SHOULD Biden run for a 2nd term? (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Biden has lost support from many people who voted for him in the past.
    He is getting up there in age.
    Here are a couple of sites I'd like to share...
    WHAT DO ANY OF YOU THINK?
    IS THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY BEST SERVED BY HAVING PRESIDENT BIDEN RUN FOR ANOTHER TERM OR WOULD A DIFFERENT CANDIDATE BE BETTER? :unsure:

A true story that just took place at 7:30pm.
    Background to the story:
    Tonight we are celebrating our daughter's 22nd birthday.
    Nov. 20th.
    I leave the room for a moment and when I come back my daughter says:
    Daughter: "Hey Dad, guess what famous person has the same birthday as me?
    Me: "Taylor Swift?"
    Daughter: "No even worse than that"
    Me: "I give up....just tell me"
    Daughter: "Joe Biden"
    Me, my wife, our daughter: "Uggg!" :huh:
    Daddy's girl.....not a fan of Joe Biden :cool:

Background to the story:
    Nov. 20th.
    can't change a birthday. and i bet if you dig, you'll find more famous people you don't like .

Background to the story:
    Nov. 20th.
    As opposed to who?

Background to the story:
    Nov. 20th.
    Just read this and saw your post

Background to the story:
    Nov. 20th.

But a fan of....who lol

The irony is this: the flip side is, if this is Biden points of view, as a true Christian, he'd say, "well I'm happy I can share a blessed birthday with another human being". No hatred, just kindness.
    Good job. Well said.

I remember a ton of coverage blaming Ross Perot and Ralph Nader spoiling the 1992 and 2000 elections

Don’t recall seeing anything blaming Stein for tipping states to Trump
    ===================

……..Stein’s entry into the race has special resonance because of her supposedly decisive role in tipping battleground states to Trump in his 2016 presidential election victory over Hillary Clinton.

While winning just 1.4m votes nationwide, Stein won more votes in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Michigan than Trump’s narrow victory margins, prompting many analysts to conclude that her presence on the ballot was decisive in drawing progressive voters away from Clinton.

Stein also stood as the Green’s candidate in the 2012 election, when she won just over 400,000 votes nationally and was not thought to have played a decisive role in President Barack Obama’s victory over the Republican, Mitt Romney.

Her attempt to earn the Green’s nomination in 2024 follows the decision last month by the party’s original likely nominee, Cornel West, to leave the party and run as an independent.

Both figures join a growing field of purported third party or independent candidates amid growing signs of voter dissatisfaction at the prospect of a repeat of the 2020 presidential race between Biden and Trump.

With the exception of Robert F Kennedy Jr – son of the late attorney general, whose anti-vaccine stance is thought to be attractive to voters on the right – most non-mainstream candidates are thought to pose a greater threat to Biden than Trump, who is far ahead of other candidates to win the Republican nomination…….

Very much to be expected, I think.

Truthfully I believe that the majority of Americans, even across party lines, are actually tired of the two party monopoly with (mostly) the exact same results.

I don't want to undermine the importance of human rights issues in this country. It's integral and to me Biden has an easily better track record and policy there.

But outside of that, I don't see massive differences in Trump and Biden - certainly none that would usher in the Christofascist state (that some argue the right wants). I believe that the biggest issues for average Americans are grossly neglected by both parties, and the American public is too nonchalant to address them - that is, reckless spending, money in politics, the military industrial complex, rejecting social programs for the people who make up the backbone of this country, etc.

Back to Biden, I think his age is a concern, sure. But also a huge part of it is the growing two-party dissatisfaction with the lack of results from team red and blue. Even amongst the 'cheerleaders' of each party, who fixate more on regurgitating hatred for one person because their culture engages in it than on the larger issues. Whether it's Trump or Biden who is elected next year, I expect the number of those who 'want someone else' to grow faster than the number who want to stay with either candidate. And I expect that only to grow well into the future. I see it as a problem with the American machine, itself.

Will we do anything about it? Make a substantial change? That's yet to be seen.

Very much to be expected, I think.

Truthfully I believe that the majority of Americans, even across party lines, are actually tired of the two party monopoly with (mostly) the exact same results.

I don't want to undermine the importance of human rights issues in this country. It's integral and to me Biden has an easily better track record and policy there.

But outside of that, I don't see massive differences in Trump and Biden - certainly none that would usher in the Christofascist state (that some argue the right wants). I believe that the biggest issues for average Americans are grossly neglected by both parties, and the American public is too nonchalant to address them - that is, reckless spending, money in politics, the military industrial complex, rejecting social programs for the people who make up the backbone of this country, etc.

Back to Biden, I think his age is a concern, sure. But also a huge part of it is the growing two-party dissatisfaction with the lack of results from team red and blue. Even amongst the 'cheerleaders' of each party, who fixate more on regurgitating hatred for one person because their culture engages in it than on the larger issues. Whether it's Trump or Biden who is elected next year, I expect the number of those who 'want someone else' to grow faster than the number who want to stay with either candidate. And I expect that only to grow well into the future. I see it as a problem with the American machine, itself.

Will we do anything about it? Make a substantial change? That's yet to be seen.
    Your profile states you joined in 2019...longer ago than me by a good amount.
    Even so, I've only noticed you recently.
    My fault?....or you haven't been on the same threads as me until recently?

Your profile states you joined in 2019...longer ago than me by a good amount.
    Even so, I've only noticed you recently.
    My fault?....or you haven't been on the same threads as me until recently?

Not sure - but yes, been around a few years here. I def haven't posted as much lately. I can only handle so much politics before I want to go be a hermit in the wilderness :)

You don’t see massive differences between Trump and Biden?

On the issues that effect the largest number of Americans? No.

For reference, I believe that healthcare, economic insecurity, rising costs/inflation etc are the bulk of those issues.

Neither Trump nor Biden support any large-scale changes in healthcare, minimum wage, increasing social welfare spending to combat hardship, tax
    increases on the mega-wealthy. Substantial gains in any of these areas would actually be 'massive' in terms of its effect to the well-being of the most number of people.

Of course, neither Trump nor Biden support scaling back spending on our obscene defense budget or in any way challenging the war industry for the benefit
    of middle class Americans. We spend more on defense than China, Russia, India, Saudi Arabia, the UK, Germany, France, South Korea, Japan and Ukraine combined.
    But despite that, many Americans believe that reapportioning funds to support the middle class are 'too radical'. I believe that's a form of internalized oppression.

I don't see incremental steps as 'massive', nor do I believe that in all cases to increment is the only option available.

Neither Trump nor Biden support any large-scale changes in healthcare, minimum wage, increasing social welfare spending to combat hardship, tax
    increases on the mega-wealthy. Substantial gains in any of these areas would actually be 'massive' in terms of its effect to the well-being of the most number of people.
    I don’t think this is true. I suppose we will have to agree to disagree.

On the issues that effect the largest number of Americans? No.

For reference, I believe that healthcare, economic insecurity, rising costs/inflation etc are the bulk of those issues.

Of course, neither Trump nor Biden support scaling back spending on our obscene defense budget or in any way challenging the war industry for the benefit
    of middle class Americans. We spend more on defense than China, Russia, India, Saudi Arabia, the UK, Germany, France, South Korea, Japan and Ukraine combined.
    But despite that, many Americans believe that reapportioning funds to support the middle class are 'too radical'. I believe that's a form of internalized oppression.

I don't see incremental steps as 'massive', nor do I believe that in all cases to increment is the only option available.
    Defending America with the Defense Budget has to be a priority.
    Even if it is big we have to do so.
    China is outpacing us.

Policies are important. The biggest defense againts Trumps... behavior... is that being president is all about policies.

But can people not see what Trump did to the country? He normalized behavior that should never be normalized: name calling, taunting, idolizing power, rudeness and defying rules.

That alone, in my book, is the reason that Biden should win in a Biden/Trump rematch.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom