SHOULD Biden run for a 2nd term? (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Biden has lost support from many people who voted for him in the past.
    He is getting up there in age.
    Here are a couple of sites I'd like to share...
    WHAT DO ANY OF YOU THINK?
    IS THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY BEST SERVED BY HAVING PRESIDENT BIDEN RUN FOR ANOTHER TERM OR WOULD A DIFFERENT CANDIDATE BE BETTER? :unsure:

The late Dr. Charles Stanley often preached this statement:
    "Just obey God and leave the consequences to Him"
    I did not watch this video but I used a Google Search engine to bring it up using the Dr. C. Stanley quote..

Anticipating your follow up...
    For ME it's not about "winning"...it's about obeying.
    I'll vote for a pro life candidate and leave the consequences up to God.

Anticipating your follow up...
    For ME it's not about "winning"...it's about obeying.
    I'll vote for a pro life candidate and leave the consequences up to God.

What does it mean to be pro-life?

If you think it means denying women access to potentially life-saving reproductive care, what is that Biblically based on?

What about all the things that Jesus actually spoke about that the GOP clearly ignores?

I think Biden has committed a 21st century American sin

He’s boring

I’m fine with that, I think he’s quietly getting things done

As much as he wanted? No

As much as we wanted? No

But he’s accomplished some things and if nothing else trying to return some semblance of political normalcy

The late Dr. Charles Stanley often preached this statement:
    "Just obey God and leave the consequences to Him"
    I did not watch this video but I used a Google Search engine to bring it up using the Dr. C. Stanley quote..

You're not obeying God. You're obeying Man. Specifically the men who told you that God wanted you to vote for pro-life candidates.

Also, you're leaving the consequences to the men who take advantage of and use your beliefs. They're not doing God's work, they're fulfilling their own self-interest.

What about all the things that Jesus actually spoke about that the GOP clearly ignores?
    Like, do they hate their family like Jesus says to?

Luke 14:26 “If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even their own life—such a person cannot be my disciple."

Do they give away their possessions to the poor?

Matthew 19:21 “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”
    (He seems to endorse welfare, which would be an argument to vote for Democrats, since Republicans are so hostile to it.)

Or do they castrate themselves like Jesus says to?

Matthew 19:12 "For there are eunuchs who were born that way, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others—and there are those who choose to live like eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it.”

Like, do they hate their family like Jesus says to?

Luke 14:26 “If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even their own life—such a person cannot be my disciple."

Are the family members liberals or gay or of a different religion?

The rest of that? Not a chance in make believe hell.

Back on the topic...

It's been acknowledged that his age is a concern but you want people to consider that in a vacuum and it just doesn't work that way.

Trump also has age and health concerns and both he and DeSantis have questions about their temperament and extreme ideologies and tactics. If there are any Republican candidates who try and put distance between themselves and the radical factions that have taken over the party, they probably won't make it far into the primaries and they certainly can't win the nomination. There isn't a path right now for a reasoned, moderate candidate on that side of the aisle.

I'm planning on voting for Biden and if for some reason he can't move ahead with his re-election campaign, I'll support whomever wins the Democrat's nomination. Just like you, my vote isn't up for grabs.

And I only made it about halfway through that video. Ari Fleischer is a longtime republican operative and paid shill - nothing unique about that - but he was enaging in exactly the same kind of biased editorializing of an event that he was accusing others in the media of doing. It's just noise.

Biden and Trump are both old and in Trump's case, he has physical signs and admitted lifestyle habits that indicate poor health.

You're not obeying God. You're obeying Man. Specifically the men who told you that God wanted you to vote for pro-life candidates.

Also, you're leaving the consequences to the men who take advantage of and use your beliefs. They're not doing God's work, they're fulfilling their own self-interest.

Einstein liked inventing phrases such as "God does not play dice," "The Lord is subtle but not malicious." On one occasion Bohr answered, "Einstein, stop telling God what to do."

I love how the these pro-life supporters always inject how they KNOW what god wants. If God doesn't want something, wouldn't he had easily not have it with his omnipotence? Can't kill the embryo even with Superman's heat rays. Much less as Bohr noted, we cannot know what God wants (if he/she/it truly exists). It's a lazy argument as there will be no other way as it is dictated by an almighty being. And note the "obedience" part. These people don't want free will or use their minds for critical thoughts. They long for authoritarianisms.

Enthusiasm for Biden was low in the last election.

The distinctions between the two parties have never been more clear, especially if the republican nominee is Trump or DeSantis. If Trump is the nominee, age and cognitive ability even out. If DeSantis is the nominee, it becomes a referendum on his leadership of Florida and whether a majority of Americans want that for the country.
    I’m going to push back on your statement that cognitive ability is even between Trump and Biden. It’s clearly not. Everyone who claims Biden has cognitive issues is just blowing smoke or wishcasting.

Trump clearly has issues, he cannot form a coherent thought to save his life. Just read any transcription of his remarks. (unscripted)

I think if Trump or DeSantis are nominated, there will be plenty of enthusiasm for Biden. And he will deserve it. His first term has been a success by just about any measure. He’s done very well. He represents normality, when most Rs represent extremism. The Republican Party as it currently sits is a threat to the continuation of America as a free country.

Fox news, same o same o. No credibility at all
    The video....as is typical with THIS Fox program highlights what OTHER Outlets are saying.
    Two people dismissed this because Fox is biased. Stated another way, the point of the Fox segment is to show how MOST of the media available to the US Public is biased toward the Democratic Party. They bend over backwards to downplay negative Biden stories.

I’m going to push back on your statement that cognitive ability is even between Trump and Biden. It’s clearly not. Everyone who claims Biden has cognitive issues is just blowing smoke or wishcasting.

Trump clearly has issues, he cannot form a coherent thought to save his life. Just read any transcription of his remarks. (unscripted)

I think if Trump or DeSantis are nominated, there will be plenty of enthusiasm for Biden. And he will deserve it. His first term has been a success by just about any measure. He’s done very well. He represents normality, when most Rs represent extremism. The Republican Party as it currently sits is a threat to the continuation of America as a free country.
    Clearly @MT15 you are sincere. You totally believe every word you composed. I like the way you carry yourself and respect you.
    That being said, I think you are viewing Biden with rose colored glasses.
    It is NOT "wishcasting" or "blowing smoke" to say our President is not what we'd hope he'd be.
    Don't inspire me to post Youtube videos.
    ......................I really don't want to do that.
    You know what. I'm gonna enjoy my weekend.
    Not gonna think about this until Monday or so.
    Have a great weekend everyone.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom