Trump Election Interference / Falsification of Business Records Criminal Trial (Trump guilty on all 34 Counts) (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

What will happen now that former President Donald Trump was found guilty (in 34 counts) by the jury?
    Speculation on the judge relating to sentencing?
    Appeals?
    Political Damage?

What is this about Venezuela? I missed it.
    He's made two references during interviews, once with Musk and another time with some Fox interviewers where he mentioned meeting with them in Venezuela if he loses the election. He talked about how safe and great it is there.

"If something happens with this election, which would be a horror show, we'll meet the next time in Venezuela, because it'll be a far safer place to meet than our country," Trump said to Musk. "OK, so we'll go. You and I will go, and we'll have a meeting and dinner in Venezuela."

Trump had alleged that Venezuela has released violent criminals from its jails and sent them to the United States to reduce its own crime rate.

"Their crime rate is coming down and our crime rate is going through the roof. And it's so simple. And you haven't seen anything yet because these people have come into our country and they're just getting acclimated and they don't know about being politically correct, law enforcement or lack of law enforcement and our police. I have to just end with this. We have great police," he said.

Honestly, I am okay with this. He’s sort of in a weird position with this case. A normal person with these convictions wouldn’t necessarily get prison time for a first time offender. However, he behaved so badly, threatening the judge and witnesses, that he deserves some time behind bars. It would be actually impossible for the judge to impose any prison time before the election, it just would.

So once Harris wins, the judge can throw the book at him. And he cannot whine about his sentence and use it to drum up sympathy before the election.

Weissmann with another POV:

Definitely, I think this is a smart move by the judge. It's not without risk as it's vulnerable to a Trump election outcome. I'm not sure him being sentenced before the election is gonna change any votes tho. He's either getting elected or not. If he loses, he's absolutely going to be held accountable. If he goes through with the sentencing now, that allows SCOTUS to get their hands on it before the election, and that will be fraught with complications.

I'm OK with where it's at now. Realistically, I don't think there was any real chance of Trump getting imprisoned before the election. Now that the sentencing is after the election, if the USA elects Harris, we're in good shape. If Trump gets gets elected, we're forked anyway.

If he loses this election, there will be an avalanche of crap that hits him. I don’t think he was kidding about Venzuela when talking to Musk.
    Trump definitely has a literal exit strategy in case he loses the election. Trump being Trump, he will Trump it up somehow.

Definitely, I think this is a smart move by the judge. It's not without risk as it's vulnerable to a Trump election outcome. I'm not sure him being sentenced before the election is gonna change any votes tho. He's either getting elected or not. If he loses, he's absolutely going to be held accountable. If he goes through with the sentencing now, that allows SCOTUS to get their hands on it before the election, and that will be fraught with complications.

I'm OK with where it's at now. Realistically, I don't think there was any real chance of Trump getting imprisoned before the election. Now that the sentencing is after the election, if the USA elects Harris, we're in good shape. If Trump gets gets elected, we're forked anyway.
    Good points.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom