SHOULD Biden run for a 2nd term? (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Biden has lost support from many people who voted for him in the past.
    He is getting up there in age.
    Here are a couple of sites I'd like to share...
    WHAT DO ANY OF YOU THINK?
    IS THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY BEST SERVED BY HAVING PRESIDENT BIDEN RUN FOR ANOTHER TERM OR WOULD A DIFFERENT CANDIDATE BE BETTER? :unsure:

Yet let me take Newsom out then.
    For 2.5 years I've been saying that America is wrong to be heading toward a Nov. 2024 showdown between Biden who is too old....and Trump who is also old and has more negatives to him then I have time to list here.
    Why didn't the Ds move behind the scenes to prevent Biden from running again?
    Why did the GOP deteriorate to what in reality is the MAGA Party and why isn't someone under 77 years old gonna be on the ballot?
    I just cant stand this.

Because Biden proved that he delivered. He took over a country in chaos following jan 6th. A country still strugling with a mishandled pandemic. Then russia invaded Ukraine and the world economy took a hit when russia was sanctioned and one of the worlds largest foodproducers became the battleground for the new war in Europe. Then when the economy got fixed and Biden - after the lesson learned during pandemic started rebuilding and bringing back vital productions like chips and semiconductors to the US focusing on improving the supply situation caused by both the war and the pandemic. Then the Hamas/Israel war started. Biden has been handling one crises after another from day 1

Even a much younger man would have been exhausted by his schedule. How could the dems move behind the scenes while Biden was putting out fires all over the place constantly. All total Biden has done an exceptionally good job

Because Biden proved that he delivered. He took over a country in chaos following jan 6th. A country still strugling with a mishandled pandemic. Then russia invaded Ukraine and the world economy took a hit when russia was sanctioned and one of the worlds largest foodproducers became the battleground for the new war in Europe. Then when the economy got fixed and Biden - after the lesson learned during pandemic started rebuilding and bringing back vital productions like chips and semiconductors to the US focusing on improving the supply situation caused by both the war and the pandemic. Then the Hamas/Israel war started. Biden has been handling one crises after another from day 1

Even a much younger man would have been exhausted by his schedule. How could the dems move behind the scenes while Biden was putting out fires all over the place constantly.
    None of the other candidates has Biden’s foreign policy experience. I don’t think any of them could have rallied NATO as effectively as Biden did. I’m happy overall with the effort. Especially on the economy. Almost every single economist said we would have to have a recession to get inflation under control. That would mean millions upon millions losing their jobs. Biden didn’t believe that and he has been proven right.

Plus for an old man whose speech is slower these days, he keeps getting the better of the Rs in Congress. They look like fools over this border issue. They looked like fools when they negotiated the debt ceiling with him.

He’s fine, mentally.

Even a much younger man would have been exhausted by his schedule. How could the dems move behind the scenes while Biden was putting out fires all over the place constantly. All total Biden has done an exceptionally good job
    NBC News has now more than once posted stories focusing on America's increasing concern over how Biden is making gaffes...and how Americans are watching Biden with concern relating to how he is aging.
    I think this will snowball and other D / left leani
    ng media will also be forced to focus on this as well.
    It WAS something that people could have seen coming.
    Now the perception is that Trump is aging better and might beat Biden.
    Trump should not be allowed in the White House....and frankly Biden may have done a good job in YOUR opinio....but he should be done now. He....should!

NBC News has now more than once posted stories focusing on America's increasing concern over how Biden is making gaffes...and how Americans are watching Biden with concern relating to how he is aging.
    I think this will snowball and other D / left leani
    ng media will also be forced to focus on this as well.
    It WAS something that people could have seen coming.
    Now the perception is that Trump is aging better and might beat Biden.
    Trump should not be allowed in the White House....and frankly Biden may have done a good job in YOUR opinio....but he should be done now. He....should!
    NBC is just click baiting. Nobody who actually listens to Trump speak can possibly think he is aging better than Biden. He’s very nearly incoherent. He said last night that if he loses Pennsylvania will cease to exist because “they” will make it change names. He also said he saw someone shoplift a refrigerator.

Everyone is making gaffes. Even the younger members of congress. Most of this is ageism. People focus on his age - not his deeds. Trump is not aging better than Biden. Biden is in shape while Trump is visually declining in front of our eyes. The Press wants clicks and stories. Outrage creates both.

Everyone is making gaffes. Even the younger members of congress. Most of this is ageism. People focus on his age - not his deeds. Trump is not aging better than Biden. Biden is in shape while Trump is visually declining in front of our eyes. The Press wants clicks and stories. Outrage creates both.
    They are both visually on the decline. I wouldn't make the argument that Trump is cognitively any or much better than Biden.. especially considering that his baseline is to be a forking crazy person.. but this is just a reality the Biden campaign is going to have to deal with because - at least to some of us - it's fairly obvious that for varying reasons neither one of them should be running the country in 2025 (and again, I say that as someone who is absolutely voting for Biden).

NBC is just click baiting. Nobody who actually listens to Trump speak can possibly think he is aging better than Biden. He’s very nearly incoherent. He said last night that if he loses Pennsylvania will cease to exist because “they” will make it change names. He also said he saw someone shoplift a refrigerator.
    Wow. I never listen to Trump. No desire to do so.

It's beyond ridiculous for yall to claim that Biden’s cognitive decline is just gaffes like the examples you are using of other people.

I'm guessing yall don't believe that and you feel politically that you have to say that to hopefully minimize the damage to Biden.

It's completely obvious that Biden has cognitive decline and the voters see it as well.

Three-quarters of voters, including half of Democrats, say they have concerns about President Joe Biden’s mental and physical health, according to the latest national NBC News poll.

That could be true if you actually stated an opinion. You did not do that, this is exactly how you lead off your discussion of this topic:

I can agree that I should've rephrased it as an opinion rather than a statement of truth. Saying "it's my opinion that Biden is undergoing some level of serious cognitive decline" would have been a better choice.

I guess in my head it was a strong opinion, having been a pretty hardcore Obama/Biden voter in the past and seeing the difference in his mental acuity now vs. 7 years ago. To me, there's a clear problem that isn't just 'being an old man'. My grandfather was as mentally sharp as a tack until he died of a heart attack at 82. Biden just isn't there - or at least not consistently.

I stand by my original statement that no one with actual experience would sincerely assert what you asserted. Perhaps you misstated what was just your opinion as though it was an absolute fact.

Do you still stand by this statement after reading how my comment should've been reworded to read as an opinion rather than fact?

Here's the thing: I understand from a personal level what connotations 'serious' and 'cognitive decline' hold. They may not be to your level, or someone with less or more experience than both of our levels. That's life and people making assessments of other people are going to be subjective.

That's part of why I've not said anything for a long time about my perception of Biden's mental state. I wanted to be more careful before asserting that there was any pattern. But having had experience with people like my father who have started into a spiral of cognitive difficulties (not saying it is the same condition), the similarities of behavior are such that from my perspective - yeah, they do very much seem to indicate cognitive decline.

We can bicker about it and accuse each other of x and y ad nauseam, but how do any of us actually know from a medical perspective? Doesn't seem like we can.

Thank you for the information on Parkinson's therapy & research trials - we've looked into this for several years and are still wayfinding at this point.

It's moot whether Biden is actually suffering "serious cognitive decline", whatever that may be...

Yeah, neither I or anyone here knows the extent of it.

But let's say it is a serious issue - is it a moot issue for the POTUS to be in that state?

They aren't gaffes for Biden. It's cognitive decline from dementia. Do those younger members of Congress also walk around like they don't know where they are or have to be led around like a 2 year old?

Trump isn't someone that would be considered in good health for his age, but it's laughable that you say Biden is aging better than Trump. There's no way you actually believe that.

Ageism? Come on

Look who's ready to be called on...

She's already got the new made up story about Trump. Russiagate 2.0. Get ready. It's not a pee tape. It's a poop tape and it's Hitler that Trump is colluding with.

Look who's ready to be called on...

She's already got the new made up story about Trump. Russiagate 2.0. Get ready. It's not a pee tape. It's a poop tape and it's Hitler that Trump is colluding with.

Your obsession with Hillary Clinton is going to be life long, isn't it. You should get some help for that

Your obsession with Hillary Clinton is going to be life long, isn't it. You should get some help for that
    Why would Hillary of all people say it's a legitimate issue?

Why didn't she do what all yall have done and lie through your teeth by saying Biden is fine?

Yeah, neither I or anyone here knows the extent of it.

But let's say it is a serious issue - is it a moot issue for the POTUS to be in that state?

Which cognitive state would you prefer in the WH? Biden's or Trump's?

I prefer Biden's, and not necessarily for his cognitive state, but for the cognitive state of his cabinet.

Are you going to waste your vote either by not voting or voting 3rd party, because of Biden's cognitive state, in an election that should be about not letting Trump into the WH again ?

Which cognitive state would you prefer in the WH? Biden's or Trump's?

I prefer Biden's, and not necessarily for his cognitive state, but for the cognitive state of his cabinet.

Are you going to waste your vote either by not voting or voting 3rd party, because of Biden's cognitive state, in an election that should be about not letting Trump into the WH again ?

I’m not voting Biden, but my vote is a “waste” as I live in an overwhelmingly Republican state. It won’t be close.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom