Trump loyalists in Congress to challenge Electoral College results in Jan. 6 joint session (Update: Insurrectionists storm Congress)(And now what?) (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

superchuck500

U.S. Blues
Reaction score
I guess it's time to start a thread for this. We know that at least 140 members of Congress have pledged to join the objection. Under federal law, if at least one member of each house (HOR and Senate) objects, each house will adjourn the joint session for their own session (limited at two hours) to take up the objection. If both houses pass a resolution objecting to the EC result, further action can take place. If both houses do not (i.e. if one or neither passes a resolution), the objection is powerless and the college result is certified.

Clearly this is political theater as we know such a resolution will not pass the House, and there's good reason to think it wouldn't pass the Senate either (with or without the two senators from Georgia). The January 6 joint session is traditionally a ceremonial one. This one will not be.

Many traditional pillars of Republican support have condemned the plan as futile and damaging. Certainly the Trump loyalists don't care - and many are likely doing it for fundraising purposes or to carry weight with the fraction of their constituencies that think this is a good idea.

How many of those audits are in fact the means to be able to examine the voting machines and discover potential flaws which can then be exploited during the next election ?

I really don't want to go down that path of thinking. But at this point, with everything else that went on in the past 4+ years, it would not surprise me. I'm not sure anything would anymore.

Just saw this op-ed. The quote in the tweet is spot on.

I am very afraid that democracy as we know it in America is over. This is a pure evil that needs to be pulled out by the root and supplanted. These men and women who are pushing this big lie nonsense all need to be removed from office and prosecuted. And somehow have to be able to hold liars accountable. I have no idea how that is possible because it's perfectly legal to lie ALL the time.

I am very afraid that democracy as we know it in America is over. This is a pure evil that needs to be pulled out by the root and supplanted. These men and women who are pushing this big lie nonsense all need to be removed from office and prosecuted. And somehow have to be able to hold liars accountable. I have no idea how that is possible because it's perfectly legal to lie ALL the time.
The end of race ID politics is division, polarization, tribalism, violence, and civil war.

The end of race ID politics is division, polarization, tribalism, violence, and civil war.
I can't understand how that comment is related to my post, but OK.

What do you think is the solution to these politicians and pundits who constantly lie?? This really not a partisan issue. They will say anything to win in any situation. That is, IMO, a very dangerous idea. The people pushing the big lie know they are doing it. They know the truth and choose to lie to stoke the fires that keep their constituents enraged. It has to stop and I am not sure now to accomplish it.

What do you think is the solution to these politicians and pundits who constantly lie?? This really not a partisan issue. They will say anything to win in any situation. That is, IMO, a very dangerous idea. The people pushing the big lie know they are doing it. They know the truth and choose to lie to stoke the fires that keep their constituents enraged. It has to stop and I am not sure now to accomplish it.

For the left to stop talking about racism, calling it out or getting offended by it. If that happens, tribalism will end and we'll be a happy united nation singing kumbaya.

For the left to stop talking about racism, calling it out or getting offended by it. If that happens, tribalism will end and we'll be a happy united nation singing kumbaya.

So politicians will quit lying if the left stops talking about racism???

That seems wierd since those 2 things aren't related at all. What about politicians in the left who lie?? Will they also stop lying if they themselves stop talking about racism??

That is a very strange idea.

So politicians will quit lying if the left stops talking about racism???

That seems wierd since those 2 things aren't related at all. What about politicians in the left who lie?? Will they also stop lying if they themselves stop talking about racism??

That is a very strange idea.
Oh, you haven't been around to witness the factory of ridiculousness that is the posting history of @Paul. Just go back about 10 or so pages and you'll be brought up to speed.

You are affirming the tribalism on both sides. We evolved in tribes so this is not surprising. This tendency to tribalism is in our DNA and requires a good frontal love to control it.
Agree. Maybe if Republicans were getting more “frontal love”, they would chill out. 😉

Both sides lie and twist the truth. There is very little honesty. I will say the Trumpers are the worse in the lot, but as Michelle Obama said: "When they go low you go hi." Both sides need to move to the center and embrace symbols of national unity.

The USA remains strong and this is the most prosperous time in world history. Embrace the positives and move forward to a prosperous future.

Both sides lie and twist the truth. There is very little honesty. I will say the Trumpers are the worse in the lot, but as Michelle Obama said: "When they go low you go hi." Both sides need to move to the center and embrace symbols of national unity.

The USA remains strong and this is the most prosperous time in world history. Embrace the positives and move forward to a prosperous future.

I don't disagree with that...I just cannot picture it happening without some kind of major overhaul of the way our government works and some kind of accountability system for what they say. I know politicians are known for lying but this new breed of lie is something else. Twisting the truth is the norm....this is just making stuff up in order to keep the tribes fired up is another thing.

Both sides do it sure....but one side does it 80 percent of the time while the other only 20.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
Top Bottom