SHOULD Biden run for a 2nd term? (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Biden has lost support from many people who voted for him in the past.
    He is getting up there in age.
    Here are a couple of sites I'd like to share...
    WHAT DO ANY OF YOU THINK?
    IS THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY BEST SERVED BY HAVING PRESIDENT BIDEN RUN FOR ANOTHER TERM OR WOULD A DIFFERENT CANDIDATE BE BETTER? :unsure:

I'm in the same position as you here in Texas, but I'm still voting for Biden.
    Honestly I'm probably in the same situation in Florida with how the state has shifted over the years but.. I just can't not vote against Trump, and the only way to do THAT is to vote for Biden. It just is what it is.

To sort of echo @UncleTrvlingJim from an earlier post.. in more rational times I'd be willing to vote third party and "throw my vote away," because I really don't like much of anything that anyone's selling to me, it's all a bunch of bullshirt.. that said, there's still a clear distinction between Trump and Biden and I feel left with no other choice than to vote for Biden.

I’m not voting Biden, but my vote is a “waste” as I live in an overwhelmingly Republican state. It won’t be close.
    In 2020, only 69% of Utah voters voted. How many of that 31% that didn't vote do you think didn't vote Democrat because they thought their vote was wasted voting for a Democrat?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but Hurr's report wasn't written to be public. Obviously Garland had to release it because he had previously promised to and it would have made the situation worse if they didn't release it.

Posting an article with a recent quote from her isn't obsessing.
    You post from garbage media. And “corporate” media at that. The NY Post is known to twist things and actually make shirt up to suit their agenda. Post from a legitimate source or it’s just bull shirt.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but Hurr's report wasn't written to be public. Obviously Garland had to release it because he had previously promised to and it would have made the situation worse if they didn't release it.
    Do you read what you write? If it was obvious that it had to be released, then Hur would have known that when writing it. Unless you think he's a moron.

Which cognitive state would you prefer in the WH? Biden's or Trump's?

I prefer Biden's, and not necessarily for his cognitive state, but for the cognitive state of his cabinet.

Are you going to waste your vote either by not voting or voting 3rd party, because of Biden's cognitive state, in an election that should be about not letting Trump into the WH again ?

Yup, great point and exactly the way I feel. It's not just the president it's the folks that work under him/her as well....I feel tons better with Biden's backup than I do with a Trump presidency which could potentially end our democracy.....

Honestly I'm probably in the same situation in Florida with how the state has shifted over the years but.. I just can't not vote against Trump, and the only way to do THAT is to vote for Biden. It just is what it is.

To sort of echo @UncleTrvlingJim from an earlier post.. in more rational times I'd be willing to vote third party and "throw my vote away," because I really don't like much of anything that anyone's selling to me, it's all a bunch of bullshirt.. that said, there's still a clear distinction between Trump and Biden and I feel left with no other choice than to vote for Biden.
    Mississippi here and in the same boat. feel the same way. I'm not particularly fond of Biden and the Democratic party.
    I'm scared shirtless at the potential of Trump serving a second term. Like you, I will be voting for Biden for that reason only.

First lady Jill Biden has expressed disbelief that the author of the US justice department’s report clearing her husband of criminal charges over his handling of classified documents prior to his presidency would invoke the death of the couple’s son “to score political points”.

“Believe me, like anyone who has lost a child, Beau and his death [in 2015] never leave him,” she wrote late Saturday in an email to donors supporting Joe Biden’s re-election campaign, days after special counsel Robert Hur’s report asserted that the president could not remember when his and Jill Biden’s son died.

“If you’ve experienced a loss like that, you know that you don’t measure it in years – you measure it in grief. … So many of you know that feeling after you lose a loved one, where you feel like you can’t get off the floor. What helped me, and what helped Joe, was to find purpose. That’s what keeps Joe going, serving you and the country we love.”

The first lady, with her email, joined a chorus of critics who have condemned Hur for dedicating large portions of his report – which failed to produce an indictment – to Biden’s age and purportedly fading memory. That was “flatly inconsistent with longstanding [justice department] traditions”, former US attorney general Eric Holder said of Hur’s report.……

“Joe is 81, that’s true, but he’s 81 doing more in an hour than most people do in a day,” said Jill Biden, 72. “Joe has wisdom, empathy and vision.

“He’s learned a lot in those 81 years. His age, with his experience and expertise, is an incredible asset and he proves it every day.”……

How can anyone vote for this man? This is why I'm very scared about him winning a second term.

Mississippi here and in the same boat. feel the same way. I'm not particularly fond of Biden and the Democratic party.
    I'm scared shirtless at the potential of Trump serving a second term. Like you, I will be voting for Biden for that reason only.

I've mentioned this before, but in the prior election, Biden wasn't my first choice. Or second. Or third. I can also say that I am surprised he accomplished as much as he did. There have been unavoidable obstructionists, like (R), and Manchin, and Sinema, so with that in mind, it is even more impression he accomplished as much as he did. I would certainly like someone other than octogenarians running the country though, for me it is a mental perspective that a younger generation might (in theory) have. This election it was a given he would not have much (legit/real) competition to push him though.

In 2020, only 69% of Utah voters voted. How many of that 31% that didn't vote do you think didn't vote Democrat because they thought their vote was wasted voting for a Democrat?

Not sure. I've already stated why I'm not voting for the guy.

It seems the strategy/attitude of many democrats has become some variance of this: 'Option A is so horrible that you would be a moron, you love fascism, you hate (insert group here) so you MUST vote for our Option B...And BTW we're not listening to ANY of your policies and we refuse to negotiate anything on our side'

That's not how it works, nor should it be.

This idea that it's the fault of the voter -- NOT the fault of a party or candidate when that party or candidate loses to an open fascist is mind-boggling.

Not sure. I've already stated why I'm not voting for the guy.

It seems the strategy/attitude of many democrats has become some variance of this: 'Option A is so horrible that you would be a moron, you love fascism, you hate (insert group here) so you MUST vote for our Option B...And BTW we're not listening to ANY of your policies and we refuse to negotiate anything on our side'

That's not how it works, nor should it be.

This idea that it's the fault of the voter -- NOT the fault of a party or candidate when that party or candidate loses to an open fascist is mind-boggling.

I don't really think of it as "the fault of the voters", but voters do need to understand what's at stake in an election. And they need to ask themselves of their objections to Option B candidate is worth what's at stake with the election of Option A candidate.

You're never going to get everything you want a candidate to be. Every candidate is going to have positions or actions you don't agree with. When it's only 2 candidates with an actual chance a winning an election, it's necessary to make that comparison in your evaluation of the candidates.

You can blame Democrats, the DNC, the incumbent advantage or whoever else you want for Biden being the Democrats nominee, and you may very well feel righteous in your truth. But the fact remains that Biden is the Democrat's current nominee. If enough people make the same decision, we'll have Trump as our president. That's just the reality of it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom