SHOULD Biden run for a 2nd term? (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Biden has lost support from many people who voted for him in the past.
    He is getting up there in age.
    Here are a couple of sites I'd like to share...
    WHAT DO ANY OF YOU THINK?
    IS THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY BEST SERVED BY HAVING PRESIDENT BIDEN RUN FOR ANOTHER TERM OR WOULD A DIFFERENT CANDIDATE BE BETTER? :unsure:

I don't know that an 82 year old is perfect for these times. First, it presents an issue with who'd be his running mate, because the running mate would have to be a viable candidate for president as well, since there would be a very real possibility that Biden could die in office, and Kamala Harris ain't it. Harris would have to bow out as graciously as possible and stay away.

And in that case, may as well run the vice-president candidate as a candidate for president.

Who? Up for debate. Everyone in the DNC seems to be excited about Hakeem Jeffries. Pete Buttigieg could be an option, but I don't know that the U.S. is ready to elect a gay man as president... whoever it is, I hope the stay away from guns and abortion until after elections ("it's settled law" worked really well for the GOP) and tone it down on the gender stuff.
    I really like Biden. I think he has done a great job. I don’t think any other president could’ve done better. The only smudge on his record is the Afghanistan exit. With that said, he shows his age, so I don’t think he should run again. I would vote for him, but I would like someone more likely to get through the term healthy. I think his achievements have been due to his leadership, but there is some uncertainty. He seems to avoid press conferences, which is a sign of his ability to field questions. That is not a good sign for his ability to handle another campaign.

I wouldn’t mind a president Kamala if Biden were to have to resign due to health, but I’m not convinced she would be a good president. I suppose she doesn’t come across as personable, but otherwise I don’t know why she is so unpopular. I’m just a bit indifferent about her.

I am interested in honest conversation. You can’t call yourself an independent if you’d never consider the possibility of voting for a Democrat, even over the Republican candidate you claim to despise.

I believe Biden has more experience than Jeffries, but perhaps the primaries could convince me otherwise. That’s what the primary process is for.

For now, my initial reaction is that I would vote for Biden over Jeffries.

I’ve answered your question. Now you answer mine. Would you vote for any random democrat over Trump?

If not, give up your “independent” fantasy and face facts. You’re a Republican who doesn’t like Trump, but when he’s the nominee, you’ll “hold your nose and pull the lever for him” because the thought of any democrat is worse.
    I just read this.
    You are the 2nd person I am aware of that answered.
    I HAVE voted for a Democrat for my state's governor.
    I have three times...3 consecutive terms for my town's wonderful Democratic Mayor.
    So local and state I've voted Democrat.
    I would not vote for a "random democrat" for President if that "random democrat" was pro choice.
    I have stated numerous times that if Trump was the GOP nominee I would find a 3rd Party candidate and "waste" my vote on that person. Because I answer to God...not to you.
    Possibly this satisfies @MT15 's question as well.
    This sure seems like a topic I've addressed before.

What question would you like me to answer?
    Please state the question and for you I will give my best effort to answer candidly.

I know I'm not @MT15, but I did ask you a pretty direct question after directly answering yours.

Would you vote for any random democrat over Trump?

Edit: It looks like you just replied above, so let me give that a read.

I would not vote for a "random democrat" for President if that "random democrat" was pro choice.
    I have stated numerous times that if Trump was the GOP nominee I would find a 3rd Party candidate and "waste" my vote on that person. Because I answer to God...not to you.

So, if God told you that voting for the Democrat over Trump was what he wanted, you would vote for the Democrat?

Have you considered the possibility that it is God's will for you to vote for the Democrat, and not the third party, to help protect your country from Donald Trump?

So, if God told you that voting for the Democrat over Trump was what he wanted, you would vote for the Democrat?

Have you considered the possibility that it is God's will for you to vote for the Democrat, and not the third party, to help protect your country from Donald Trump?
    If someone thinks that God told them something that violates his word (Bible) then that person understood God incorrectly.
    God never violates or leads a person contrary to His word.
    If a candidate is ok with an abortion, then it does not seem possible that God would tell me to vote for that candidate.
    That's how I feel. You asked how I feel. I've answered.
    Done.
    I've answered.
    Done

Last edited:
    I just read this.
    You are the 2nd person I am aware of that answered.
    I HAVE voted for a Democrat for my state's governor.
    I have three times...3 consecutive terms for my town's wonderful Democratic Mayor.
    So local and state I've voted Democrat.
    Possibly this satisfies @MT15 's question as well.
    This sure seems like a topic I've addressed before.

I have said I will vote for Biden over anybody the Republicans nominate, that I don't think Kennedy is a serious candidate, and that I have no reason to believe Jeffries will launch a presidential campaign for 2024. So I've already given the answer to your question.

If someone thinks that God told them something that violates his word (Bible) then that person understood God incorrectly.
    Done.
    I've answered.
    Done

Why do you think voting for a Democrat violates the Bible?

Done.
    I've answered.
    Done
    Well, hold on just a bit. Not quite done. Let's unpack that just a bit.

First, there are many hundreds of thousands of evangelicals, the vast majority in fact, who voted for Trump based on their belief that God supported him, and will do so in the next election. Are those people wrong? You seem to indicate they are, as you are not intending to vote for Trump in the next election. And certainly, there are untold things that Trump violates from God's word, much more so than the typical Democrat.

Or are they right, and you're understanding God incorrectly by voting for the third party?

Or does God tell some people to vote for different candidates than he tells others to vote for?

Does God always have a candidate in mind he wants to win the election?

How can it be God's will for you to vote for a third party candidate, if it is certain that it is not God's will for that candidate to win the election?

Can you be more specific about which "something that violates his word" you're talking about? I'm assuming abortion?

If so, can you please cite the specific verses in the Bible you believe indicate that God is against abortion?

Last edited:

That really is an interesting proposition. For someone to say that they vote the way they do because they answer to God presumes that they know God's mind and what God wants. That's mighty bold.

Well, hold on just a bit. Not quite done. Let's unpack that just a bit.

First, there are many hundreds of thousands of evangelicals, the vast majority in fact, that voted for Trump based on their belief that God supported him, and will do so in the next election. Are those people wrong? You seem to indicate they are, as you are not intending to vote for Trump. And certainly, there are untold things that Trump violates from God's word, much more so than the typical Democrat.

Or are they right, and you're understanding God incorrectly by voting for the third party?

Or does God tell some people to vote for different candidates that he tells others to vote for?

Can you be more specific about which "something that violates his word" you're talking about? I'm assuming abortion?

If so, can you please cite the specific verses in the Bible you believe indicate that God is against abortion?

None of it makes sense. Too many "Christian" conservatives believe they have a Biblical duty to vote against abortion and the LGBTQ+ community to be considered obedient Christians. Prosperity gospel greenlit being okay with greed and justifying not helping the poor (lazy people).

They are actually in clear conflict with the Jesus depicted in the Bible - who taught about welcoming strangers from foreign lands, helping those in need, turning the other cheek, sharing and compassion. Absolutely none of that is reflected in the American conservative ethos.

Last edited:
    "Christian" conservatism is a normalized cover for bigotry and exclusion. It's not enough to reject it, we have to work at reframing the lie of the religious right and how they've hijacked a faith from what it should be about.

If a candidate is ok with an abortion, then it does not seem possible that God would tell me to vote for that candidate.
    That's how I feel. You asked how I feel. I've answered.
    Done.
    I've answered.
    Done
    I quoted myself because I added more to my earlier answer.
    I see notifications that 2 guys quoted me...but I didn't tap on the notifications or read them.
    I just came back to the thread to expand on my answer.
    This thread is about Biden...not about how I think or how I feel.
    I answered about my feelings earlier... but now please focus on Biden only.
    Steve's not running for anything and I have no impact on the country.
    Biden people....It's about Biden. Focus please.

I see notifications that 2 guys quoted me...but I didn't tap on the notifications or read them.

Well, yes, it's about Biden, but it's also inherently about the person Biden is running against.

As in, you can't make an informed decision about whether or not Biden should run without also considering who the Republican opponent is, and who potential other Democrat options there are.

And if you ignore all of my other questions, just consider this one: How can it be God's will for you to vote for a third party candidate, if it is certain that it is not God's will for that candidate to win the election?

The discussion you seem to want to have is too limited to be of much use. I think most people regard his age, and Trump's age, as a concern. The data isn't on the side of 75+ year old men. But there is a lot more to consider than age or perceived concerns about cognitive and physical ability. That's why I think your beliefs and feelings are more important than you want to acknowledge because, just as with anybody else, that is what actually informs our individual voting decisions.

I will vote for a Weekend at Biden's version of Joe over anybody the republicans will nominate and I don't have a problem being clear about why that is. If you aren't willing to do the same, what's the actual point of this?

Last edited:
    I believe it would be a disaster for the Democratic party to allow Biden to run for reelection. His support has diminished, and many don't feel he has the mental capacity for another term, not to mention his performance so far has been below average at best. On the flip side of the coin I think it would be a similar disaster if the Republicans nominated Trump to run again. And if it's Biden vs Trump? Who knows. Personally I would be disappointed if those 2 were the party nominees. America has so much better to offer.

I believe it would be a disaster for the Democratic party to allow Biden to run for reelection. His support has diminished, and many don't feel he has the mental capacity for another term, not to mention his performance so far has been below average at best. On the flip side of the coin I think it would be a similar disaster if the Republicans nominated Trump to run again. And if it's Biden vs Trump? Who knows. Personally I would be disappointed if those 2 were the party nominees. America has so much better to offer.
    Finally. This post reflects a more mainstream viewpoint.
    It may not be in line with the common/frequent posters on this moderated forum....but when actual voting takes place we will see that President Biden has at best 40% support and we will also see that much of America agrees with the viewpoint of @Echo
    Biden's support might be lower than 40%. Time will tell.

Well, yes, it's about Biden, but it's also inherently about the person Biden is running against.

As in, you can't make an informed decision about whether or not Biden should run without also considering who the Republican opponent is, and who potential other Democrat options there are.

And if you ignore all of my other questions, just consider this one: How can it be God's will for you to vote for a third party candidate, if it is certain that it is not God's will for that candidate to win the election?
    The late Dr. Charles Stanley often preached this statement:
    "Just obey God and leave the consequences to Him"
    I did not watch this video but I used a Google Search engine to bring it up using the Dr. C. Stanley quote..

Finally. This post reflects a more mainstream viewpoint.
    It may not be in line with the common/frequent posters on this moderated forum....but when actual voting takes place we will see that President Biden has at best 40% support and much of America agrees with the viewpoint of @Echo
    It might be lower than 40%. Time will tell.

Enthusiasm for Biden was low in the last election.

The distinctions between the two parties have never been more clear, especially if the republican nominee is Trump or DeSantis. If Trump is the nominee, age and cognitive ability even out. If DeSantis is the nominee, it becomes a referendum on his leadership of Florida and whether a majority of Americans want that for the country.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom