Trump Election Interference / Falsification of Business Records Criminal Trial (Trump guilty on all 34 Counts) (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

What will happen now that former President Donald Trump was found guilty (in 34 counts) by the jury?
    Speculation on the judge relating to sentencing?
    Appeals?
    Political Damage?

It's not like Biden's Whitehouse was coordinating with Fani Willis office...oh wait they were. Just another innocent coincidence.
    You should be embarrassed. 🤦‍♀️.

Have you ever applied for a job, and NOT listed your immediate supervisor as a reference?

How can this completely mundane act be considered proof of some shadowy conspiracy?

I’m embarrassed for you.

Donald Trump is seeking to overturn the $454m New York civil fraud ruling that threatens his financial health as he makes his third bid for the White House.

In February, Justice Arthur Engoron hit the former president, his sons Eric and Donald Trump Jr, and top executives at the Trump Organization with the multi-million-dollar judgment after finding that they lied to banks and insurers by inflating his net worth in order to secure more favorable loans.

On Monday, Trump’s legal team appealed the judgment, slamming it as “egregious”, “erroneous” and “draconian” and claiming that it handed New York Attorney General Letitia James “limitless power”.

In the 95-page filing, filed with the Appellate Division of the state’s trial courts, his attorneys claimed that the judgement “violates centuries of New York case law”.

His lawyers also argued that James, who brought the civil lawsuit against Trump in September 2022, was attempting to facilitate an “unauthorized, unprecedented power grab” and that failing to dismiss the judgement would bestow the attorney general “limitless power to target anyone she desires, including her self-described political opponents”.

In a statement, Trump’s attorney Christopher Kise said the appeal “seeks reversal of the trial court’s legally bereft decisions”.

James’ office responded to the appeal in a statement to The Associated Press: “We won this case based on the facts and the law, and we are confident we will prevail on appeal.”

Engoron presided over the civil fraud trial and ruled on February 16 that Trump must pay $355m in penalties after he had “blatantly false financial data” to secure favorable business terms.............

Donald Trump is seeking to overturn the $454m New York civil fraud ruling that threatens his financial health as he makes his third bid for the White House.

In February, Justice Arthur Engoron hit the former president, his sons Eric and Donald Trump Jr, and top executives at the Trump Organization with the multi-million-dollar judgment after finding that they lied to banks and insurers by inflating his net worth in order to secure more favorable loans.

On Monday, Trump’s legal team appealed the judgment, slamming it as “egregious”, “erroneous” and “draconian” and claiming that it handed New York Attorney General Letitia James “limitless power”.

In the 95-page filing, filed with the Appellate Division of the state’s trial courts, his attorneys claimed that the judgement “violates centuries of New York case law”.

His lawyers also argued that James, who brought the civil lawsuit against Trump in September 2022, was attempting to facilitate an “unauthorized, unprecedented power grab” and that failing to dismiss the judgement would bestow the attorney general “limitless power to target anyone she desires, including her self-described political opponents”.

In a statement, Trump’s attorney Christopher Kise said the appeal “seeks reversal of the trial court’s legally bereft decisions”.

James’ office responded to the appeal in a statement to The Associated Press: “We won this case based on the facts and the law, and we are confident we will prevail on appeal.”

Engoron presided over the civil fraud trial and ruled on February 16 that Trump must pay $355m in penalties after he had “blatantly false financial data” to secure favorable business terms.............

Claiming the AD has limitless power is peak hypocrisy.

He is just trying to stall on this in hopes if he wins the election, they can’t enforce it.

Wasn’t there tax revenue lost over the years? That is likely how it was calculated.
    And the banks who issued the loans lost interest income because of the falsifications.

If I know only one thing in life, it's never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ... and I do mean never...ask @Sendai for legal advice.

And the banks who issued the loans lost interest income because of the falsifications.

If I know only one thing in life, it's never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ... and I do mean never...ask @Sendai for legal advice.
    No lender in court identified lost income from the loans.

State income tax, not property tax. You're so incredibly and transparently dishonest.
    I’m pretty sure it’s property tax. I don’t think property valuation is subject to state income tax.

There are no injured parties.
    Simply what they want to be true. Chuck explained it in detail earlier when the trial was happening. The banks lost millions of dollars in interest because they gave more favorable rates than Trump was entitled to have. Insurance companies lost revenues for a similar reason.

It doesn’t matter if they said so in court or not - it’s objectively true.

Plus the state has a vested interest in keeping businesses from egregiously falsifying their financial statements to maintain a safe and valid business environment.

The. Fraud statute also has potential issues. It may be deficient.

The fundamentals of fraud law require a party or parties injured or financially damaged and a specific intent to injure or financially damage.

I’m pretty sure it’s property tax. I don’t think property valuation is subject to state income tax.
    So you don't understand the role property values play in income taxes either. Good to know.

I'm glad that this case is safely in the hands of judges who understand the actual laws, instead of it being in Trump's and your hands.

Last edited:
    The. Fraud statute also has potential issues. It may be deficient.

The fundamentals of fraud law require a party or parties injured or financially damaged and a specific intent to injure or financially damage.
    It’s really sad that otherwise reasonable and presumably honest people will go to bat for a crook like this. He’s a thief.

Simply what they want to be true. Chuck explained it in detail earlier when the trial was happening. The banks lost millions of dollars in interest because they gave more favorable rates than Trump was entitled to have. Insurance companies lost revenues for a similar reason.

It doesn’t matter if they said so in court or not - it’s objectively true.

Plus the state has a vested interest in keeping businesses from egregiously falsifying their financial statements to maintain a safe and valid business environment.
    No one from the banks specified the financial damages. I’d say the appeals courts will give that strong consideration.

Judges like Engeron and Merchan and state and federal legislators are why appeals courts are such a gang busters business.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom