SHOULD Biden run for a 2nd term? (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Biden has lost support from many people who voted for him in the past.
    He is getting up there in age.
    Here are a couple of sites I'd like to share...
    WHAT DO ANY OF YOU THINK?
    IS THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY BEST SERVED BY HAVING PRESIDENT BIDEN RUN FOR ANOTHER TERM OR WOULD A DIFFERENT CANDIDATE BE BETTER? :unsure:

They are separate things.
    He has fallen or tripped 3 times that I have mentioned.
    There may be more?
    It would not take much for me to go on Youtube and post numerous examples of President Biden struggling to speak coherently.
    I'll NOT do that.
    THAT WOULD be beneath me.
    No one needs to take Kennedy or your thread host Steve seriously.
    I mention Kennedy because he is an announced candidate.
    I mention Jeffries because I feel he'd be far preferable to Biden.
    Yet I am asking Democrats to say would they would prefer.
    Thank you @MT15 for doing so.
    President Biden has a stutter. He’s had it his whole life. He has always had times where he stumbles over words. This isn’t cognitive, it’s a stutter. The only people claiming it is are propagandists who want to discredit him.

I also don’t really believe you would support Jeffries for President, but you think Biden is too liberal. 🤷‍♀️That just doesn’t track to me.

Well, he has been vocal in opposition to Trump from day one here and says he didn’t vote for him in 2020, so I have to give credit for that.

I just don’t think the problem is confined to Trump. I think you might agree that a lot of what is objectionable about the current Republican agenda has been lurking until it got supercharged by the Trump / McConnell hijacking of the judiciary and the rhetoric they’ve espoused. A person doesn’t have to like Trump or vote for him to have ideologically benefited from the ugliness he has engineered.

Christian conservatism is a big part of what is so loathsome and I don’t think Steve has run from that.

Last edited:
    President Biden has a stutter. He’s had it his whole life. He has always had times where he stumbles over words. This isn’t cognitive, it’s a stutter. The only people claiming it is are propagandists who want to discredit him.

I also don’t really believe you would support Jeffries for President, but you think Biden is too liberal. 🤷‍♀️That just doesn’t track to me.

He's going to vote for the GOP candidate no matter who he is. He's just a sealioning troll.

The hypothetical was and is: IF a Democrat was going to be elected in 2024, I'd sleep better at night if that Democrat was Jeffries rather than Biden.
    That's all I'm saying.

I just don’t think the problem is confined to Trump. I think you might agree that a lot of what is objectionable about the current Republican agenda has been lurking until it got supercharged by the Trump / McConnell hijacking of the judiciary and the rhetoric they’ve espoused. A person doesn’t have to like Trump or vote for him to have ideologically benefited from the ugliness he has engineered.

Christian conservatism is a big part of what is so loathsome and I don’t think Steve has run from that.
    Steve is a devout Christian.
    I am not running from Christ.
    Steve....the OP of this thread would be happy to exchange Personal Messages with you on the topic of Christianity.
    Yet this thread is not about Steve or your posted feeling regarding what you perceive as "loathsome".
    I will not be drawn into a conversation about that.
    This thread is about Biden.

I am genuinely seeking what YOU and EVERY Democrat think about my three options....and now I'm open for you to add a fourth or fifth option.
    When is anyone going to stop focusing on Steve(an independent who is NOT a Republican)...or redirecting the focus to the GOP and actually focus on Hakeem Jeffries?
    I'd feel better if Jeffries was the President....wouldn't you? :unsure:

Jefferies is less ready to be president than Obama was in my opinion.

Steve is a devout Christian.
    I am not running from Christ.
    Steve....the OP of this thread would be happy to exchange Personal Messages with you on the topic of Christianity.
    Yet this thread is not about Steve or your posted feeling regarding what you perceive as "loathsome".
    I will not be drawn into a conversation about that.
    This thread is about Biden.

The point is that you’re just another “Christian” conservative who is okay with policies that hurt women and marginalized groups. You aren’t voting for a Democrat and you aren’t suffering the setbacks of a Trump administration and the subsequent slide towards authoritarianism that the GOP has embraced.

I don’t care which fictitious candidate would help you sleep better at night at a time when the faith you profess has been the means to cause so many others so much harm.

We the People deserve better than an election between President Biden and D. Trump.
    Two other people running would be greatly appreciated by this independent poster.
    Ok, Mr. Independent voter.

If Trump was running against any democrat besides say Joe and Hillary, would you vote for the Democrat?

WHY do any of you care what I would do? I'm interested in learning what Democrats are thinking re. Biden.
    I am asking you what you would do in a hypothetical primary between Jeffries and Biden?
    Only one person has answered thus far.

WHY do any of you care what I would do?
    I am interested in honest conversation. You can’t call yourself an independent if you’d never consider the possibility of voting for a Democrat, even over the Republican candidate you claim to despise.

I am asking you what you would do in a hypothetical primary between Jeffries and Biden?
    I believe Biden has more experience than Jeffries, but perhaps the primaries could convince me otherwise. That’s what the primary process is for.

For now, my initial reaction is that I would vote for Biden over Jeffries.

I’ve answered your question. Now you answer mine. Would you vote for any random democrat over Trump?

If not, give up your “independent” fantasy and face facts. You’re a Republican who doesn’t like Trump, but when he’s the nominee, you’ll “hold your nose and pull the lever for him” because the thought of any democrat is worse.

WHY do any of you care what I would do? I'm interested in learning what Democrats are thinking re. Biden.

I answered, you just don’t like my answer.

This is a useless exercise to have with somebody who admittedly won’t vote for a Democrat, because it’s not about ideas and policies, it’s about your comfort.

I think 3 people have answered so far. Yet you won’t return the favor. We would just like an honest answer.

I’m honest in saying there isn’t a Republican I would consider voting for president so I’m not going to engage in hypotheticals about which Republican candidates I might prefer.

Yes I agree, my beliefs align with Tom Nichols (no liberal for sure) on this point. Rs must be voted out up and down the ballot until the party is purged of its extremism.

Yes I agree, my beliefs align with Tom Nichols (no liberal for sure) on this point. Rs must be voted out up and down the ballot until the party is purged of its extremism.

It’s not enough for somebody to claim they don’t like Trump if they’re otherwise willing to support the party he’s left in his wake.

I think 3 people have answered so far. Yet you won’t return the favor. We would just like an honest answer.
    I remember YOU said you would vote for Biden.
    What question would you like me to answer?
    Please state the question and for you I will give my best effort to answer candidly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom