SHOULD Biden run for a 2nd term? (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Biden has lost support from many people who voted for him in the past.
    He is getting up there in age.
    Here are a couple of sites I'd like to share...
    WHAT DO ANY OF YOU THINK?
    IS THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY BEST SERVED BY HAVING PRESIDENT BIDEN RUN FOR ANOTHER TERM OR WOULD A DIFFERENT CANDIDATE BE BETTER? :unsure:

Hold on

Why is he an “idiot”? Because he doesn’t necessarily hold some of the same views?

In every election, I hear people from minority groups who aren't very politically aware and involved or from people who are on the more on the extreme side of liberalism proclaim that it doesn't matter who's president or who's in charge of Congress because "they're all the same". Then I see Republicans get elected to the presidency or to control Congress and I see minority groups start to have right restricted, lose funding for programs that make a difference, and regression in the overall social climate for anybody who isn't in the majority. But these people never pay attention enough to connect the dots and come around in the next election 4 years later to say the same thing.

I have no issue with groups like Muslim Americans pushing Biden and Democrats to change policy on Israel or any other policy. I have no problem with a protest vote in a Democratic primary. But at some point you need to recognize where the real danger lies and unite, even if you don't agree with every aspect of candidates policy and platform.

The "idiotic" part of his interview was him saying that Trump and Biden are the same. They are not, not in any way. He needs to be able to see past his anger at the situation in Gaza to be able to see that. While I'm not going to say that things will get demonstrably better for Palestinians if Biden is elected given the hell they're in right now, I know they won't get better with Trump and can very much worsen. At least with Biden they have his ear and he will push for more consideration of the Palestinians plight with Israel (as he's trying to do now). I also know that things will get worse for Arabs here in America if Trump is elected. We've already seen that train roll, why doesn't Youseff believe that will happen again?

In every election, I hear people from minority groups who aren't very politically aware and involved or from people who are on the more on the extreme side of liberalism proclaim that it doesn't matter who's president or who's in charge of Congress because "they're all the same". Then I see Republicans get elected to the presidency or to control Congress and I see minority groups start to have right restricted, lose funding for programs that make a difference, and regression in the overall social climate for anybody who isn't in the majority. But these people never pay attention enough to connect the dots and come around in the next election 4 years later to say the same thing.

So let's connect the dots here, as you say.

I think you and I probably agree that the most impactful (in a bad way) part of this entire section is in bold. Right?

Are you saying there's a connection between the seemingly uninformed choices/views of 'minority groups who aren't politically aware' and 'those on the extreme side of liberalism' and Republicans winning elections?

I have no issue with groups like Muslim Americans pushing Biden and Democrats to change policy on Israel or any other policy. I have no problem with a protest vote in a Democratic primary. But at some point you need to recognize where the real danger lies and unite, even if you don't agree with every aspect of candidates policy and platform.

I don't know how Michigan will vote in 2024 ultimately. The facts are that over 100k votes were uncommitted and Biden won by only 150k in 2020 over Trump. If I were Biden, I'd be doing everything I can to gain as many of those votes back. He's already trying with the ceasefire thing (albeit 4-5 months too late IMO), but it's better than nothing. Time will tell if it changes minds of voters.

The "idiotic" part of his interview was him saying that Trump and Biden are the same. They are not, not in any way. He needs to be able to see past his anger at the situation in Gaza to be able to see that.

I didn't see anywhere in the video where he said this. Maybe I missed it.

While I'm not going to say that things will get demonstrably better for Palestinians if Biden is elected given the hell they're in right now, I know they won't get better with Trump and can very much worsen. At least with Biden they have his ear and he will push for more consideration of the Palestinians plight with Israel (as he's trying to do now). I also know that things will get worse for Arabs here in America if Trump is elected. We've already seen that train roll, why doesn't Youseff believe that will happen again?

I don't think he's saying that it won't under Trump. I don't think any person with a general understanding of the US political landscape would.

It seems he's doing what most of us have been doing since this whole thing started and Biden / the US stood pretty motionless for months while genocide occurred...which is demanding that our tax dollars not be used to fund it and committing to at least a primary protest vote and making our voices heard so that in some way the outcome is changed. It may not have a significant effect, and seldom do protest votes/protests in general..but I know that it's effecting strategy of the Biden campaign and they have sent aides to Michigan to try to turn things around, so it's definitely not a 'non issue.

So let's connect the dots here, as you say.

I think you and I probably agree that the most impactful (in a bad way) part of this entire section is in bold. Right?

Are you saying there's a connection between the seemingly uninformed choices/views of 'minority groups who aren't politically aware' and 'those on the extreme side of liberalism' and Republicans winning elections?

Not in every election, but it certainly was a factor in 2016. There were also other factors with independent moderates in the middle. A lot of them also tend to think both sides are the same.

I don't know how Michigan will vote in 2024 ultimately. The facts are that over 100k votes were uncommitted and Biden won by only 150k in 2020 over Trump. If I were Biden, I'd be doing everything I can to gain as many of those votes back. He's already trying with the ceasefire thing (albeit 4-5 months too late IMO), but it's better than nothing. Time will tell if it changes minds of voters.

I think the Biden campaign is taking it very seriously, as they should.

I didn't see anywhere in the video where he said this. Maybe I missed it.

It starts at the 1:38 mark. He may not have exactly used the words "they are exactly the same", but that was the jist of what he was saying.

I don't think he's saying that it won't under Trump. I don't think any person with a general understanding of the US political landscape would.

It seems to me that he is clearly saying that. I'm obviously paraphrasing, but that was definitely the tone of his message.

It seems he's doing what most of us have been doing since this whole thing started and Biden / the US stood pretty motionless for months while genocide occurred...which is demanding that our tax dollars not be used to fund it and committing to at least a primary protest vote and making our voices heard so that in some way the outcome is changed. It may not have a significant effect, and seldom do protest votes/protests in general..but I know that it's effecting strategy of the Biden campaign and they have sent aides to Michigan to try to turn things around, so it's definitely not a 'non issue.

Again, I don't have a problem with the protest vote. I think it's clearly an issue.

Last edited:
    I like Williamson.

We have a few new names on our democratic primary ballot I've researched, Frank Lozada and Gabriel Cornejo. It's encouraging that more progressive candidates are on the ballot.

I really like both, but think I am leaning toward Lozada - more here

I’m sure the right will say this doctor isn’t to be trusted

The doctor who said Trump was the fittest person he’s ever examined and could live to be 200 years old, now that’s a doctor who’s word you can take to the bank

I’m sure the right will say this doctor isn’t to be trusted

The doctor who said Trump was the fittest person he’s ever examined and could live to be 200 years old, now that’s a doctor who’s word you can take to the bank
    Even NPR was harping on the public perception of Biden's fitness while totally glossing over the statement that you only give a cognitive test if those around the President feel it's warranted.
    Those around Biden don't think it's necessary. Those around Trump DID.

He didn’t say that, nor did he insinuate it.

That’s where I feel people take this extra step of conflating lack of support for Biden’s sh** policies and calling himself a “Zionist” (I mean, this is pretty objectively tone deaf) with thinking that Trump would somehow me better.

It’s never been that way. Not even once.
    Taurus gets what I stated. Youseff is an idiot, because he implies that Biden should not be supported due to his support of Israel, which by default means Trump is much more likely to win, and I explained why Trump would be orders of magnitude worse. No matter what you think of Biden’s position, anyone who isn’t an idiot should consider the bigger picture. One issue that pisses you off would be replaced by dozens of issues that would piss you off due to actions by the other guy. So encouraging people to abandon your best hope to save yourself from 10 times worse actions is idiotic. The lesser of 2 “evils” is pragmatic, and the non-idiotic approach. Youseff is short-sighted. I have no problem with criticisms of Biden, but to actively promote abandoning him is dumb, because if the other guy wins, it will make life much worse for you, because the other guy is much worse on the things you probably care about if they are related to Muslim and Arab treatment.

Last edited:
    If President Biden were routinely losing 30 to 40 percent of primary voters, Republicans would be spotlighting his weakness and wooing those voters. In the 2024 race, however, Republicans are on defense.

Even with 100 percent name recognition and the race virtually over, four-times indicted former president Donald Trump is still losing a shocking percentage of primary voters.

A drop in turnout or small defection from the GOP would doom his candidacy.

Republicans should heed the warning from the Wall Street Journal editorial board (!): “59% of Ms. Haley’s voters say they wouldn’t vote for Mr. Trump if he is the GOP nominee.

And the exit poll showed that 36% of South Carolina primary voters said a conviction in one of his criminal trials would make him unfit to be President.” (Other polls confirm many Republicans won’t vote for Trump if he is convicted.)

To further sway Republicans and Republican-leaning independents, Biden can lean into four critical issues.

Women

As many strongmen do, Trump cultivated a movement based on toxic masculinity, violence and domination of women. (Right-wing authoritarians routinely seek to restrict womento the role of wife and mother, if for nothing elsethan to avoid racial “replacement.”)

The civil verdict holding him liable for sexually abusing E. Jean Carroll and his long history of misogynistic comments might be sufficient to send record numbers of women fleeing to Democrats. However, it is his attack on women’s reproductive rights that might push the gender gap to new highs.

Trump has repeatedly bragged about the reversal of Roe v. Wade, which eliminated 14th Amendment protection for reproductive rights, ushered in abortion bans, and left IVF and contraception vulnerable.

Republicans are now furiously trying to backpedal from their extreme, unpopular policies that have inevitably resulted in decisions such as the recent Alabama ruling that embryos are children. The theocratic, radical judge’s ruling generated a backlash as great as that to the Supreme Court’s Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization ruling.

Trump and his party now claim they are all in favor of IVF. However, that won’t fly. Senate Republicans blocked a bill in 2022 to protect IVF, and at least 125 House Republicanssupport “life at conception” or “personhood” bills (under which some forms of contraception might be vulnerable). How is that going to go over with women, even antiabortion women?

Remember, even in red (Kansas) and swing (Wisconsin) states, both men and women have rejected the MAGA movement’s forced-birth crusade. You can bet women’s control over their own bodies and childbearing will feature prominently in Biden’s approach to Republican women.

Crime

The country’s violent crime rate has plummetedunder Biden, although you wouldn’t know it from GOP disinformation and gory news coverage. Biden increasingly touts his record on crime, an issue critical to many voters.

On Wednesday, Biden hosted a group of big city police chiefs (many in swing states such as Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Arizona) to herald the plunge in crime, especially homicide rates. This won’t be the last time he reminds voters the American Rescue Plan allocated $15 billion to fight crime.…….

Chaos

Country club Republicans, small-business owners and many other voters live orderly lives, follow the rules and rely on stable government with predictable laws and economic policies. With GOP state parties and the House caucus in constant turmoil, Trump’s rants flooding social media, and the real risk he will be convicted, Republicans do not offer sane, orderly government. No wonder former South Carolina governor Nikki Haley has associated Trump with “chaos.”…….

Last edited:
    Should be fun
    ==========
    When Robert K. Hur testifies to Congress on Tuesday about his investigation of President Biden’s handling of classified documents, he is expected to defend a special counsel process created to shield fraught cases from political interference.

But Hur’s testimony will also highlight how Attorney General Merrick Garland’s use of special counsels to handle the most politically sensitive cases has calcified tensions between the White House and the Justice Department.

It will be the first time Hur has addressed the public since his special counsel report last month on why he would not seek to charge Biden for his alleged mishandling of classified documents after his vice presidency. He said in the report that a jury might see Biden as “a sympathetic, well-meaning, elderly man with a poor memory,” not a criminal trying to break the law.

Biden and his top aides exploded at that portrait of the 81-year-old president, whose age and cognitive abilities have become a crucial issue in the 2024 presidential race.

The report fueled White House anger at Garland, who Biden aides say has over-relied on special counsels — including to investigate the president’s son, Hunter — in a way they believe has insulated the attorney general from some of the Justice Department’s toughest decisions……..

Should be fun
    ==========
    When Robert K. Hur testifies to Congress on Tuesday about his investigation of President Biden’s handling of classified documents, he is expected to defend a special counsel process created to shield fraught cases from political interference.

But Hur’s testimony will also highlight how Attorney General Merrick Garland’s use of special counsels to handle the most politically sensitive cases has calcified tensions between the White House and the Justice Department.

It will be the first time Hur has addressed the public since his special counsel report last month on why he would not seek to charge Biden for his alleged mishandling of classified documents after his vice presidency. He said in the report that a jury might see Biden as “a sympathetic, well-meaning, elderly man with a poor memory,” not a criminal trying to break the law.

Biden and his top aides exploded at that portrait of the 81-year-old president, whose age and cognitive abilities have become a crucial issue in the 2024 presidential race.

The report fueled White House anger at Garland, who Biden aides say has over-relied on special counsels — including to investigate the president’s son, Hunter — in a way they believe has insulated the attorney general from some of the Justice Department’s toughest decisions……..

That's the whole point of the special council. You make it apolitical, and only a fact finding investigation.

Hunter Biden is a nepo baby screw up. I don't care if he gets 30 years.

That's the whole point of the special council. You make it apolitical, and only a fact finding investigation.

Hunter Biden is a nepo baby screw up. I don't care if he gets 30 years.

It doesn't matter what you do, you can't really make any investigation of a political figure apolitical. A special councils investigation is rarely just a fact finding mission, as we see by the impact Hur's report and others before them had, even when the subject isn't charged.

Special councils should only be used for serious and complicated matters. Biden, Hunters or Pences cases didn't require one, but only one of those didn't get one.

Ronald Reagan was a special person.
    He was elected to a second term because many democratic registered voters liked him and gave him their vote also.
    This is not something I'd say about Trump.
    You referred to him getting the votes of Democrats.

What made Reagan any more "special" a person than anyone else outside of winning elections?

It took you two whole months to come up with that? That's two weeks per *.
    I was scolling thru YouTube and the video caught my eye...then I thought of you. It took me a bit to find where you said that Reagan wasn't special. I didn't quote or reference everything the 2 of us said. Have a nice day.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom