Trump Election Interference / Falsification of Business Records Criminal Trial (Trump guilty on all 34 Counts) (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

What will happen now that former President Donald Trump was found guilty (in 34 counts) by the jury?
    Speculation on the judge relating to sentencing?
    Appeals?
    Political Damage?

No and no.

He can't appeal until the sentence is rendered in July.

The only way a state conviction gets to SCOTUS is through the state's court of last resort (in New York, that's the Court of Appeal).
    great since he has a fast pass to them its good to know.

You technically can, but it definitely will hurt your case when applying for clearance. If he becomes President Felon, then they'd have no choice but to grant the clearance because of the need to know nature of the job and there's no constitutional prohibition on felons becoming President.

But maybe there's more to it than I know. Not sure.
    Just for clarification on this topic. The president does not have a "security clearance." The president, vice president, and members of congress are granted access to classified information as a result of their elected position. They retain such access for the duration of their service. Former presidents and vice presidents (and I would assume members of congress) MAY be granted access to classified information at the pleasure of the sitting president.

I'm stunned. I didn't think there was any way that they could achieve a unanimous decision. You only had to slip in one juror to create a hung jury.

And of all the charges against him, this case didn't seem as solid as the classified documents and especially the Georgia "find me 11K+ votes phone recording."

Liz Cheney must be chuckling over a glass of wine right now.
    I'm chuckling over a glass of wine.

Liz can come over if she wants.

I got to see part of this interview. Cohen presented himself well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom