want some of yall to stick around bro, that's all.

as long as we all post within the guidelines.

Maybe it comes with being a teacher and asking/expecting/instructing students to work things out themselves rather than running to the teacher to work it out for them, but I tend to prefer that - via PMs if necessary - rather than going to a mod.

And the guidelines exist and we know what they are - I don't see it threatening when some other poster says I could do something better.

Like I said recently, a post of mine got reported because I didn't add enough context or commentary. Fair enough - I added it. I think that's the kind of thing the other poster could have easily said to me. That's the kind of thing I would tell a student to work out with another student.

Intercession of teacher/mod isn't really necessary in that case. Not to mention, we're adults and, presumably, could be just as mature as we expect children and teenagers and young adults to be. Even if only aspirationally.

So if I can do something better or I've done something wrong, no issue with it being pointed out.

The other side of that, of course, assumes that the other party is willing to abide by the same expectations that's being demanded of others.

yep

I've told Farb directly that I don't envy his position of having to be a spokesperson for an entire political demographic at times. And there are times when I feel like I can't even say anything because it would feel like piling on, when that's not my intention.

It's better for the site, overall, with more diversity of engagement and a broader spectrum of participants.

I will say that I do understand what yall are saying and I tend to agree.

It does get frustrating at times because it is basically like 2 to 4 of us from the conservative side that regularly posts on the MCB so we definitely won't be winning any hearts and minds by our sheer weight in numbers, so sometimes I try and sum up an answer or rebuttal to several posters/questions at once otherwise, I will be here all day and night trying to keep up. In my effort to be more efficient my smart arse comments come out. That is on me but that is also me if that makes sense. If I don't reply or get a thought out, then I feel like I am ignoring people and I know you guys don't really care but it is just the way I am (I cant not reply to an email that is addressed to me, even if just to say I received it). If I step over a line, absolutely let me know. If it is bad enough, call me out, I don't mind (I think the Mods already know this).
    Well this turned into a 'poor me' post and that was not my intent.

I get what you all are saying and feel free to PM me, or call me out. Good rational post @First Time Poster.

Well, let's keep it real for a sec and address the elephant in the room. There has been a string of posters being banned from the site and they mostly share the same demographic. Contrary to what some may think, we (Liberals) don't want to have these discussions amongst ourselves. We have the Liberal board for that. The MCB is the place where ideas can be challenged, a healthy adversarial dialogue can happen and persons can escape the comfort of their information bubble and broaden their perspective, as long as we all post within the guidelines.

That can't happen if one side constantly engages in snarky, trollish, petty or outright bannable style of posting. That isn't to say that we Liberals don't have posters who engage in that or push the posting decorum guidelines to the limits. We do. But, we also try to self-police that stuff too. At the end of the day, the proof is in the pudding, or in this case, the ban list.

I trust the site owner and his mods. One, I trust their goal isn’t to moderate their site into a ghost town. That serves no benefit to @Andrus . Two, and perhaps more importantly, I trust that they have a set a posting standard they expect everyone to adhere to on the MCB and they will moderate to that standard, posting volume or demographics be damned. I don’t know about anyone else but I respect that.

We all want the site to work right? Well, those annoying suggestions, including @wardorican 's, PM or not, is how we accomplish that. We all flip mode from serious to trollish behavior sometimes, well except for @superchuck500 that leave it to beaver facts only frick 😆, but its more noticeable when a regular non-Liberal poster does it because, quite frankly, there are so few of yall left. Posting reputation matters here bro. I've gotten my share of leeway for drive by posting, dropping a naked link, getting out of line here and there, a little snark but I don't make a habit of doing that stuff and my rep is that I normally shoot it straight.

Yes, all of that.

At one point in time, that reply of mine had some of those ideas in there, but said in too blunt of a way, so I removed them. Thank you for understanding me, the board, and being able to articulate it far better.

I will say that I do understand what yall are saying and I tend to agree.

It does get frustrating at times because it is basically like 2 to 4 of us from the conservative side that regularly posts on the MCB so we definitely won't be winning any hearts and minds by our sheer weight in numbers, so sometimes I try and sum up an answer or rebuttal to several posters/questions at once otherwise, I will be here all day and night trying to keep up. In my effort to be more efficient my smart arse comments come out. That is on me but that is also me if that makes sense. If I don't reply or get a thought out, then I feel like I am ignoring people and I know you guys don't really care but it is just the way I am (I cant not reply to an email that is addressed to me, even if just to say I received it). If I step over a line, absolutely let me know. If it is bad enough, call me out, I don't mind (I think the Mods already know this).
    Well this turned into a 'poor me' post and that was not my intent.

I get what you all are saying and feel free to PM me, or call me out. Good rational post @First Time Poster.
    Sometimes, I think a lot of us get excited to get honest discussion and push back without it being snarky or parroting. So, we want to keep going with the good stuff.

And I'm glad this game to a positive resolution. Sorry if I got you a little ruffled earlier.

To go to the meat of your earlier post Farb.. I think the reply Trump should have made would have been, "no comment", or "we'll see what the facts are and let the legal system work"

I'm not sure he should have made the comment regarding the "Epstein was murdered vs suicide", wishing her well, i.e. avoiding the same questionable fate. I don't think we need anyone in political power fanning conspiracy theories of any sort.

But, I also don't take it as him wishing a child molester / trafficker well.

Although Davies says she saw no foul play involving Clinton, the pictures aren't a good look.

I'll start off by saying this. Bill Clinton can fork off. He shouldn't be anywhere near the DNC.

But I like that, what you lead with is the 9th bullet point on there and you don't see it with out clicking on the headline from the tweet.

Davies said Clinton was a 'complete gentleman' on the trip and 'saw absolutely no foul play involving him'

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom