SHOULD Biden run for a 2nd term? (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Biden has lost support from many people who voted for him in the past.
    He is getting up there in age.
    Here are a couple of sites I'd like to share...
    WHAT DO ANY OF YOU THINK?
    IS THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY BEST SERVED BY HAVING PRESIDENT BIDEN RUN FOR ANOTHER TERM OR WOULD A DIFFERENT CANDIDATE BE BETTER? :unsure:

This 9 minute video clip is interesting.
    Once you get past the opening stuff about the polls, David Axelrod is interviewed.
    He sure seems to be implying that President Biden should ay least consider NOT running. Hear it in Axelrod's own words to see what I mean...

Biden is losing support of Hispanic and Black voters. And it is obvious that he lost votes of Arab-Americans. These are really bad signs for him. He is losing one group after another. Seems like a recipe for a Republican winning.

Biden is losing support of Hispanic and Black voters. And it is obvious that he lost votes of Arab-Americans. These are really bad signs for him. He is losing one group after another. Seems like a recipe for a Republican winning.
    High majority of black voters are NOT gonna vote for Trump. Plain and simple. He has been wielding that lie for sometime. I would bet every dollar i will ever make that Trump would be lucky to pull over 6% or 7% of black voters.

High majority of black voters are NOT gonna vote for Trump. Plain and simple. He has been wielding that lie for sometime. I would bet every dollar i will ever make that Trump would be lucky to pull over 6% or 7% of black voters.
    That's somewhat irrelevant. Biden losing support of black voters doesn't mean they'll vote for Trump, but what it does mean is his turnout will drop substantially compared to 2020, and that could doom his candidacy because he needs a huge turnout to beat Trump.

Biden can't afford black (or any other group for that matter) voters staying home.

NYT poll: Trump set to romp Biden​

If the election were held today, former President Donald Trump would easily beat President Joe Biden with over 300 electoral votes, according to a new swing state poll from The New York Times and Siena College.

Why it matters: The poll will increase anxiety among Democrats about the 2024 election and undermines the idea that Biden is the most electable Democrat against Trump.

By the numbers: The poll shows Trump leading Biden in five of six swing states — Nevada, Georgia, Arizona, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin —all of which Biden won in 2020.

• Biden led Trump in Wisconsin but is down 4 points in Pennsylvania, 5 in Arizona, 6 in Georgia, 5 in Michigan, and 10 in Nevada.
    • 71 percent said Biden was "too old," including 54 percent of Biden's supporters.
    • Only 39 percent of those voters felt the same about Trump, who would be the oldest president ever inaugurated and has shared no details about his health.
    • Swing state voters said they trust Trump over Biden on the economy by a 22-point margin, 59 to 37 percent.
    • Trump and Biden are effectively tied among voters under 30 — a large shift from 2020.
    Biden also polls weaker than alternative Democrats, even Vice President Kamala Harris.

Lets see what todays votes actually shows.. Polls can and will be manipulated and used as a weapon to discourage voters. Some of them are at least rather suspect

That's somewhat irrelevant. Biden losing support of black voters doesn't mean they'll vote for Trump, but what it does mean is his turnout will drop substantially compared to 2020, and that could doom his candidacy because he needs a huge turnout to beat Trump.

Biden can't afford black (or any other group for that matter) voters staying home.
    i agree, but thats all the way around. Thats what happened in 2016, lots of people sat out instead of voting for Clinton. But they didn't stay home in 2020 because they knew what the the outcome would be if they stayed home I have no doubt the Dems will push that narrative.
    But at the same time there is also a difference in losing supportof black voters and them not vote for him because of Trump. If Trump doesn't run, then i absolutely believe them staying home is a bigger issue.

Lets see what todays votes actually shows.. Polls can and will be manipulated and used as a weapon to discourage voters. Some of them are at least rather suspect

Well of course. But what one can gather from that poll is that the Israel-Gaza conflict has effected Biden's numbers significantly.

I don't think the NYT is involved in creating a poll to discourage voters. Maybe I misunderstood you.

Whether the aforementioned substantiates through to votes for or against and holds a year from now is yet to be seen. History has shown opinions can swing dramatically in short periods of time.

Last edited:
    It seems like a recipe for fellow Democrats to privately ask him to reconsider running.
    Which Republican would you prefer?

Yes. And it appears I misidentified the state that first proved the polls wrong the other day. It was Kansas not Nebraska.

Evidently the Rs in KY tried really hard to tie Beshear to Biden, thinking that would sink his support. Odd, isn’t it, that it didn’t seem to matter?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom