/* */

SHOULD Biden run for a 2nd term? (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Biden has lost support from many people who voted for him in the past.
    He is getting up there in age.
    Here are a couple of sites I'd like to share...
    WHAT DO ANY OF YOU THINK?
    IS THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY BEST SERVED BY HAVING PRESIDENT BIDEN RUN FOR ANOTHER TERM OR WOULD A DIFFERENT CANDIDATE BE BETTER? :unsure:

Open it up for a contested convention. Let potential candidates make their case and let the delegates decide.
    It's already is open.

But not at a convention, it will be done in virtual way where there will be no violence by protesters possible,

It will be done between the 1st and the 7th of August. The delegates will vote and that will be that.

One source published the rules and outline for this a few days ago, that report seemed to have the procedures figured out and the correct facts. I doubt I could find it again.

I bet in news rooms everywhere folks are researching and writing a feature article about it.

I frankly do not expect Kamala to defeat Trump but.. this does shake things up and Trump doesn't know how this will play out either..

I deleted the post because in my haste, thought I was linking directly to CNN. I don’t know about the credibility of BNO News.

But you’ve wanted a candidate change. If not Harris, who do you want? If it’s not her, I think it will rip the party apart. No, I don’t think cooler heads will just show up in November. Yes, I have serious concerns about whether Harris can win.

I deleted the post because in my haste, thought I was linking directly to CNN. I don’t know about the credibility of BNO News.

But you’ve wanted a candidate change. If not Harris, who do you want? If it’s not her, I think it will rip the party apart. No, I don’t think cooler heads will just show up in November. Yes, I have serious concerns about whether Harris can win.
    I think it's too late for anyone but Harris now.. I think it shakes things up and the Democrats now have a better chance than they did with Biden but I still believe Trump is the heavy favorite.

Basically at this point this was the only thing that they could do.. it all just happened too late in the process.

I think it's too late for anyone but Harris now.. I think it shakes things up and the Democrats now have a better chance than they did with Biden but I still believe Trump is the heavy favorite.

Basically at this point this was the only thing that they could do.. it all just happened too late in the process.

But if you don’t think she can win, even if you don’t think Biden could win, why want the disruption of a change?

I’m hoping all the people who wanted this will rally around Harris and work hard to get her elected. Otherwise, I don’t know what we’re doing, other than getting played and throwing in the towel early.

I have growing concerns this is nothing more than a plot to divide democrats, weaken enthusiasm, and hand the election to Trump.

Who are the donors? What are they doing to pressure candidates to come out in opposition? It looks like party leadership might be falling behind Biden.

When you’ve got the support of Sanders and AOC, who could have seen this as a chance to shift the party, instead, supporting Biden and warning of the consequnces of removing him, I think that should weigh heavily into consideration.

I’m not clear on it yet but seeing discussion about a Pass the Torch PAC that Dean Phillips and Andrew Yang reportedly have ties to. Had already lost confidence in both of them. Tech-bro funded coup?

Mike Johnson is confirming there will be legal challenges if there is a candidate change. I don’t trust the courts.

It would be extraordinarily unconventional but, if a change has to happen, it might be the best the party can do is flip the ticket to Harris - Biden. Keep the candidates the same and hope that creates enough cover from litigation. I don’t know.

The more I read and consider, the less convinced I am this was ever the product of legitimate, organic concerns.
    It isn’t a plot. It would be crazy not to have this debate because Biden has been stuck in the polls for a year. Something has to change. AOC and Sanders represent the left, which is voting for Biden no matter what. They do not represent the constituency that will win this election. The change has to convince people that either don’t plan to vote or are voting for someone else.

But if you don’t think she can win, even if you don’t think Biden could win, why want the disruption of a change?

I’m hoping all the people who wanted this will rally around Harris and work hard to get her elected. Otherwise, I don’t know what we’re doing, other than getting played and throwing in the towel early.
    Because I believe she has a better chance at winning even if I still don't believe she will. I think Biden's path to a loss was pretty certain.. hers less so.

Of course, as I always maintain, I don't know shirt.. it's just my read.

I'll say now, I'm voting for Harris, but if someone steps up that has a better chance of beating Trump, I'm down with that as well.

If Dems nominate somebody else, absent an enthusiastic endorsement from Harris, there is no path to victory.

I think it’s only party outsiders who aren’t seeing Democratic base dynamics for what they are. If you want to shatter enthusiasm, bypass the serving black, female, VP and nominate a white guy wild card, and watch it all fall apart.

It isn’t a plot. It would be crazy not to have this debate because Biden has been stuck in the polls for a year. Something has to change. AOC and Sanders represent the left, which is voting for Biden no matter what. They do not represent the constituency that will win this election. The change has to convince people that either don’t plan to vote or are voting for someone else.

I’m not going to keep having this debate with you. We see it differently. I think a change is extraordinarily dangerous and you’ve wanted it from the start.

You got what you wanted. Hopefully you can be enthusiastic about the next nominee and will work hard to get them elected.

I'll say now, I'm voting for Harris, but if someone steps up that has a better chance of beating Trump, I'm down with that as well.
    I don't think anyone with sense is going to challenge Harris. Party just got out of a battle...

CNN is now reporting that donors are reaching out to the Harris team to offer support.

Biden's age and mental acuity are 100% legitimate concerns and I believe he should have bowed out of a 2nd term. That being said, his chances were torpedoed the minute he made his tax policy public.
    His tax policy has zero negative affect, because the comparison is Trump’s plan, which is far worse. I also think it isn’t about Biden’s mental acuity, because he has shown acuity after the debate, and Trump has acuity issues too. The issue is Biden seems to be declining fast coming from a higher point than Trump, who was already considered an idiot.

Last edited:
    I don't think anyone with sense is going to challenge Harris. Party just got out of a battle...

CNN is now reporting that donors are reaching out to the Harris team to offer support.
    The party will rally around Harris.. there may be a few dissenters but it seems obvious to me at this point that the only option is to rally around Harris.

I think it’s only party outsiders who aren’t seeing Democratic base dynamics for what they are. If you want to shatter enthusiasm, bypass the serving black, female, VP and nominate a white guy wild card, and watch it all fall apart.
    Yep. This happens and we might as well start planning Trump's inauguration now.

I understand why they did it, but this shows the whole Democrats are protecting democracy schtick is a huge load of crap. The most powerful Democrats pressured Biden to drop out. They subverted the will of their voters and the elites got their way. It looks like that might have been Pelosi.

Would this be considered a coup by the current Democrat definition?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom