Trump Election Interference / Falsification of Business Records Criminal Trial (Trump guilty on all 34 Counts) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

What will happen now that former President Donald Trump was found guilty (in 34 counts) by the jury?
    Speculation on the judge relating to sentencing?
    Appeals?
    Political Damage?

We have polls saying he's lost women, he's lost independents, he's even losing Republicans and yet somehow this is still a one-percentage-point race.

HOW? Come on, guys. You're subtracting five, four and three and winding up with same number you started with. What. The. Fork.
    Couple that with the abortion measures on the ballots, and Biden should be winning by a large margin. It makes me wonder whether pollsters are are overcorrecting.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Donald Trump has had plenty to say since his hush money trial conviction last week.

He’s claimed the case was rigged, incorrectly linked President Joe Biden to the state prosecution, called the star witness against him a “sleazebag” and said the judge was a “devil” and “highly conflicted.”

What he hasn’t done is utter any variation of the words that might benefit him most come sentencing time next month: “I’m sorry.”

It’s a truism of the criminal justice system that defendants hoping for lenient treatment at their sentencing are expected to take responsibility for their actions, even express remorse.

But that flies in the face of Trump’s longtime refusal to acknowledge any wrongdoing, a tone that he often strikes to portray strength and present himself as a fighter under ceaseless attack.

While the strategy may resonate with his most loyal political supporters, it failed during his New York criminal trial and could complicate his legal team’s efforts to avoid a tough sentence.

“The fact, I think, that he has no remorse – quite the opposite, he continues to deny his guilt – is going to hurt him at sentencing,” said Jeffrey Cohen, an associate professor at Boston College Law School and a former federal prosecutor in Massachusetts.

“It’s one of the things that the judge can really point to that everybody is aware of — that he just denies this — and can use that as a strong basis for his sentence.”…..

Couple that with the abortion measures on the ballots, and Biden should be winning by a large margin. It makes me wonder whether pollsters are are overcorrecting.
    I don’t wonder. The polls are either way off accidentally or they’re cooked, IMO. Some of both - some polls are on the up and up, but polling is broken. Some polls are tasked to show that Trump is winning. This will be harder to do as we get closer.

I am starting to wonder if trump chose to lose his cases so he could get more money? its such a cash cow for him Plus it makes him look like the underdog.

I am starting to wonder if trump chose to lose his cases so he could get more money? its such a cash cow for him Plus it makes him look like the underdog.
    Do you believe the figures they are releasing? I’m skeptical-they lie about everything. Crowd size, for example which is easily debunked. Nobody can check these figures for a while, and then it will be difficult to tell exactly when the money came in. I think they’re lying about the amount of donations.

Do you believe the figures they are releasing? I’m skeptical-they lie about everything. Crowd size, for example which is easily debunked. Nobody can check these figures for a while, and then it will be difficult to tell exactly when the money came in. I think they’re lying about the amount of donations.
    he got away with campaign finance violations before so I am sure his breaking them left and right. I would not believe anything from trump including the color of his clothes.

Rubio deserves this scorn, and more.

Former president turned convicted felon Donald Trump has suggested his supporters would resort to violence if he is jailed after being found guilty of 34 felonies in New York last week.

In an interview with Fox News on Sunday, Trump said that he would be “ok” if the judge overseeing his case, Justice Juan Merchan, orders him to a period of house arrest at his July 11 sentencing - just four days before he is set to accept the Republican party’s nomination to run against President Joe Biden in this year’s general election.

Trump also rebuked one of his attorneys for saying in a previous interview that Merchan should shy away from a custodial sentence because of his status as a former president.

“You don’t beg for anything,” Trump told Fox and Friends Weekend on Sunday.

The ex-president - whose supporters violently stormed the US Capitol in a failed attempt to prevent certification of his 2020 election loss to President Biden - then said that he was unsure the American public would “stand for” him being incarcerated, and hinted that such a development could have a similar outcome to his election loss.

“I think it would be tough for the public to take, you know, at a certain point, there’s a breaking point,” Trump said.…..

They may be lying, but that doesn't seem like it would help them, because if people think they have gotten enough money, they won't be inclined to send them money. The other extreme is also bad, because if a campaign isn't getting any money, unless you're very wealthy, you probably just lose hope that you can help. The middle ground would seem to be ideal. Perhaps the psychology is showing that you're not alone, because others also support him. I get donation requests on all portions of the spectrum. Sometimes they send me requests that suggest the world will end if I don't donate, and other times they tell me everything is going so great, but they want to hit some fundraising goal. Other times I get these crazy matching offers, and I wonder who this generous matcher is. I hate this money in politics nonsense. It is just constant attempts to manipulate our feelings, rather than deal with substantive matters.

Well, I would argue that of course they think it will help them to release these huge fund-raising numbers in the immediate aftermath of the conviction. They are trying desperately to normalize his being a convicted felon, and what better way to shore up their narrative than to claim they are receiving record donations?

It will be months before these figures can be checked by FEC filings, it will be a non-story by then.

Well, I would argue that of course they think it will help them to release these huge fund-raising numbers in the immediate aftermath of the conviction. They are trying desperately to normalize his being a convicted felon, and what better way to shore up their narrative than to claim they are receiving record donations?

It will be months before these figures can be checked by FEC filings, it will be a non-story by then.
    trump broke so many few rules last time and got away with it so you know ie going to do it much bigger this time.

Trump speaking to the RNC from a prison cell would be glorious. Lmao.
    Only way I see that happening is if he forces the judge's hand with doing something absolutely stupid (which is totally possible considering the man). Trump will be out on bail while he appeals everything.

Can i just say how nice its been without the 2 trolls roaming around? this board is so much more enjoyable..
    It is much easier to do the left wing circle jerk including reach arounds without the people who make your tummy hurt when you read something you don't like.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom