Trump loyalists in Congress to challenge Electoral College results in Jan. 6 joint session (Update: Insurrectionists storm Congress)(And now what?) (3 Viewers)

DaveXA

Reaction score
Interesting. First guilty verdict and sentenced to 8 months in prison. Keep in mind this individual wasn't charged with damaging property or assaulting anyone. He also apologized and said he regretted participating in the event.

The defiant ones who did more will probably see years of jail time, I think.

JRad

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
Interesting. First guilty verdict and sentenced to 8 months in prison. Keep in mind this individual wasn't charged with damaging property or assaulting anyone. He also apologized and said he regretted participating in the event.

Of course it’s Florida Man

SFIDC3

Reaction score

Don’t care what he didn’t do, I want everyone who was in that building illegally to serve years in prison. A message needs to be sent, this is major weak sauce….

Saintamaniac

Rise Sons of the Gold & Purple
Reaction score
Any jail time is better than no jail time. Now either he will be seen as a coward for apologizing and regretting his participation or he'll be seen as a model for how to avoid a longer sentence. Trumpers are hard to read because they are rabid snowflakes. They back the blue unless the blue goes against them. They love the constitution until they ignore it. Just have to see how it plays out. He might be a super patriot now for being a coward and trying to overthrow the government.

barbar

Reaction score
Don’t care what he didn’t do, I want everyone who was in that building illegally to serve years in prison. A message needs to be sent, this is major weak sauce….

I would venture a guess that most of these people would find 8 months in prison worth it if they had succeeded.

MT15

Reaction score
Maybe, but will they find it worth it seeing that they didn’t succeed? Losing jobs, maybe homes? Losing the respect of neighbors and acquaintances who possibly had no idea they were this stupid?

barbar

Reaction score
Maybe, but will they find it worth it seeing that they didn’t succeed? Losing jobs, maybe homes? Losing the respect of neighbors and acquaintances who possibly had no idea they were this stupid?

Some will. They think they were right and would do it again. Others will be regretful.

DaveXA

Reaction score
Some will. They think they were right and would do it again. Others will be regretful.
Yeah, clearly there will be groups of both. I know 2 guys who went. Neither actually went in. One said he's glad he didn't go into the Capitol. The other says he wish he did. So I'm guessing it's a mixed bag.

zztop

Reaction score

I'm going to quote you but this is for everyone. I'm a little confused by the variance in sentencing because this post ^ says he got 8 months
However, I was reading this

and there the judge said the maximum he could sentence was 6 months

The rioter, Michael Curzio, was sentenced to six months in jail but will be released Wednesday because he has been in jail since mid-January and will receive credit for time already served.

"Mr. Curzio should be sentenced to the six-month statutory maximum," federal Judge Carl Nichols said at a hearing. "I am not in a position to be able to impose a longer sentence than that. I think that six-month sentence is appropriate here. Mr. Curzio will have, in two days, served that entire sentence."

MT15

Reaction score
I'm going to quote you but this is for everyone. I'm a little confused by the variance in sentencing because this post ^ says he got 8 months
However, I was reading this

and there the judge said the maximum he could sentence was 6 months

The rioter, Michael Curzio, was sentenced to six months in jail but will be released Wednesday because he has been in jail since mid-January and will receive credit for time already served.

"Mr. Curzio should be sentenced to the six-month statutory maximum," federal Judge Carl Nichols said at a hearing. "I am not in a position to be able to impose a longer sentence than that. I think that six-month sentence is appropriate here. Mr. Curzio will have, in two days, served that entire sentence."
Two different rioters, Curzio and Hodgkins.

zztop

Reaction score
Two different rioters, Curzio and Hodgkins.
I get that lol, but my question was - why did one get 8 months, the other get 6 months, and the judge that gave the 6 month said that was the maximum? If so, how did the other person get 8 then? :unsure:

MT15

Reaction score
I believe one was charged with a misdemeanor and the other was charged with a felony. 🤷🏼‍♀️

zztop

Reaction score
so...violating election code in an attempt to find election violations. Bold strategy

Pennsylvania's acting Secretary of State Veronica Degraffenreid announced Wednesday she decertified Fulton County voting equipment for future elections after officials allowed a private company to examine the machines during an audit of the 2020 election, violating the state's election code.

Dragon

Reaction score
so...violating election code in an attempt to find election violations. Bold strategy

Pennsylvania's acting Secretary of State Veronica Degraffenreid announced Wednesday she decertified Fulton County voting equipment for future elections after officials allowed a private company to examine the machines during an audit of the 2020 election, violating the state's election code.

How many of those audits are in fact the means to be able to examine the voting machines and discover potential flaws which can then be exploited during the next election ?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Top Bottom