Trump loyalists in Congress to challenge Electoral College results in Jan. 6 joint session (Update: Insurrectionists storm Congress)(And now what?) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

superchuck500

U.S. Blues
    Reaction score
    I guess it's time to start a thread for this. We know that at least 140 members of Congress have pledged to join the objection. Under federal law, if at least one member of each house (HOR and Senate) objects, each house will adjourn the joint session for their own session (limited at two hours) to take up the objection. If both houses pass a resolution objecting to the EC result, further action can take place. If both houses do not (i.e. if one or neither passes a resolution), the objection is powerless and the college result is certified.

Clearly this is political theater as we know such a resolution will not pass the House, and there's good reason to think it wouldn't pass the Senate either (with or without the two senators from Georgia). The January 6 joint session is traditionally a ceremonial one. This one will not be.

Many traditional pillars of Republican support have condemned the plan as futile and damaging. Certainly the Trump loyalists don't care - and many are likely doing it for fundraising purposes or to carry weight with the fraction of their constituencies that think this is a good idea.

Did you even notice the obvious cut in the video? We don’t get any context from this video. How do we know she is who they say she is?

Besides all that, do you think a grass roots organization like BLM should be held to account over the words of one person? Especially if they are selectivity editing for maximum outrage.

Daily Caller is a radical right source known to have failed numerous fact checks. I wouldn’t trust anything they say without double checking.

Daily Caller is a verbal “bomb thrower”. They aren’t a news organization, they’re a propaganda outlet. I’m pretty surprised a moderate such as yourself is posting their stuff.

Justifying looting is never a good idea e.ven if the Trumpers dropped an atomic bomb in the capitol
    Yes, but bringing up looting in a thread about Trumpers dropping an atomic bomb on the capital, wouldn't be an attempt to justify looting, it would be an attempt to justify dropping an atomic bomb on the capital.

Yes, but bringing up looting in a thread about Trumpers dropping an atomic bomb on the capital, wouldn't be an attempt to justify looting, it would be an attempt to justify dropping an atomic bomb on the capital.
    NOPE
    That is your own interpretation.
    The capitol attackers are lower than whaleshyte in the bottom of the ocean.

NOPE
    That is your own interpretation.
    The capitol attackers are lower than whaleshyte in the bottom of the ocean.
    There is no reason that BLM should be mentioned in this thread.

Any reference to BLM is an attempt to rationalize the Jan 6 attack. I don't really give a fork about how you try to say it isn't. None of us believe that you actually believe the things you post.

We’ll see if he complies or ignores it like Bannon did
    ===========

The House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol is expected to subpoena John Eastman, the pro-Trump legal scholar who outlined scenarios for denying Joe Biden the presidency, according to the panel’s chairman.

“It will happen,” Chair Bennie G. Thompson (D-Miss.) said in an interview Tuesday of a subpoena for Eastman, who played a key role in the legal operation that was run out of a “command center” at the Willard Hotel in Washington in the days and hours leading up to Jan. 6. Thompson did not provide a timeline for when the subpoena will be issued…….

We’ll see if he complies or ignores it like Bannon did
    ===========

The House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol is expected to subpoena John Eastman, the pro-Trump legal scholar who outlined scenarios for denying Joe Biden the presidency, according to the panel’s chairman.

“It will happen,” Chair Bennie G. Thompson (D-Miss.) said in an interview Tuesday of a subpoena for Eastman, who played a key role in the legal operation that was run out of a “command center” at the Willard Hotel in Washington in the days and hours leading up to Jan. 6. Thompson did not provide a timeline for when the subpoena will be issued…….

That's good. What I want to see is Steve Bannon go to jail.

What I want to see even more is Speaker Pelosi hold a vote in the House to remove the 7 Republican traitors from Congress who helped plan the Jan 6 insurrection. This is no time for weakness. History is going to judge Pelosi very harshly if she doesn't do everything she can to protect our democracy. Because it could all be over in November 2022.

What I want Is Trump forced to testify Benghazi style

I would love to see that as well, but it's highly unlikely.

I'm not getting a good vibe from AG Merrick Garland. I get that he wants the Justice Department to stay above the political fray, but that is simply impossible right now. At some point, protecting democracy has to be more important than impartiality. These Republican traitors must be taught a lesson.

Trump should already be facing federal charges for the Eastman memo, if nothing else. That was an obvious conspiracy to overturn the 2020 election. And I hope Bannon doesn't get away with his current bullshirt, either.

Lol, the WSJ editorial they published today, for some crazy reason. Why they would publish the ravings of a mad man is beyond me.

There really weren’t any BLM looters, don’t let the radical right frame it in that way.

There were looters but absolutely no proof that they were associated with BLM chapters.

In my town, the BLM protest was totally peaceful for hours and hours. As it disbanded in the evening another group of people came in and caused the vandalism. This info is from a member of local law enforcement who was present and saw it. You could literally see the people who had been there all afternoon walking back to their cars at the same time the other group was walking into where the protest had been.

I would imagine that was commonly how it went most places.
    Democratic talking point

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom