Trump loyalists in Congress to challenge Electoral College results in Jan. 6 joint session (Update: Insurrectionists storm Congress)(And now what?) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

superchuck500

U.S. Blues
    Reaction score
    I guess it's time to start a thread for this. We know that at least 140 members of Congress have pledged to join the objection. Under federal law, if at least one member of each house (HOR and Senate) objects, each house will adjourn the joint session for their own session (limited at two hours) to take up the objection. If both houses pass a resolution objecting to the EC result, further action can take place. If both houses do not (i.e. if one or neither passes a resolution), the objection is powerless and the college result is certified.

Clearly this is political theater as we know such a resolution will not pass the House, and there's good reason to think it wouldn't pass the Senate either (with or without the two senators from Georgia). The January 6 joint session is traditionally a ceremonial one. This one will not be.

Many traditional pillars of Republican support have condemned the plan as futile and damaging. Certainly the Trump loyalists don't care - and many are likely doing it for fundraising purposes or to carry weight with the fraction of their constituencies that think this is a good idea.

Loyal Trumpist, you've been given your marching orders lol

The Republican primaries going into 22 are going to be wild.

Any candidate who accepts the election results will see a Trumpist primary opponent, and Trump will be holding rallies every day unless adderal gets hit by supply chain issues.

Hershel Walker will seem sane and competent compared to some of the freaks that end up running

I know. This other option of Biden is working out great.
    They still can't list the policies or reasons why Obama and Biden were/are tougher on Russia than Trump. It's obvious their argument is complete BS, but they can post videos of Trump sucking up to Putin while not acting like Trump did that to most leaders he was trying to negotiate with.

They still can't list the policies or reasons why Obama and Biden were/are tougher on Russia than Trump. It's obvious their argument is complete BS, but they can post videos of Trump sucking up to Putin while not acting like Trump did that to most leaders he was trying to negotiate with.
    I'll mark you down as supporting the January 6 attack on the Capitol. Thanks for clarifying your position.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/fede...probe-into-jails-treatment-of-jan-6-detainees

A federal judge is pushing for Biden’s Department of Justice to launch a civil rights investigation into the treatment of January 6 detainees after finding the warden of a D.C. jail and the director of the D.C. Department of Corrections in contempt.

“U.S. District Judge Royce C. Lamberth of Washington acted after finding jail officials failed to turn over information needed to approve surgery recommended four months ago for a Jan. 6 Capitol riot defendant’s broken wrist,” The Washington Post reported. “The failure of D.C. officials to turn over medical records is ‘more than just inept and bureaucratic jostling of papers,’ Lamberth said in a hearing, raising the possibility of deliberate mistreatment.”

“I find that the civil rights of the defendant have been abused,” Lamberth said. “I don’t know if it’s because he’s a January 6th defendant or not, but I find this matter should be referred to the attorney general of the United States for a civil rights investigation into whether the D.C. Department of Corrections is violating the civil rights of January 6th defendants … in this and maybe other cases.”

Good. I find the treatment of these protestors starkly different from the treatment of the summer of love protesters.

Mistreated in prison as opposed to beaten to a pulp on the street. Yup, very different.

That said, the cops/courts/jails must be held accountable for their treatment of every prisoner. The Constitution doesn't play left/right games on this one.

First of all, I thought you had me on ignore?

Second, is it your official position that because Trump was a kiss-arse to all authoritarian leaders that he was therefore tougher on Russia than Obama?

Wow
    =============

WASHINGTON (AP) — A U.S. Capitol Police officer has been indicted on obstruction of justice charges after prosecutors say he helped to hide evidence of a rioter’s involvement in the Jan. 6 insurrection.

The officer, Michael A. Riley, is accused of tipping off someone who participated in the riot by telling them to remove posts from Facebook that had showed the person inside the Capitol during the Jan. 6 attack, according to court documents…….

Wow
    =============

WASHINGTON (AP) — A U.S. Capitol Police officer has been indicted on obstruction of justice charges after prosecutors say he helped to hide evidence of a rioter’s involvement in the Jan. 6 insurrection.

The officer, Michael A. Riley, is accused of tipping off someone who participated in the riot by telling them to remove posts from Facebook that had showed the person inside the Capitol during the Jan. 6 attack, according to court documents…….

I think we are going to eventually learn that there were quite a few capital police officers who were sympathetic to the insurrection.

The Trumpers will use it to support their claim that the entire thing was an insider false flag.

https://www.mediaite.com/news/watch-climate-activists-try-to-storm-us-interior-department/

https://politicofire.com/2021/10/15...nd-take-over-department-of-interior-building/

Is this an insurrection too? Protestors are clashing with police. Gaining access to a federal building, during the day while government work is going on. One lady crawled through a window, thankfully, no 'hero' cop shot her as far as I know.

Are climate activist trying to overthrow the duly elected government?

https://www.mediaite.com/news/watch-climate-activists-try-to-storm-us-interior-department/

https://politicofire.com/2021/10/15...nd-take-over-department-of-interior-building/

Is this an insurrection too? Protestors are clashing with police. Gaining access to a federal building, during the day while government work is going on. One lady crawled through a window, thankfully, no 'hero' cop shot her as far as I know.
    It's an assault on democracy & probably an attempted coup. Worse day than 9/11. Thank God Biden is President.

It's an assault on democracy & probably an attempted coup. Worse day than 9/11. Thank God Biden is President.

You're losing what little credibility you have comparing the two events. I guess you also agree with those loons who compare the mask mandates to the Holocaust? Forget the COVID vaccine, you are in dire need of a shot of objectivity.

(But I forgot you are ignoring me because you don't like forced self-reflection)

Wow
    =============

I'm sure his brothers in the Capitol Police Force will be thrilled with this. Dude may as well quit his job now.

ETA: To Address sam's point about there being others who were "supporters" of the riots on 1/6. I'm sure there are some who were/are sympathetic to Trump and his base, but I'd think a lot of that changed after shirt went down.

So far the only difference is that a protester was not shot and it wasn't during an election.
    Federal building stormed.....check
    protesters attacking police....check
    Occupation of federal building....check.
    Unarmed woman shot.....not yet.
    I hope wonder if they will do an investigation like the 1.6 commission. It needs to happen. These traitors need to be brought to justice.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom