SHOULD Biden run for a 2nd term? (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Biden has lost support from many people who voted for him in the past.
    He is getting up there in age.
    Here are a couple of sites I'd like to share...
    WHAT DO ANY OF YOU THINK?
    IS THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY BEST SERVED BY HAVING PRESIDENT BIDEN RUN FOR ANOTHER TERM OR WOULD A DIFFERENT CANDIDATE BE BETTER? :unsure:

Oh I don't disagree, but I don't think anything is a done deal until the convention plays out.

I expect Harris to be the nominee. I'm just not convinced she'll win. I'm pulling for her tho.

It’s going to have to be as good as a done deal behind the scenes, and assurances might be the only thing that convinced Biden to do this. I don’t think he’s without leverage with convention delegates.

It’s going to have to be as good as a done deal behind the scenes, and assurances might be the only thing that convinced Biden to do this. I don’t think he’s without leverage with convention delegates.
    Beggars and choosers and all.. if you wanted Biden to step aside, he stepped aside. Kamala is the logical choice at this point, and the only option left is to get on board with her after Biden's endorsement.

Anything else will come off as purely self-serving.

They picked going on offense down four instead of defense and trying to run out the clock

I applaud this decision.

I also want to take a moment and thank President Biden for once again saving America by doing what is best for the country and not himself. It's sad how many great Americans Trump has trashed. It's even sadder how he gets away with it.

I think Kamala wins. I think she wins by a larger margin than Biden did. I think this unlocks minorities. youth and women to motivate to vote like 08.

People are more fed up and desperate for change when the literally elected Change in President Obama.

Trump is now the only old man that can't think clearly, says horribly senile stuff and absolutely wears diapers. shirts all over himself. They can't point back now.

I can't wait for the debate in September unless captain bone spurs is too big a coward to face her. Which would be absolutely seen as weak. So he either debates her in his giant diaper or ducks her like a coward.

He says that stupid nonsense he said in front of Biden she'll actually respond.

Trump did horribly in the debate. He got to skate because his opponent had bigger problems. Not now.

I haven't felt this excited since 08 myself. It shows if we go down, we go down fighting. But I think we win.

The shear terror coming through the pages already from the other side makes me think they know it too.

I hope you’re right and I agree with a lot of it.

I was just thinking the other day - it wouldn’t surprise me one bit if he made a condition to the donors that if he steps aside they throw their support behind Harris. She’s the best option at this point in time and the only one that makes sense logistically. She just takes over the campaign funds, IIRC.

And I would hope the vast majority of his delegates would heed his wishes and vote for Harris. They will do this remotely before August 7, because of Ohio, making the convention free of clashes and drama.

I understand why they did it, but this shows the whole Democrats are protecting democracy schtick is a huge load of crap. The most powerful Democrats pressured Biden to drop out. They subverted the will of their voters and the elites got their way. It looks like that might have been Pelosi.

Would this be considered a coup by the current Democrat definition?

No, that would be considered to be Miller BS.

Beggars and choosers and all.. if you wanted Biden to step aside, he stepped aside. Kamala is the logical choice at this point, and the only option left is to get on board with her after Biden's endorsement.

Anything else will come off as purely self-serving.

Exactly. If there are powerbrokers still pushing for another candidate, this was never about age concerns, it’s something more than that.

I was just thinking the other day - it wouldn’t surprise me one bit if he made a condition to the donors that if he steps aside they throw their support behind Harris. She’s the best option at this point in time and the only one that makes sense logistically. She just takes over the campaign funds, IIRC.

And I would hope the vast majority of his delegates would heed his wishes and vote for Harris. They will do this remotely before August 7, because of Ohio, making the convention free of clashes and drama.

It’s the only way. People can daydream about other candidates all they want, but every other scenario creates challenges that probably can’t be overcome.

I would expect to hear Clooney endorse Kamala in short order..

The Clintons have endorsed her.

Leadership needs to fall in line quickly and prevent divisions and from this carrying on. The people wanting change got it. We don’t have time to sort through options and get exposed to legal challenges. It’s Harris or bust.

The Clintons have endorsed her.

Leadership needs to fall in line quickly and prevent divisions and from this carrying on. The people wanting change got it. We don’t have time to sort through options and get exposed to legal challenges. It’s Harris or bust.
    Obama needs to follow suit ASAP. I would not be surprised that Biden endorsing Kamala is a hidden slap at Obama for not doing the same in 2016 (instead of talking him out of running).

Biden didn't get pushed out.

He made the decision to step aside after the pressure to do so, and the realization of the situation became untenable.

But he still made the decsion.

And with that I am certain the parameters of his stepping aside were dictated by his camp.

I have no doubt they have given him assurances that Kamala will be the nominee and no one is going to oppose her.

This isn't a power play by the way. This is simply elevating the VP in succession when the President steps down.

She's a DA, Senator, and the freaking VP. Nobody can match her resume.

And anyone who is actually considering it, an open election in '28 if Trump wins is much more enticing than jumping in a couple of months before the election.

it can't be anybody but her. It shouldn't be anyone else either.

I understand why they did it, but this shows the whole Democrats are protecting democracy schtick is a huge load of crap. The most powerful Democrats pressured Biden to drop out. They subverted the will of their voters and the elites got their way. It looks like that might have been Pelosi.

Would this be considered a coup by the current Democrat definition?

No, it doesn’t. That is a lie. Trump undermined the results of a national election. Primaries are actually fairly new. Conventions used to decide the nominee. The party has an obligation whether we like it or not to put forth the best candidate. Sure, I would have preferred that things were handled better but you are comparing apples and toilet paper. In addition, Terump’s arrogance has negatively impacted the entire political process while also destroying a political party.

Take you crap back to Freeperville.

Obama needs to follow suit ASAP. I would not be surprised that Biden endorsing Kamala is a hidden slap at Obama for not doing the same in 2016 (instead of talking him out of running).
    Obama just put out a statement praising Biden but stopping short of endorsing Harris. His rationale of staying out of "primary politics" is forking stupid.

Alright media: Trump is now the oldest candidate who will be on the ballot to be elected to the office of president. His age, health, and temperament make him unfit to serve and unlikely to fulfill his term.

We’re about to find out some things.
    Sadly, I doubt it. It will all be about why Harris is incompetent since she (allegedly) did such a bad job as VP. I say allegedly because the claims that she did a bad job were basically bullschlitz.

Hell, SFL has already started with his post about her as a prosecutor.

Obama just put out a statement praising Biden but stopping short of endorsing Harris. His rationale of staying out of "primary politics" is forking stupid.
    Yeah imo he probably needs to reassess that here in this situation.. Pelosi doesn't endorse either... I think they will, just not rushing to it immediately.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom