Trump loyalists in Congress to challenge Electoral College results in Jan. 6 joint session (Update: Insurrectionists storm Congress)(And now what?) (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

superchuck500

U.S. Blues
Reaction score
I guess it's time to start a thread for this. We know that at least 140 members of Congress have pledged to join the objection. Under federal law, if at least one member of each house (HOR and Senate) objects, each house will adjourn the joint session for their own session (limited at two hours) to take up the objection. If both houses pass a resolution objecting to the EC result, further action can take place. If both houses do not (i.e. if one or neither passes a resolution), the objection is powerless and the college result is certified.

Clearly this is political theater as we know such a resolution will not pass the House, and there's good reason to think it wouldn't pass the Senate either (with or without the two senators from Georgia). The January 6 joint session is traditionally a ceremonial one. This one will not be.

Many traditional pillars of Republican support have condemned the plan as futile and damaging. Certainly the Trump loyalists don't care - and many are likely doing it for fundraising purposes or to carry weight with the fraction of their constituencies that think this is a good idea.

With you so far.

And you lost it.

The trend to the extreme right happened because a black guy was elected president and those latent racists couldn’t stand the thought of it. The TEA party, which was the precursor to our current Capitol stormtroopers, was created like 5 minutes after Obama was elected. There was no time for any blame whitey feelings. It was a white response to the election of a black president.
Would they have the same reaction if the black POTUS is Republican?
Racism is more than just skin color. Racism also has to do with different cultural values.
If blacks and whites had a single unifying culture there would be less racism.

1994.png

2017.png

The centrists (that would be me) are dwindling. The right and the left are farther apart. I think in the end it all boils down to tribalism, low intelligence, and personality.

I guess we’d have to have a Republican president to know. Wonder how many centuries we’ll be waiting for that.

You are not a centrist.
Whenever I take a political test I come out a centrist. I do have several conservative views, but I favor National Health Care, Free state tuition, and I am pro choice and pro LGBTQIA+. Economically I am capitalist. I despise race ID politics. I am an agnostic with regard to God or gods. That is it!

Last edited:
Well, what do you know, no widespread voter fraud. Evidently 4 cases were actually prosecuted, and they broke evenly, 2 were votes for Biden and 2 were votes for Trump.

The Rs are just making up voter fraud as an excuse to keep people likely to vote for anyone other than Rs from voting.

It truly is amazing how quickly the narrative on Jan 6th has changed
===================

WASHINGTON (AP) — A cocktail of propaganda, conspiracy theory and disinformation — of the kind intoxicating to the masses in the darkest turns of history — is fueling delusion over the agonies of Jan. 6.

Hate is “love.” Violence is “peace.” The pro-Donald Trump attackers are patriots.

Months after the then-president’s supporters stormed the Capitol that winter day, Trump and his acolytes are taking this revisionism to a new and dangerous place — one of martyrs and warlike heroes, and of revenge. It’s a place where cries of “blue lives matter” have transformed into shouts of “f--- the blue.”

The fact inversion about the siege is the latest in Trump’s contorted oeuvre of the “big lie” compendium, the most specious of which is that the election was stolen from him, when it was not.

It is rooted in the formula of potent propaganda through the ages: Say it loud, say it often, say it with the heft of political power behind you, and people will believe. Once spread by pamphlets, posters and word of mouth, now spread by swipe of finger, the result is the same: a passionate, unquestioning following…….

Trump and many Republicans have cycled through various characterizations of the insurrection, each iteration wholly unlike the previous one. The attackers were said to be leftist antifa followers in disguise. Then they were said to be overexcited tourists. Now they are heralded as foot soldiers for freedom.

Each iteration has required Americans to ignore the rage they saw on their screens, and some lawmakers to ignore that they were among the shocked targets of the attackers that day. The hunted now praise the hunters.

Taken together, the revisionists and their believers are “swimming in a vast sea of nonsense,” said Brendan Buck, a former top aide to onetime House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wis.

That sea’s currents are familiar to historians who study what makes some conspiracy theories and propaganda persuasive.

Once people buy into the lies, there can be no convincing them they aren’t true, said Dolores Albarracin, a psychology professor at the University of Pennsylvania and co-author of a coming book, “Creating Conspiracy Beliefs: How Our Thoughts are Shaped.”

Despite the well-documented facts about what happened on Jan. 6, believers often dismiss anyone who tries to set them straight by claiming they are either duped or part of the conspiracy, Albarracin said……….

Well, what do you know, no widespread voter fraud. Evidently 4 cases were actually prosecuted, and they broke evenly, 2 were votes for Biden and 2 were votes for Trump.

The Rs are just making up voter fraud as an excuse to keep people likely to vote for anyone other than Rs from voting.

on top of that waste of time, energy and resources they also have to get new voting machines (via tax payers)

The GOP-controlled Maricopa County Board of Supervisors said the machines were compromised because they were in the control of firms not accredited to handle election equipment. Secretary of State Katie Hobbs, a Democrat, had said she would seek to decertify the machines if the county planned to use them again.

(who would have thought this would happen after they let "cyber ninjas" handle them? oh wait..)

The Senate hired Cyber Ninjas, a small cybersecurity consulting firm led by a Trump supporter who has spread conspiracy theories backing Trump’s false claims of fraud, to recount all 2.1 million ballots and forensically review voting machines, servers and other data. The firm had no prior experience in elections, and experts in election administration say it’s not following reliable procedures.

on top of that waste of time, energy and resources they also have to get new voting machines (via tax payers)

The GOP-controlled Maricopa County Board of Supervisors said the machines were compromised because they were in the control of firms not accredited to handle election equipment. Secretary of State Katie Hobbs, a Democrat, had said she would seek to decertify the machines if the county planned to use them again.

(who would have thought this would happen after they let "cyber ninjas" handle them? oh wait..)

The Senate hired Cyber Ninjas, a small cybersecurity consulting firm led by a Trump supporter who has spread conspiracy theories backing Trump’s false claims of fraud, to recount all 2.1 million ballots and forensically review voting machines, servers and other data. The firm had no prior experience in elections, and experts in election administration say it’s not following reliable procedures.

Yeah? But over the last week, they have demonstrated just how good they are. They identified 74,243 mail in ballots that were submitted, but that had no record of ever being mailed out. They did this by comparing the EV32 Early Voter List (which shows the voters who requested mail in ballots) to the EV33 Early Voter List (which shows how many people voted early). The EV33 list had the aforementioned 74,243 more listings than the number of mail in ballots. This is clear evidence that someone added more than 74,000 fraudulent mail in ballots.

The Secretary of State's office claims that the EV33 list is actually a list of everyone who voted early, and includes both people who voted by mail AND people who voted early in person. They CLAIM that if you removed all of the mail in ballots that were returned from that list, and only count the people who voted early in person, you end up with 74,241 people who voted in person early.

I'm sure that's all a big cover up, and it's just a coincidence that the number of people who voted in person early is almost exactly the number of alleged mail in ballots that were never mailed out.

TBO I would not even buy the same type of machines again. Not only have the specific machines been compromised, but whoever examined those have had plenty of time to discover if they have any vulnerabilities which could be exploited.

Yeah? But over the last week, they have demonstrated just how good they are. They identified 74,243 mail in ballots that were submitted, but that had no record of ever being mailed out.

you talking a about this?

That’s not accurate, according to Maricopa County officials, who tweeted on Friday that “the EV32 Returns & EV33 files are not the proper files to refer to for a complete accumulating of all early ballots sent and received.”

you talking a about this?

That’s not accurate, according to Maricopa County officials, who tweeted on Friday that “the EV32 Returns & EV33 files are not the proper files to refer to for a complete accumulating of all early ballots sent and received.”

I'm not sure how you didn't grasp what I said. I pointed out that using those two lists show that the number that CyberNinjas claims are "mail in ballots that were returned by had no record of ever being mailed out" is almost exactly the same as the number of people who voted in person early, and that CyberNinjas likely misinterpreted that data into something that is isn't. I did it in a sarcastic manner, but I thought it was fairly clear.

TBO I would not even buy the same type of machines again. Not only have the specific machines been compromised, but whoever examined those have had plenty of time to discover if they have any vulnerabilities which could be exploited.

That's a scary enough thought, when you realize how many jurisdictions across the country use Dominion machines.

[
I did it in a sarcastic manner, but I thought it was fairly clear.

it wasn't, because I had no idea what you were referring to. But was easy enough to find some information on since that number was very specific (it also didn't help that I didn't know what ev32 or ev33 was about)

Last edited:
Hell no to that shirte gibbon gym jordan to be allowed to be on the Jan 6th commission since he basically loved that it happened...

I’m actually ok with it. Jordan/MTG/etc are gonna kvetch about the outcome no matter what happens, so go ahead and attach their names to it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
Top Bottom