SHOULD Biden run for a 2nd term? (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Biden has lost support from many people who voted for him in the past.
    He is getting up there in age.
    Here are a couple of sites I'd like to share...
    WHAT DO ANY OF YOU THINK?
    IS THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY BEST SERVED BY HAVING PRESIDENT BIDEN RUN FOR ANOTHER TERM OR WOULD A DIFFERENT CANDIDATE BE BETTER? :unsure:

I'm not really trying to convince you to feel differently than what you do about Biden. I'm not saying it's illogical, it's just not any type of conclusive proof that people keep claiming it is.

I didn’t expect that you were. I also don’t expect people to agree with my assessment or perception of his state. I think everyone sees it a little differently.

I mean, we can’t know for sure either way as I understand it because there are no cognitive tests applied to a candidate before they get into a presidential position or during, at least from my understanding.

When multiple anonymous reports about Biden declining mentally start coming out from his staff, maybe I'll start putting more stock into it.

But honestly, would any of his staff ever let that leak if it were the case? I’m sure they’d stop it nothing to keep that from getting out, no matter if your team red or blue. Maybe in the same way that Trump’s doctors only let out the most positive news and zero negative whenever he got Covid really bad several years back.

Until then it's mostly just a political attack/election narrative. None the less, it's one that can have a significant negative effect on the election for Biden. Especially since the reporting on it isn't equally as critical of Trump’s own mental acuity.

Ok…but Is there no middle ground? Can someone not critique and question their own candidates without extremes being assumed? In some ways, it reminds me of Republicans calling members of their own party “radical leftists” etc they refused to endorse or fully support all of Trump’s policies.

I’ve only ever voted Democrat myself, and though I don’t really align with most of the modern Democratic policies (more economic leftist than liberal), i’m not trying to attack Biden for the sake of political gain.

That’s not what the report said. That’s what liars are saying about it.
    From NBC's Ryan January 6th Reilly and Ken CIA Dialnian:

WASHINGTON — Special counsel Robert Hur has declined to prosecute President Joe Biden for his handling of classified documents but said in a report released Thursday that Biden’s practices “present serious risks to national security” and added that part of the reason he wouldn't charge Biden was that the president could portray himself as an "elderly man with a poor memory" who would be sympathetic to a jury.

WASHINGTON — Special counsel Robert Hur has declined to prosecute President Joe Biden for his handling of classified documents but said in a report released Thursday that Biden’s practices “present serious risks to national security” and added that part of the reason he wouldn't charge Biden was that the president could portray himself as an "elderly man with a poor memory" who would be sympathetic to a jury.
    That portion of Hur's report is gratuitous. Even if Biden was sharp as a tact, he still wouldn't be prosecuted. It was not necessary, and not determinative. Many other presidents have taken classified material home. THE reason he is not be prosecuted is because no president has ever, or would ever, be prosecuted for his actions. He didn't obstruct justice. That's why Trump is being prosecuted. That's THE BIG difference that justifies prosecuting Trump, and not Biden.

That doesn’t say what you said. You either have the worst reading comprehension in an adult that I have ever seen, or you are trolling. Which is it? I actually want you to answer this question, unlike every other question I ask you.

here is what you said: “If Biden can't be charged because he can't remember things, …”

The report says several things, but it never said that. Here are some things that were said.

First Biden can’t be charged because he is a sitting president. But according to the report he wouldn’t be charged even if he were not POTUS because there isn’t enough evidence to charge him.

Second, what he is saying there is that a jury would likely not convict because Biden would be a sympathetic defendant to a jury. Which is unprofessional to say because he already said this case would never be charged under any circumstances.

so, which is it? Did you misread the report or were you trolling?

The undeniable fact is that Biden is undergoing serious cognitive decline. This isn't up for any debate.
    The people who sincerely believe this don't appear to have watched someone go through the actual process of serious cognitive decline.

Tragically, I'm now dealing firsthand with my 6th loved one going through the agonizing years long process of cognitive decline.

Based on Biden's current publicly viewed behavior, it is more likely than not that Biden will not be seriously cognitively impaired for at least another 3 to 4 years.

Whereas based on Trump's current publicly viewed behavior, he's already on the cusp of being severely cognitively impaired and within around one or two years his orientation to people, place, time and situation will at best score a 2 out of 4, which is debilitating disorientation.

People are being fooled by the differences in physical differences between Trump and Biden. Those physical differences are being misinterpreted as indications of cognitive differences. Trump is not only show cognitive decline, but he's also showing personality based symptoms that are just now starting to differentiate from his normal personality issues.

I would bet everything I have that Biden could draw a circle, number it properly to make it a clock and then draw the hands to show a requested time. I have no doubts that Trump would struggle with it. Trump always rambled when talking, but he could hold a consistent logical through line. He has a hard time doing that anymore. His ramblings aren't just full of digressions any more. At times, they lack any coherent thought and it's getting noticeably worse by the month.

Alzheimer's deteriorates your memory first. Lewy Bodies deteriorates reasoning and logical ability first, especially spatial reasoning. Alzheimer's progresses slower than Lewy Bodies and if doctors mis-prescribe anti-depressants or anti-psychotics to someone with Lewy Bodies, it causes the person to experience symptoms similar to schizophrenia and makes them very suicidal. That's what happened to Robin Williams. He would have had several good years left had he not been misdiagnosed with depression and given anti-depressants.

If people are sincerely worried about cognitive decline in a presidential candidate, then Trump is the one that people should be the most worried about.

Cognitive decline and dementia are symptoms of several different possible diseases and injuries, much like a cough and a fever. Cognitive decline, dementia and the underlying physical conditions that cause cognitive decline and dementia are grossly misunderstood by most people, including some doctors unfortunately.

A little overview for anyone who is interested.

After having a loved one taken by Alzheimer's and another one by Lewy Bodies, I wrote a screenplay exclusively from the POV of someone suffering from an early onset, rapidly progressive dementia. I did exhaustive and gut wrenching research before writing the script. That's when I learned about all the myths and misconceptions most people have.

I recommend everyone get accurately informed on the subject, because there is an alarmingly steady rise in the percentage of people who get dementia and the onset keeps creeping downward in age.

Anyone who looks into it, please search for video interviews of people in the late-middle stages of dementia. People don't so much lose self-awareness as much as they lose the ability to understand and interact with the world around them and to focus their thoughts on what they want to focus on. That's dramatically illustrated in the very real and unexplained terminal lucidity that some experience.

Last edited:
    The people who sincerely believe this don't appear to have watched someone go through the process of someone actually undergoing serious cognitive decline.

I mentioned on the same page you quoted from that I have a dad dealing with Parkinsons right now. You might have missed that.

I think it's important in the interest of honest discussion not to conflate differences of opinion with lack of experience or knowledge.

Or, in the case of someone's similar comment earlier - assuming a nefarious political motive.

Last edited:
    I mentioned on the same page you quoted from that I have a dad dealing with Parkinsons right now.
    I'm sad for you that you are experiencing that with your father. FYI, recent studies show that Parkinsons disease and Lewy Body dementia may have the same root cause. It might be worth reading up to see if there is any new clinical trials or therapies that could help to ease what your father is going through.

I had not read your post about your father until after I quoted you or I would have acknowledged you as I'm doing now. I respond to posts as I read them.

As I mentioned in my post that you just quoted, I've personally dealt with 6 family members that went through different diseases, which included Alzheimer, Lewy Bodies, Frontotemporal and Vascular dementia. I also mentioned that I did exhaustive research into diseases that cause cognitive decline and dementia.

I think it's important not to conflate differences of opinion with lack of experience or knowledge
    That could be true if you actually stated an opinion. You did not do that, this is exactly how you lead off your discussion of this topic:

The undeniable fact is that Biden is undergoing serious cognitive decline. This isn't up for any debate.

I stand by my original statement that no one with actual experience would sincerely assert what you asserted. Perhaps you misstated what was just your opinion as though it was an absolute fact.

Or, in the case of someone's similar comment earlier - assuming a nefarious political motive
    Please point to anything in my post that has anything to do with accusations or implications of anyone having nefairous political motives.

I didn’t expect that you were. I also don’t expect people to agree with my assessment or perception of his state. I think everyone sees it a little differently.

I mean, we can’t know for sure either way as I understand it because there are no cognitive tests applied to a candidate before they get into a presidential position or during, at least from my understanding.

But honestly, would any of his staff ever let that leak if it were the case? I’m sure they’d stop it nothing to keep that from getting out, no matter if your team red or blue. Maybe in the same way that Trump’s doctors only let out the most positive news and zero negative whenever he got Covid really bad several years back.

Ok…but Is there no middle ground? Can someone not critique and question their own candidates without extremes being assumed? In some ways, it reminds me of Republicans calling members of their own party “radical leftists” etc they refused to endorse or fully support all of Trump’s policies.

I’ve only ever voted Democrat myself, and though I don’t really align with most of the modern Democratic policies (more economic leftist than liberal), i’m not trying to attack Biden for the sake of political gain.

I'm not sure why you got the impression that I think your beliefs and opinions are extreme on Biden. I don't. I think they're rational feelings and have no problem with people questioning or critiquing Biden.

I do think the current hysteria over Biden's age is media driven. Literally, the only difference between 2 days ago and today is a report. But that's just how I feel about it.

I do think it would come out if Biden's staff were truly concerned about his mental capacity. White Houses are like sieves for gossip like that. Anonymously, of course.

I mentioned on the same page you quoted from that I have a dad dealing with Parkinsons right now. You might have missed that.

I think it's important in the interest of honest discussion not to conflate differences of opinion with lack of experience or knowledge.

Or, in the case of someone's similar comment earlier - assuming a nefarious political motive.

It's moot whether Biden is actually suffering "serious cognitive decline", whatever that may be... the problem is, people will believe "cognitive decline" is some sort of serious medical condition Biden is suffering, and will either abstain from voting or waste their vote on a 3rd party candidate, while Republicans will vote for Trump no matter what.

Yes, Biden is old... yes, he forgets things... but i happens to everyone. I bet if you had cameras trained on you most of the day, if we go through the footage, we'll find a few slips ups here and there.

I don't agree with the statement that perception is reality. I know that a popular saying, but perception is perception and reality is reality. I think part of the reason we're in such a poor state as an electorate is that people let their basis filter their perceptions and distort reality. We really need to fight against that.

I don't really know that proof can be determined that way. It would be video evidence that Biden's older, but not that he's in mental decline. Also, in doing that you'd probably be ignoring ample evidence that he isn't in any cognitive decline.

Aside from that, I don't disagree with the rest of your post.

I think that if you look at Bidens accomplisments - even with a dead and destructive house - and not on his slow movements or the speech impediments he has had all his life, and which makes him speak slower and more carefully most of the time, then you can see that he is definitely NOT senile or diminished in any important way that count. The real problem is as mentioned earlier - Perception. A lot of people do not separate "perception" from facts, They rather have a slick car salesman who promisses the moon and delivers nothing than a hard working professional who is giving up his final years in service of his country and trying to build a better future for everyone

Hi Everyone!
    This article is a bit lengthy, but I'll preview it for you. It states things like:
    Prominent Democratic leadership (as of now) are NOT calling for Biden to step down.
    It would be difficult to replace him at this stage of the game
    It is NOT IMPOSSIBLE though....the details of how it could unfold are provided

Hi Everyone!
    This article is a but lengthy, but I'll preview for you that it states things like:
    Prominent Democratic leadership (as of now) are not calling for Biden to step down.
    It would be difficult to replace him at this stage of the game
    It is NOT IMPOSSIBLE though....the details of how it could unfold are provided

Any other candidate will give the election to Trump. But you already know that. Keep trying :)

I think that Democrats probably already have a contingency plan in place to replace him. Let's not kid ourselves.

If I'm Biden's staff, I'm pretty sure you're well past worrying about the presidential debates.

The question is: What is your winning strategy right now if you are the Democrats? I feel you are stuck between a rock and a hard place...Biden's poll numbers are
    poor and getting worse...folks are going to be questioning his mental acuity at every press conference. Foreign policy, inflation and failed promises are top of mind.
    I don't know right now what Democrats can do to improve their situation other than 'Trump is worse'. Of course he is. But that may fall on deaf ears..

For the Republicans, it seems like their chances are on the uptick although they still have massive problems of their own. It seems that the mountain of legal threats that face the clearly criminal Trump are not having much of an effect on GOP voters. I don't think the upcoming SCOTUS ruling will rule in Colorado's favor on that. If you're the Trump GOP, you are running full force the narrative that Biden is old, ineffective and trying to force 'radical liberal' policies (blithering nonsense six ways to sunday, but it works on folks).

Sigh...
    I'm not exactly sure about the level of severity of his cognitive decline but yeah, he is clearly diminished from his time as VP.

I've done this before but I went back and watched a little bit of a speech he gave in 2014 compared to now and it's.. quite a difference.

I will vote for Biden over Trump 11 out of ten times.. but we really shouldn't be doing this.

Why would people concerned about Biden's aging situation prefer Biden to Newsom? Why?
    Because Newsom has plenty of skeletons in his closet on his own and not the same achievement history as Biden has. Biden has proven that he can deliver. Newsom is still a fairly blank card outside of California and if the democratic party were changing candidates to a fairly unknown on the national scale less than a year out from the election, then the chance of another Trump presidency would increase. Why do you think so many republicans keep pushing other candidates. Because Biden has the best chance of actually beating Trump - That why.

As things stands now - I actually think that Harris would be a better option than Newsom, except for the fact that she is female and not "white". The magas would get a stroke if that came to happen, They still havent overcome the fact that Obama was elected. Sadly I think that precisely that would keep her from winning, even though aside from Biden himself - she would probably be the most qualified candidate with a great connection to young people on top

Because Newsom has plenty of skeletons in his closet on his own and not the same achievement history as Biden has. Biden has proven that he can deliver. Newsom is still a fairly blank card outside of California and if the democratic party were changing candidates to a fairly unknown on the national scale less than a year out from the election, then the chance of another Trump presidency would increase. Why do you think so many republicans keep pushing other candidates. Because Biden has the best chance of actually beating Trump - That why.

As things stands now - I actually think that Harris would be a better option than Newsom, except for the fact that she is female and not "white". The magas would get a stroke if that came to happen, They still havent overcome the fact that Obama was elected. Sadly I think that precisely that would keep her from winning, even though aside from Biden himself - she would probably be the most qualified candidate with a great connection to young people on top
    Yet let me take Newsom out then.
    For 2.5 years I've been saying that America is wrong to be heading toward a Nov. 2024 showdown between Biden who is too old....and Trump who is also old and has more negatives to him then I have time to list here.
    Why didn't the Ds move behind the scenes to prevent Biden from running again?
    Why did the GOP deteriorate to what in reality is the MAGA Party and why isn't someone under 77 years old gonna be on the ballot?
    I just cant stand this.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom