Trump loyalists in Congress to challenge Electoral College results in Jan. 6 joint session (Update: Insurrectionists storm Congress)(And now what?) (6 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

superchuck500

U.S. Blues
    Reaction score
    I guess it's time to start a thread for this. We know that at least 140 members of Congress have pledged to join the objection. Under federal law, if at least one member of each house (HOR and Senate) objects, each house will adjourn the joint session for their own session (limited at two hours) to take up the objection. If both houses pass a resolution objecting to the EC result, further action can take place. If both houses do not (i.e. if one or neither passes a resolution), the objection is powerless and the college result is certified.

Clearly this is political theater as we know such a resolution will not pass the House, and there's good reason to think it wouldn't pass the Senate either (with or without the two senators from Georgia). The January 6 joint session is traditionally a ceremonial one. This one will not be.

Many traditional pillars of Republican support have condemned the plan as futile and damaging. Certainly the Trump loyalists don't care - and many are likely doing it for fundraising purposes or to carry weight with the fraction of their constituencies that think this is a good idea.

But you still didn't answer the question that was asked to you. Were they trying to overthrow a duley elected gov't?
    sure they should all be arrested and charged accordingly. but to say this was an insurrection, is just laughable and eveyone else is just laughng AT you for comparing the 2..lol. it hurts yalls heart so much that everone that stormed the capitol are traitors and not patriots..
    The capitol incident on January 6 was the redneck version of BLM looters.

Not even close. not even the same ball park, not even the same (inset comparison)......
    I'd like proof that BLM wanted tried to over throw an election by stormng a federal building with the specific goal of stoping the certification of a presidentail election...

Not even close. not even the same ball park, not even the same (inset comparison)......
    I'd like proof that BLM wanted tried to over throw an election by stormng a federal building with the specific goal of stoping the certification of a presidentail election...
    Sure, that was the intention, but the idea that they could have success does not exist in this universe. I do not see America as a banana republic that can be taken over by a bunch of mentally mentally challenged people. If this was a coup, it was the worst coup in world history. They were not armed and a single cop was able to contain hundreds of invaders and prevent them from getting to Pence. In a real coup the cop is shot instantly. However, it6 is possible that within the low IQ minds of then invaders they thought they had a chance. Most criminals are not that smart.

Chance of success has nothing to do with it. Ignorance isn't a good excuse.
    Ignorance of the law is not an excuse.

All I see here is a society with a bunch of degenerates that cling to their whiteness as the only positive attribute in their lives. And to make matters worse they have now adopted the concept of victimhood which generally leads to empowerment and unity. The whole thing bores me to death. This is not the America I respect.

Sure, that was the intention, but the idea that they could have success does not exist in this universe. I do not see America as a banana republic that can be taken over by a bunch of mentally mentally challenged people. If this was a coup, it was the worst coup in world history. They were not armed and a single cop was able to contain hundreds of invaders and prevent them from getting to Pence. In a real coup the cop is shot instantly. However, it6 is possible that within the low IQ minds of then invaders they thought they had a chance. Most criminals are not that smart.

Why don't you believe what your mentor Bill Maher is saying they're trying to do right now? Jan 6th, was just the first attempt. If people keep being ignorant about their intentions and ability to succeed, they will do so in 2024 and be successful.

Nope.
    Why don't you believe what your mentor Bill Maher is saying they're trying to do right now? Jan 6th, was just the first attempt. If people keep being ignorant about their intentions and ability to succeed, they will do so in 2024 and be successful.
    Yep. They know they have a political backing that they didn't fully possess at that time but do now in the aftermath of the GOP's post 1/6 capitulation to Trump.

Next time they come they won't be stopping.

Nope.

Yep. They know they have a political backing that they didn't fully possess at that time but do now in the aftermath of the GOP's post 1/6 capitulation to Trump.

Next time they come they won't be stopping.
    It is hard to believe anyone would backup the Shaman and a bunch of other crazies taking selfies. I hope you are wrong!

I know people who drove overnight with weapons and body armor to be there and
    who went there with the stated intention of preventing Biden from taking office.

When push came to shove there they ultimately either somewhat came to their senses or cowered as allegedly they weren't walking around the Capitol area with the guns, but they did end up breaching the Capitol but not going inside, apparently.. but I know they left FL that night before with the intention of helping do what they had to do to keep Biden out of the White House. I'm sure there are others that didn't come to their senses or cower in the same way.

It is hard to believe anyone would backup the Shaman and a bunch of other crazies taking selfies. I hope you are wrong!
    That's what they are doing when they recast January 6th as some non-violent and proper protest of the 2020 election and it's what they're doing with the martyrdom of Trump freedom fighter Ashlii Babbitt.

That's what they are doing when they recast January 6th as some non-violent and proper protest of the 2020 election and it's what they're doing with the martyrdom of Trump freedom fighter Ashlii Babbitt.
    If the fringe takes over we are doomed. My prediction Of tribalism is happening.

Executive Privilege ends when you're no longer the executive. The executive has already agreed to release it all. All Trump knows how to do is sue. And lose.

I think he's just hoping to delay with endless appeals until after the midterms and if the GOP retakes the house the commission is disbanded

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom