Trump loyalists in Congress to challenge Electoral College results in Jan. 6 joint session (Update: Insurrectionists storm Congress)(And now what?) (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

superchuck500

U.S. Blues
    Reaction score
    I guess it's time to start a thread for this. We know that at least 140 members of Congress have pledged to join the objection. Under federal law, if at least one member of each house (HOR and Senate) objects, each house will adjourn the joint session for their own session (limited at two hours) to take up the objection. If both houses pass a resolution objecting to the EC result, further action can take place. If both houses do not (i.e. if one or neither passes a resolution), the objection is powerless and the college result is certified.

Clearly this is political theater as we know such a resolution will not pass the House, and there's good reason to think it wouldn't pass the Senate either (with or without the two senators from Georgia). The January 6 joint session is traditionally a ceremonial one. This one will not be.

Many traditional pillars of Republican support have condemned the plan as futile and damaging. Certainly the Trump loyalists don't care - and many are likely doing it for fundraising purposes or to carry weight with the fraction of their constituencies that think this is a good idea.

So far the only difference is that a protester was not shot and it wasn't during an election.
    Federal building stormed.....check
    protesters attacking police....check
    Occupation of federal building....check.
    Unarmed woman shot.....not yet.
    I hope wonder if they will do an investigation like the 1.6 commission. It needs to happen. These traitors need to be brought to justice.

There's been a world of difference so far, but you're too deep inside of your own bubble to see it.

So far the only difference is that a protester was not shot and it wasn't during an election.
    I hope wonder if they will do an investigation like the 1.6 commission. It needs to happen. These traitors need to be brought to justice.

It's been a week long protest.
    It appears to be a lot more peaceful. I see no videos of angry violent mobs.
    It wasn't a political rally, turned insurrection by one of the nations two major political parties.

I mean your crying, but they could have started shooting people when they breached.

How you aren't exhausted from your victim complex is beyond me.

You forgot a few....

---A gallows built outside...no check
    ---A crowd chanting "Hang..." followed by someone's name....no check
    ---Members of the crowd carrying handcuffs/zipties....no check

You forgot a few....

Members of the crowd looking for the specific members of congress... no check
    Members of the crowd beating police officers with flagpoles... no check

You forgot a few....

Also forgot President Biden addressing the crowd

“We’re going to march down there, and I’ll be right there with you”

A difference for me with this one is I'm pretty confident I don't personally know people who were so gung-ho to attend this that they did so by driving all night to DC from FL with a bunch of weapons and body armor they brought with them for the occasion.

Edit: My post from this thread pg 5 on morning of Jan 6 prior to shirt going down:
    My friend's cultist brother and his friend drove up to DC overnight with guns and body armor.. and quite assuredly they are not alone.. shirt is an absolute tinder box of nutjobs.
    https://madaboutpolitics.com/thread...ngress-and-now-what.108053/page-5#post-170342

Y'all will continue to downplay it all for obvious reasons but I knew before it even happened what they and many others went there to do.. many of them turned chickens*** once they realized they'd be fighting with the police instead of getting to the lawmakers, but others we know decided they'd fight and beat the shirt out of the cops in a furthered attempt to stop the proceedings/get to the lawmakers.

Last edited:
    Pretty sure there weren’t over 140 police officers wounded in this protest. No police officers received traumatic brain injuries, none had their eyes gouged out, none lost fingers or other limbs, and none have yet committed suicide after the fact.

You two (farb and SFL) are really completely and totally off the deep end here. It’s gross.

Pretty sure there weren’t over 140 police officers wounded in this protest. No police officers received traumatic brain injuries, none had their eyes gouged out, none lost fingers or other limbs, and none have yet committed suicide after the fact.

You two (farb and SFL) are really completely and totally off the deep end here. It’s gross.
    Well, to be fair, there were officers that were blinded by lasers during the summer love but wrong tribe so that doesn't count.

Who received traumatic brain injuries from the riot? You mean the guy that had a stroke that was not hit in the head with a fire extinguisher? Who lost a limb?

You can link the suicides to 1.6?

I just hope they spend millions bring these traitors to justice and throw them in solitary so they can prosecute them with trespassing. We must protect our democracy!!

There were several officers who received brain injuries during 1/6. Fanone was one, and there was a female officer who I read about later. This is from CBS:

‘Nearly five months after the January 6 Capitol riot, at least 17 police officers remain out of work due to injuries sustained during the attack.’

‘Violence that day left officers with head wounds, cracked ribs and smashed spinal disks, according to Capitol Police Labor Committee Chairman Gus Papathanasiou. Court documents in the federal criminal investigation describe a number of alleged assaults that sent officers to the hospital.’

You are correct that 2 officers may haven been permanently blinded by lasers in Portland. The people who did that are criminals who deserve to be prosecuted.

One protestor nearly died from a rubber bullet, and many more protestors were injured.

Still the violence on Jan 6, over the course of about 4 hours, completely dwarfs the violence that happened in Portland over an entire summer.

Well, to be fair, there were officers that were blinded by lasers during the summer love but wrong tribe so that doesn't count.

Who received traumatic brain injuries from the riot? You mean the guy that had a stroke that was not hit in the head with a fire extinguisher? Who lost a limb?

You can link the suicides to 1.6?

I just hope they spend millions bring these traitors to justice and throw them in solitary so they can prosecute them with trespassing. We must protect our democracy!!
    But you still didn't answer the question that was asked to you. Were they trying to overthrow a duley elected gov't?
    sure they should all be arrested and charged accordingly. but to say this was an insurrection, is just laughable and eveyone else is just laughng AT you for comparing the 2..lol. it hurts yalls heart so much that everone that stormed the capitol are traitors and not patriots..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom