SHOULD Biden run for a 2nd term? (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Biden has lost support from many people who voted for him in the past.
    He is getting up there in age.
    Here are a couple of sites I'd like to share...
    WHAT DO ANY OF YOU THINK?
    IS THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY BEST SERVED BY HAVING PRESIDENT BIDEN RUN FOR ANOTHER TERM OR WOULD A DIFFERENT CANDIDATE BE BETTER? :unsure:

No. I have consistently raised concerns about Biden age ever since I began posting.
    President Biden when asked if his age should be considered by the voters answered in part:
    "Just watch me"
    Somebody tripping over a sand bag that they don’t notice is hardly a sign of any cognitive issues. You can be concerned about his age, that’s fine. But when you say he has cognitive issues is when we know you‘re just repeating propaganda from the extremes.

She isn’t hedging her support, she’s just acknowledging that his age is a consideration for people. So is Trump’s, for that matter. She even says Biden isn’t getting the recognition he deserves for what he’s accomplished.

And she, and Biden, are right about the alternative. The GOP has fully embraced being the party of cruelty and Christofascism. I’ll vote for any Democrat over any Republican without reservation.
    Forget the GOP. Stay on the Topic of Is Biden the best Democratic nominee for Nov. 2024.
    Who will answer my earlier question?
    It's a valid question that is not garbage or beneath me. Let me state it in a superior manner...
    IF...if...if there was a primary for the Democratic nominee in 2024....and the choices were:
    Biden, Jeffries or Kennedy are most of you saying that given the choice of those three men, Biden would still be your choice?
    This is important.
    It's about the country...it's not about me.

No. I have consistently raised concerns about Biden age ever since I began posting.
    President Biden when asked if his age should be considered by the voters answered in part:
    "Just watch me"

Concerns about age shouldn't overrule concerns about policy. If you like what the Republicans have to offer, there isn't a Democrat you're voting for anyway. Just be honest about that.

"Christian" conservatism has to be defeated in this country. That bloc has shown that they cannot be entrusted with power. Biden is far and away a better alternative, at any age, to what the GOP represents.

Forget the GOP. Stay on the Topic of Is Biden the best Democratic nominee for Nov. 2024.
    It's a valid question that is not garbage or beneath me. Let me state it in a superior manner...
    IF...if...if there was a primary for the Democratic nominee in 2024....and the choices were:
    Biden, Jeffries or Kennedy are most of you saying that given the choice of those three men, Biden would still be your choice?
    This is important.

This won't be a battle of best nominees on either side if judged in the context of the quality of candidates that our society *should* be able to put forth. Youth doesn't erase the enormous problems with the Republican side.

If you're talking about Robert Kennedy Jr, he isn't a better alternative, nor is he a serious candidate, and I can't take you seriously if you believe him to be.

Concerns about age shouldn't overrule concerns about policy. If you like what the Republicans have to offer, there isn't a Democrat you're voting for anyway. Just be honest about that.

"Christian" conservatism has to be defeated in this country. That bloc has shown that they cannot be entrusted with power. Biden is far and away a better alternative, at any age, to what the GOP represents.
    This is not about me.
    I am not going to vote for a Democrat ....but who cares about me?
    I don't matter.
    A Democrat might be in the White House from 2024 to 2028.
    If that is the case, WHO should that Democrat BE?
    Biden, Jeffries, Kennedy? Someone else?
    Still hoping for answers rather than redirection.

This is not about me.
    I am not going to vote for a Democrat ....but who cares about me?
    I don't matter.
    A Democrat might be in the White House from 2024 to 2028.
    If that is the case, WHO should that Democrat BE?
    Biden, Jeffries, Kennedy? Someone else?
    Still hoping for answers rather than redirection.

Right, you aren't going to vote for a Democrat and so I ultimately don't care about your thoughts on who should or shouldn't be running on that side.

This won't be a battle of best nominees on either side if judged in the context of the quality of candidates that our society *should* be able to put forth. Youth doesn't erase the enormous problems with the Republican side.

If you're talking about Robert Kennedy Jr, he isn't a better alternative, nor is he a serious candidate, and I can't take you seriously if you believe him to be.
    I am genuinely seeking what YOU and EVERY Democrat think about my three options....and now I'm open for you to add a fourth or fifth option.
    When is anyone going to stop focusing on Steve(an independent who is NOT a Republican)...or redirecting the focus to the GOP and actually focus on Hakeem Jeffries?
    I'd feel better if Jeffries was the President....wouldn't you? :unsure:

Last edited:
    This is important.
    The fact that you think any sane democrat would vote for Kennedy tells me you don’t really understand what you are talking about.

Between those three I would vote for Biden. His foreign policy experience is unparalleled. He’s done a really good job. I like Jeffries, but he doesn’t yet have the wealth of experience Biden has.

Still waiting for any sort of acknowledgment that tripping over a sandbag doesn’t denote cognitive issues, Steve. I understand you don’t want to address the firebomb you just threw into this thread. But you said it. 🤷‍♀️

I am genuinely seeking what YOU and EVERY Democrat think about my three options....and now I'm open for you to add a fourth or fifth option.
    When is anyone going to stop focusing on Steve(an independent who is NOT a Republican)...or redirecting the focus to the GOP and actually focus on Hakeem Jeffries?
    I'd feel better if Jeffries was the President....wouldn't you? :unsure:

An "independent" who, by your own admission, won't vote for a Democrat. Given what I've picked up about you, you're a Christian conservative, whatever else you want to call yourself, though independent seems the least applicable outside of what you might have checked on a registration form. Independent. Lol.

Kennedy isn't a serious candidate and his reasons for running are more likely subversive than anything else.

I think Jeffries is a capable leader with a bright future but as far as I know, he won't be a candidate in the 2024 presidential race.

A while ago he said he was open to voting for any moderate candidate who would bring competence and respect back to the office. Well, we have that candidate and he spews hateful propaganda about him.

That’s all this is; disparage Biden so that as an “independent”, he can feel like he made some thoughtful decision to vote for whoever his opponent ends up being. We all know the mental gymnastics these voters have been putting themselves through since Trump emerged. It’s Trump’s party now and it’s rotten to the core. Nothing good is blooming out of that mess.

That’s all this is; disparage Biden so that as an “independent”, he can feel like he made some thoughtful decision to vote for whoever his opponent ends up being. We all know the mental gymnastics these voters have been putting themselves through since Trump emerged. It’s Trump’s party now and it’s rotten to the core. Nothing good is blooming out of that mess.
    Well, he has been vocal in opposition to Trump from day one here and says he didn’t vote for him in 2020, so I have to give credit for that.

Still waiting for any sort of acknowledgment that tripping over a sandbag doesn’t denote cognitive issues, Steve. I understand you don’t want to address the firebomb you just threw into this thread. But you said it. 🤷‍♀️
    Biden's inability to deplane....or ride a bike...or walk on a stage....and cognitive ability. They are separate things.
    He has (on camera) fallen or tripped 3 times that I have mentioned.
    There may be more?
    Re cognitive issues...It would not take much for me to go on Youtube and post over here numerous examples of President Biden struggling to speak coherently.
    I'll NOT do that.
    THAT WOULD be beneath me.
    No one needs to take Kennedy or this thread's host Steve seriously.
    I mentioned Kennedy because he is an announced candidate. He is Biden's opponent.
    I mentioned Jeffries because I feel he'd be far preferable to Biden.
    Yet I am asking Democrats to say would they would prefer.
    Thank you @MT15 for doing so.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom