Trump Election Interference / Falsification of Business Records Criminal Trial (Trump guilty on all 34 Counts) (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

What will happen now that former President Donald Trump was found guilty (in 34 counts) by the jury?
    Speculation on the judge relating to sentencing?
    Appeals?
    Political Damage?

I just heard on CNN that they interviewed 10 people that had voted for Trump twice. The results were shocking in a good way. 6 of them said they plan to vote for Biden, 1 for Trump, and the other 3 were unsure. They quoted a few saying they had had enough. They talked about his lying. It is hard to believe they actually voted twice for Trump. I can only hope they are representative, because that would be extraordinary.
    It was on PBS, not CNN. Also it was 9, not 10. Here is an article about the focus group of people that had voted for Trump twice:

“…they were asked, if you had to pick between President Biden or Donald Trump, who would you pick come November? And roughly six of them said that they would vote for Joe Biden. One, Mark, who we heard from, said that he would vote for Trump.

And one to two of them were basically unsure or said that they may not vote.”

They did say that these were voters who had started to sour on Trump due to 6 JAN, so they may not be representative. I think PBS at least implied that these voters were still on the fence, but that wasn’t clear.

Last edited:
    CNN has JD Vance on right now with Wolf Blitzer.

That dude has his nose so far up Trump's arse, it impossible to know where Trump ends and JD begins. Just wow :loco:🤮
    And that azzhat is one of my senators. Fortunately, Sherrod Brown is the other.

I think Vance’s nose is so far up Trump’s azz he tell what Trump had for breakfast.

I wonder if the good Rep Johnson knows there's a common labor's tool named after him???

A long handled pry bar with wheels, we call them Johnson Bars. They're "Round Fulcrum Monster Pry Bars" according to Google.

The Monster Johnson - Pry Bar:

images

I bet he keeps a big jug of hooch hidden in his out-house.
    Hooch and Hunk magazines

NBC says Braggs’ supposed home address was posted online in pro-Trump websites along with the supposed identities and addresses of several jurors.

The FBI needs to catch and prosecute every one of those terrorists.

The FBI needs to catch and prosecute every one of those terrorists.
    And pre announce that if anything happens to any of the jurors those responsible will be prosecuted to the highest extent of the law

No plea deals, no probation, no leniency, doesn't matter if this is your first offense

It’s not yet clear whether it will cost him the election, but the guilty verdicts against Donald Trump in a New York hush-money trial may make it harder for him to own a gun, travel to Canada or be approved for a mortgage. It could also change how he is referred to in some newspapers.

Honorifics​

It’s unlikely to be at the forefront of the former president’s mind as he reflects on the verdict, but one immediate consequence is that Trump will probably lose the honorific title of “Mr” in the news pages of the UK’s Daily Telegraph.

The Telegraph’s style guide states: “Defendants in criminal court cases … are to be referred to with their honorific Mr, Mrs or Miss: the newspapers and website should share the court’s presumption of innocence. On conviction they lose the honorific, although if cleared on appeal they reclaim it.”

In its front-page story on Friday, it appears the paper has already applied the rule: the former president is referred to as “Trump” throughout the copy, while his former lawyer Michael Cohen is also not afforded an honorific, having been sentenced to prison in 2018 after pleading guilty to campaign finance charges and lying to Congress. Stormy Daniels and Karen McDougal, the two women to whom Trump was accused of making hush-money payments, are referred to with the title “Ms” throughout…….

International travel​

If the former president finds himself back in the White House come November, he might find his ability to conduct international diplomacy hampered.

Many countries refuse to issue visas to people convicted of criminal offences. That could make travel to even America’s neighbour Canada difficult, as foreign nationals who have been convicted of a criminal offence anywhere in the world are likely to be refused entry there.…..

Here's what I think.

I think Dean Phillips is pretending to be looking out for interests of the nation, when he's actually looking out for his own interests.

I think Dean Phillips wants Trump to be pardoned to preserve the privilege of no accountability for rich white men like himself. I think Dean Phillips is being intentionally dishonest when he says he wants Trump pardoned for the good of the country.

Rich white men sit at the top of our society, so there is no one above them to hold them accountable. Dean Phillips, Trump and their ilk don't want the rest of us to see any of them held accountable, because then we might start to demand and expect them to all be held accountable.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom