Trump Election Interference / Falsification of Business Records Criminal Trial (Trump guilty on all 34 Counts) (5 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

What will happen now that former President Donald Trump was found guilty (in 34 counts) by the jury?
    Speculation on the judge relating to sentencing?
    Appeals?
    Political Damage?

OMG. I will never understand why people feel the need to troll on the internet. Especially about something so important as this trial. You just know if your post comes to light that the Trump universe is going to just run with it. EVERYTHING IS RIGGED EVERYTHING IS RIGGED!!!!!

OMG. I will never understand why people feel the need to troll on the internet. Especially about something so important as this trial. You just know if your post comes to light that the Trump universe is going to just run with it. EVERYTHING IS RIGGED EVERYTHING IS RIGGED!!!!!
    I mean, that's the point. It's why people do sheet like that. That is, until they find out it wasn't a good idea.

Prime beat me to it tho, lol. On point.

Donald Trump is determined to avoid jail, but if he does get handed a prison sentence after his conviction on 34 felony counts in New York last week, the former president’s inner circle is certain he will lay the blame squarely at the judge’s feet, sources familiar with the matter said.

The precise way Trump might blame the judge, Juan Merchan, remains unclear because Trump has been avoidant of the issue and the matter was not resolved when he huddled with his top advisers at a Trump Tower meeting immediately after the verdict on Thursday, the sources said.

But Trump is likely to double down on his attacks against Merchan, directing his supporters at rallies and in Truth Social posts to take up their grievances with the judge, one of the sources added.

The consequences of Trump’s likely rhetoric are difficult to predict. Trump has been railing against Merchan for months as being unfair and in conspiracy cahoots with the Biden administration to prevent him from campaigning – and nothing concrete has happened.

Still, Trump’s supporters have a history of making threats against judges Trump has assailed, including death threats to Tanya Chutkan, the US district judge who is presiding in his federal 2020 election interference case, and to the chambers of the New York judge who oversaw his civil fraud trial.

Trump believes – correctly – that the ultimate decision with sentencing rests with Merchan, who has wide discretion to sentence him to fines or probation on the low end, to a carceral sentence on the high end, regardless of what prosecutors might request.……

Stop me if you’ve heard this before: Donald Trump is unhappy about the outcome of a proceeding. So despite a complete lack of evidence, he spends months claiming a concerted conspiracy against him, masterminded by his nefarious political opponents.

He says this many dozens of times, despite firm denials from key figures and even some Trump allies. And by the end of it, 4 in 10 Americans come to believe in the vast left-wing conspiracy.

It happened with the idea that the 2020 election was stolen. It’s now apparently happened with the idea that President Biden was behind Trump’s recent conviction in Manhattan.

A new CBS News/YouGov poll gets at a question I’ve been hoping someone would ask for a while. It gauged just how many Americans buy into the still-baseless idea that Biden had something to do with the successful charges against Trump in Manhattan.

Turns out, it’s 43 percent — and 80 percent of Republicans. Those are the percentages who agree that the charges were brought because of “directions that came from the Biden administration,” rather than merely by “prosecutors in New York.”

A clear majority of Americans, 57 percent, don’t believe this. But the idea has taken hold in Trump’s base.

To be clear, there is no real reason to believe this. The theory largely rests on the fact that former top Justice Department official Matthew Colangelo joined the investigation in 2022.

But Colangelo had previously worked alongside Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg (D) in the New York attorney general’s office, where he had worked on Trump-related investigations before. It’s about as circumstantial and speculative as you can get.

Attorney General Merrick Garland last week firmly denied, under oath, that he had sent Colangelo to Manhattan. He denied any contact with Colangelo since he joined the D.A’s office.

Beyond that, this theory was also firmly rejected in recent weeks by no less than former Trump lawyer Joe Tacopina, who worked on Trump’s defense early in the Manhattan prosecution. He called the idea “silly” and “ridiculous.”

“Joe Biden or anyone from his Justice Department has absolutely zero to do with the Manhattan district attorney’s office,” Tacopina said in an MSNBC interview, adding: “We know that’s not the case, and even Trump’s lawyers know that’s not the case.”………

Okay good. Who else is up for the bet? If anyone else are confident about the charges being appropriate and constitutional, please take me up on the bet.

If the conditions are you stay gone even longer, yes.

I'll do this for an entire month if I lose:

Okay good. Who else is up for the bet? If anyone else are confident about the charges being appropriate and constitutional, please take me up on the bet.
    even if so you expect trumps quality lawyers to be able to argue that? I mean do you remember when he told the press trump was not allowed to testify?

To be sure, the bet is whether the court of appeals overturns the jury's decision. I'm betting they won't, I assume you're betting they will. Correct?
    No I'm not specifying who will overturn it, but I believe it will be overturned somewhere in the process.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom