SHOULD Biden run for a 2nd term? (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Biden has lost support from many people who voted for him in the past.
    He is getting up there in age.
    Here are a couple of sites I'd like to share...
    WHAT DO ANY OF YOU THINK?
    IS THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY BEST SERVED BY HAVING PRESIDENT BIDEN RUN FOR ANOTHER TERM OR WOULD A DIFFERENT CANDIDATE BE BETTER? :unsure:

Democracy died when the national security state convinced politicians to fabricate an illegal war in Iraq under false pretenses of Saddam having WMD's. We need a complete reboot in the USA, Democrats and Republicans need to be thrown away and a party that is willing to actually fix a number of crisis needs to rise from its ashes. The new government needs strict term limits, preventing those elected from earning any money outside of their salaries. Housing crisis, wages, proper healthcare, a massive reform of family and tax laws.

Public service should be annoying, it should never be a cushy job that someone wants to do for decades and then leave as millionaires. The ardent cult of left vs right is dooming this country.
    While I sympathize, easier said than done.

Who orchestrated the invasion of Iraq based on lies? The GOP. Who did not stand up to this for fear of losing their seats? The Democrats.

Would we be better off today if all the most liberal members of Congress were thrown out? Hell no. And btw, the GOP is dead, Would we be better off with Emperor Trump and a MAGA Congress? I shudder to think about it. See the threat as it stands today. Unless you really want to have a complete breakdown, maybe a civil war, the Democrats at this point in time are the best you have to work with and win elections.

Btw, I’m not a Democrat, but by today’s litmus, I am a liberal, although I used to be labeled a moderate. That’s how far the scale has slid. 🤔

It's not going to happen... it'll be Biden. What he should have done was start grooming 3-4 potential candidates the day he took office and built them up. In fact that's what all these extremely old politicians should have been doing for decades now -- but the Baby Boomer grip on power is nothing if not impressive. But it didn't happen, so we're stuck with this.

Biden's not fit to stand trial now? :smilielol:

Sure, sure.

I don't know, there seems to be an argument there at least from what special counsel Robert Hur said.

He was found to have 'willfully retained and and disclosed highly classified information', but because he cooperated and 'would be guilty to convict' (does this imply unfit to stand trial?) they did not convict him.

Hur also said he was a "well-meaning, elderly man with a poor memory".

Last edited:
    Deja vu !
    (No stutter....just another weird error)
    It just keeps happening with ever increasing frequency.
    Please everyone...please urge him to step aside and let Gavin Newsom run instead.
    Please.

I don't know, there seems to be an argument there at least from what special counsel Robert Hur said.

He was found to have 'willfully retained and and disclosed highly classified information', but because he cooperated and 'would be guilty to convict' (does this imply unfit to stand trial?) they did not convict him.

Hur also said he was a "well-meaning, elderly man with a poor memory".

I'm taking the report that Hur issued about as useful as a burned stack of papers. The only thing that mattered in that report is that he wasn't bringing charges. The rest of it just reads as a political hit job. He made it to obvious as to what he wanted to accomplish with writing his report.

I know Biden forgets or misremembers things from time to time. He's 80, that's not the least bit surprising. I do the same at 48, although likely not as much or as notable as Biden does given the scrutiny he's under. Regardless, it's never led me to believe that Biden isn't in is right mind or losing the ability to mentally process information of make important decisions for the county.

Having said all of that, the attacks on Biden over his mental acuity are never going to stop. He needs to seriously consider if he wants to constantly deal with that for next 4 years.

Last edited:
    The undeniable fact is that Biden is undergoing serious cognitive decline. This isn't up for any debate.

I think that Democrats probably already have a contingency plan in place to replace him. Let's not kid ourselves.

If I'm Biden's staff, I'm pretty sure you're well past worrying about the presidential debates.

The question is: What is your winning strategy right now if you are the Democrats? I feel you are stuck between a rock and a hard place...Biden's poll numbers are
    poor and getting worse...folks are going to be questioning his mental acuity at every press conference. Foreign policy, inflation and failed promises are top of mind.
    I don't know right now what Democrats can do to improve their situation other than 'Trump is worse'. Of course he is. But that may fall on deaf ears..

For the Republicans, it seems like their chances are on the uptick although they still have massive problems of their own. It seems that the mountain of legal threats that face the clearly criminal Trump are not having much of an effect on GOP voters. I don't think the upcoming SCOTUS ruling will rule in Colorado's favor on that. If you're the Trump GOP, you are running full force the narrative that Biden is old, ineffective and trying to force 'radical liberal' policies (blithering nonsense six ways to sunday, but it works on folks).

Sigh...

The undeniable fact is that Biden is undergoing serious cognitive decline. This isn't up for any debate.

I disagree. There is no undeniable proof of that. It is easily deniable. The truth or facts isn't what's driving questions of his mental acuity, it's all perception.

But I also don't think it matters. People on both sides have decided what they want to believe. Biden isn't going to convince people that have already decided that he is senile, that he isn't.

People who think Biden is senile or has dementia just don’t know what they are talking about. I’m sorry but there really isn’t any other way to put it. They don’t know what senility or dementia are, or they are pushing a political agenda. If they had ever had to deal with actual senility or dementia, they wouldn’t those words around so cavalierly.

I'm taking the report that Hur issued about as useful as a burned stack of papers. The only thing that mattered in that report is that he wasn't bringing charges. The rest of it just reads as a political hit job. He made it to obvious as to what he wanted to accomplish with writing his report.

I really don't know. Hur was nominated by Merrick Garland who is considered by many to be moderate, even somewhat 'liberal' in some cases.

What part of it reads as a political hit job? I'm not saying that couldn't be the case, but I also wouldn't immediately assume that myself.

I now Biden forgets or misremembers things from time to time. He's 80, that's not the least bit surprising. I do the same at 48, although likely not as much or as notable as Biden does given the scrutiny he's under. Regardless, it's never led me to believe that Biden isn't in is right mind or losing the ability to mentally process information of make important decisions for the county.

I'm going by what I've seen during Biden's speeches over the last year or so, including several gaffes recently. It's not just 'here and there'. It's more and more prevalent. There is clear and undeniable reason to be concerned with and questioning his cognitive state.

Even people under intense scrutiny don't usually ever exhibit verbal blunders at this level. It makes sense.

Again, this isn't propaganda or simply seeing things in a different way. It's observed behavior of Biden's speeches. He clearly often struggles cognitively to recall and convey information at a basic level.

Having said all of that, the attacks on Biden over his mental acuity are never going to stop. He needs to seriously consider if he wants to constantly deal with that for next 4 years.

Of course they aren't. But ultimately it isn't about what Biden "wants to deal with", or shouldn't be.

Just exclude Republican voters for a minute - a significant number of Democrats are concerned about Biden's cognitive issues, so it's definitely an issue on the forefront for voters now.

Biden’s age and fitness top the list of voters’ concerns, poll finds - February 6, 2024
    Three-quarters of voters, including half of Democrats, say they have concerns about President Joe Biden’s mental and physical health, according to the latest national NBC News poll.

That compares with 61% of voters who have concerns about former President Donald Trump’s multiple felony charges and less than half of voters who have concerns about his mental and physical health.

“I think that [Biden’s] health and age kind of get in the way of his ability to be a good president of the United States,” said a female Democratic poll respondent from Wisconsin, who said she voted for Biden in 2020. She declined to share her name.

I disagree. There is no undeniable proof of that. It is easily deniable. The truth or facts isn't what's driving questions of his mental acuity, it's all perception.

There's also no 'undeniable' proof of the inverse. So when you say it's 'easily deniable', it's simply an opinion. Just as my statement is an opinion.

Do you disagree with that as well?

But I also don't think it matters. People on both sides have decided what they want to believe. Biden isn't going to convince people that have already decided that he is senile, that he isn't.

That's true, for the most part at least.

It applies to myself, you, and everyone posting on this board right now. A good thing to remember.

People who think Biden is senile or has dementia just don’t know what they are talking about. I’m sorry but there really isn’t any other way to put it. They don’t know what senility or dementia are, or they are pushing a political agenda. If they had ever had to deal with actual senility or dementia, they wouldn’t those words around so cavalierly.

It's hard to tell who you're talking about specifically if you don't use the quote control - just FYI.

Clearly you'd be constructing a straw man if it was in response to my recent comment's about Biden's physical state, as I never claimed he had dementia.

But maybe that isn't to whom you're responding to?

I would agree generally that those throwing around those terms you mentioned would seem to have a political agenda, though. Both probably read as pejoratives. I've only ever said I have observed that he appears to be undergoing some discernible level of cognitive decline based on what I've observed. Having also been a caretaker for the elderly for many years and having a dad undergoing similar issues (though his is distinctly related to Parkinson's) it's more about what I'm seeing and less about any agenda.

Last edited:
    There's also no 'undeniable' proof of the inverse. So when you say it's 'easily deniable', it's simply an opinion. Just as my statement is an opinion.

Do you disagree with that as well?

Not really, given that the burden of proof is usually on the person/group making the claim. I think it's evident that Biden isn't as sharp as he was 10 years ago, but video of him forgetting things isn't evidence of any sever mental decline to the point that he can't handle his job as president. It's also not proof that he won't be able to do it for the next 4/5 years. Regardless, I understand why it's something people are concerned about.

But I don't weigh that factor any worse for Biden than I do for Trump. If anything, Trump to me is in a steeper decline and takes care of himself less than Biden does.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom