/* */

SHOULD Biden run for a 2nd term? (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Biden has lost support from many people who voted for him in the past.
    He is getting up there in age.
    Here are a couple of sites I'd like to share...
    WHAT DO ANY OF YOU THINK?
    IS THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY BEST SERVED BY HAVING PRESIDENT BIDEN RUN FOR ANOTHER TERM OR WOULD A DIFFERENT CANDIDATE BE BETTER? :unsure:

I'll say now, I'm voting for Harris, but if someone steps up that has a better chance of beating Trump, I'm down with that as well.
    With me it's a probably. The will need to be an acceptable choice for me.

I'm not going to weigh the who can beat the Criminal question into that first clause which will rule my decision.

As an example of who would not be acceptable are any who called for Biden to step down. They are not eligible to win my support after this.

So the members of the Congressional Black and Hispanic caucuses calling on him to step aside are sellouts too? Just want to be sure.

No outrage here. I don't give a flying flute what you think about me. But the fact you and others are going the route of SFL and Farb to those here and elsewhere you disagree with is as strawman as it gets.
    Well, nobody has called the people who wanted Biden to step down Blue Maga, so there’s that. Let’s face it, it was a bit heated on both sides. Not because we don’t want the same thing, but because we all had definite opinions about how to get there. So now we can all unite and get back to attacking Trump and Vance. Deal?

I understand why they did it, but this shows the whole Democrats are protecting democracy schtick is a huge load of crap. The most powerful Democrats pressured Biden to drop out. They subverted the will of their voters and the elites got their way. It looks like that might have been Pelosi.

Would this be considered a coup by the current Democrat definition?

The subverting the will of the voters thing in particular is mostly just empty rhetoric in this situation imo (in addition to the fact that the Democratic and Republican parties are private and can legally do whatever they want anyway)... There was no actual primary process for the Democrats, there was just an anointment of Biden.

The party subverted the ability to know the will of the voters through that in my view.. I know it's standard with an incumbent, but still, Biden winning the nomination like that doesn't really tell me anything about the will of the people.. it just tells me that people voted for the guy whom they knew was going to be the nominee anyway.

Well, nobody has called the people who wanted Biden to step down Blue Maga, so there’s that. Let’s face it, it was a bit heated on both sides. Not because we don’t want the same thing, but because we all had definite opinions about how to get there. So now we can all unite and get back to attacking Trump and Vance. Deal?
    :hearts2:

OK, It's Kamala Harris for President now.

I'm 100% for Harris, still love Joe Biden.

Yup, feel exactly the same....
    I'd like to thank Biden for showing Americans how our government is supposed to function. He rallied international support and was able to compromise with Republicans to get much of his agenda passed. I sincerely hope Harris or whomever is the nominee keeps many of those in his cabinet.

He did a much better job than he will ever be given credit for, the media in this country sucks.....

I predict Josh Shapiro for VP.
    I posted this in another thread a day or two ago:

I would suggest she avoid Josh Shapiro. He's a lighting rod.

One, he's also been a State attorney general, together they would be dubbed as being the twin cops or some such rot.

On some liberal stuff he's outstanding, but there's a moneyed interest trend which appears when money and corporations are involved. For instance he wants to cut the state corporate tax rate a lot. Doesn't mention changing the other tax rates.

Supports charter schools.

Two, He's a Conservative Jew who strongly supports Israel to the hilt, and it's latest war in Gaza. That's the lightning rod part.

He might get Harris his states votes, but cause her to lose Michigan, as well as some other states over his strong anti-palestinian views. He condemned the Palestinian protests.

Josh Shapiro - Wikipedia

Do you remember VP candidate Joe Lieberman who's presidential ticket lost to GWB 24 years ago? He reminds me of Lieberman a lot.

Governor Whitmer, Governor Polis, Governor Walz, Governor Shapiro, Governor Breshear. All a breath of fresh air. And attractive to wide array of voters.

The subverting the will of the voters thing in particular is mostly just empty rhetoric in this situation imo (in addition to the fact that the Democratic and Republican parties are private and can legally do whatever they want anyway)...
    I disagree. It points out that the saving democracy was the empty rhetoric and this shows that to be the case.

Biden got enough votes to be the nominee. He got pushed out by the Democrat elites.

There was no actual primary process for the Democrats, there was just an anointment of Biden. The party subverted the ability to know the will of the voters through that in my view.. I know it's standard with an incumbent, but still, Biden winning the nomination like that doesn't really tell me anything about the will of the people.. it just tells me that people voted for the guy whom they knew was going to be the nominee anyway.
    Right, there wasn't a legitimate primary process and Democrat voters weren't given another choice besides Biden eventhough many people were questioning if he should run again because of his age.

What you just described was the elites getting to pick who Democrat voters could elect for President and there was no choice for the voters.

I disagree. It points out that the saving democracy was the empty rhetoric and this shows that to be the case.

Biden got enough votes to be the nominee. He got pushed out by the Democrat elites.

Right, there wasn't a legitimate primary process and Democrat voters weren't given another choice besides Biden eventhough many people were questioning if he should run again because of his age.

What you just described was the elites getting to pick who Democrat voters could elect for President and there was no choice for the voters.
    Agree to disagree overall but on the last point, yes I agree that the elites run our political system. I definitely believe there's way too much money allowed throughout the system.

They picked going on offense down four instead of defense and trying to run out the clock

I applaud this decision.

I also want to take a moment and thank President Biden for once again saving America by doing what is best for the country and not himself. It's sad how many great Americans Trump has trashed. It's even sadder how he gets away with it.

I think Kamala wins. I think she wins by a larger margin than Biden did. I think this unlocks minorities. youth and women to motivate to vote like 08.

People are more fed up and desperate for change when the literally elected Change in President Obama.

Trump is now the only old man that can't think clearly, says horribly senile stuff and absolutely wears diapers. shirts all over himself. They can't point back now.

I can't wait for the debate in September unless captain bone spurs is too big a coward to face her. Which would be absolutely seen as weak. So he either debates her in his giant diaper or ducks her like a coward.

He says that stupid nonsense he said in front of Biden she'll actually respond.

Trump did horribly in the debate. He got to skate because his opponent had bigger problems. Not now.

I haven't felt this excited since 08 myself. It shows if we go down, we go down fighting. But I think we win.

The shear terror coming through the pages already from the other side makes me think they know it too.

If Dems nominate somebody else, absent an enthusiastic endorsement from Harris, there is no path to victory.

I think it’s only party outsiders who aren’t seeing Democratic base dynamics for what they are. If you want to shatter enthusiasm, bypass the serving black, female, VP and nominate a white guy wild card, and watch it all fall apart.
    Oh I don't disagree, but I don't think anything is a done deal until the convention plays out.

I expect Harris to be the nominee. I'm just not convinced she'll win. I'm pulling for her tho.

They picked going on offense down four instead of defense and trying to run out the clock

I applaud this decision.

I also want to take a moment and thank President Biden for once again saving America by doing what is best for the country and not himself. It's sad how many great Americans Trump has trashed. It's even sadder how he gets away with it.

I think Kamala wins. I think she wins by a larger margin than Biden did. I think this unlocks minorities. youth and women to motivate to vote like 08.

People are more fed up and desperate for change when the literally elected Change in President Obama.

Trump is now the only old man that can't think clearly, says horribly senile stuff and absolutely wears diapers. shirts all over himself. They can't point back now.

I can't wait for the debate in September unless captain bone spurs is too big a coward to face her. Which would be absolutely seen as weak. So he either debates her in his giant diaper or ducks her like a coward.

He says that stupid nonsense he said in front of Biden she'll actually respond.

Trump did horribly in the debate. He got to skate because his opponent had bigger problems. Not now.

I haven't felt this excited since 08 myself. It shows if we go down, we go down fighting. But I think we win.

The shear terror coming through the pages already from the other side makes me think they know it too.
    Even as someone myself who is not inclined to believe that Kamala will win.. this shakes things up and is a jolt of energy the Democrats desperately needed.

She has a better chance than Biden did, I feel pretty confident in saying that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom