/* */

SHOULD Biden run for a 2nd term? (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Biden has lost support from many people who voted for him in the past.
    He is getting up there in age.
    Here are a couple of sites I'd like to share...
    WHAT DO ANY OF YOU THINK?
    IS THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY BEST SERVED BY HAVING PRESIDENT BIDEN RUN FOR ANOTHER TERM OR WOULD A DIFFERENT CANDIDATE BE BETTER? :unsure:

US and Isreal relations aren't a concern. We give them $3b in Aid every year. They know we are an ally to them as much as they are to us.
    I am not sure if you copied and pasted this from somewhere, but saying "Demorats brazenly used the votes of long-dead people to achieve a significant advantage" is just moronic and idiotoc of a statement.. I am not even sure what the point of your post is.

Last edited:
    On the eve of the presidential election, the Democrats are in a not very enviable situation. Biden's ratings leave much to be desired, they have no alternative candidates, and it is now almost impossible to sharply improve the reputation of the head of state. It is obvious that our party has every chance of winning, even if it won't be easy for us.
    Last time, Democrats brazenly used the votes of long-dead people to achieve a significant advantage; this year, most likely, they will rely on the votes of national minorities. This is the only way to explain the cheap populism directed towards Palestine in the current conflict. Every day there are rallies in support of terrorists who kill civilians and tourists who happen to be nearby, and the current government does not want to do anything about it. Gloomy acquiescence is always the first stage of support.
    The worst thing is that Israel sees and understands this very well. The actions and inaction of the democrats are leading to the slow but systematic destruction of close friendly ties with Israel, in fact, our only ally in the Middle East, an outpost in the fight against global terrorism.
    Yes, this policy will probably lead Biden to victory in the elections, but our main, if not only, ally will turn away from us in such difficult times.
    This smacks of an AI generated wall of text. It doesn’t flow very well and contains contradictory phrases.

It is often said that elections are determined by the hungriest constituency. Without the historic turnout of Black voters in 2008 and 2012, President Barack Obama could not have been elected and reelected president. Without the enthusiasm of women in 2016, Hillary Clinton likely would not have clinched the Democratic nomination.

In 2024, it will be the hungriest constituency that will, once again, be what makes or breaks President Joe Biden’s reelection prospects. This time around, though, the hungriest constituency is young voters – who will account for the largest, most diverse voting cohort of any age group.

Many are quick to point to the flurry of polls in recent months as evidence that Biden’s ability to capture young voters in 2024 is dwindling. A New York Times poll from December found young people supporting former President Donald Trump more than him by 6 points. A poll by USA TODAY, released just after the new year, found a similar pattern with young voters supporting Trump over Biden by 4 points.

While it is true that Biden has his share of struggles with young voters, it is premature to jump to conclusions based on a handful of polls.

For one, most polls conducted by news outlets rely on outdated methods of reaching young voters. Consider the USA TODAY poll finding young voters supporting Trump more than Biden: The only method used to contact young voters was by phone. Few young people use the phone for friends and family – not to mention when that involves picking up a random, unlisted number.

What’s more, the polls have been wrong repeatedly, and there are no indications that they will be right this time around, either.

That is why Democrats must concentrate their energy and time not on what a few polls suggest about the state of the presidential race nearly 10 months from Election Day, but instead on what truly matters. That is, not taking young voters for granted and doing everything possible to reach and turn out young people.

Luckily, Democrats already know what works. The challenge now, though, is being even more aggressive and bold in mobilizing one of the hungriest, most important voting groups this year.

If Democrats do it right, there is no doubt in my mind – as a young person dedicated to turning out my generation to vote – that my peers and I will propel Joe Biden back to the White House in November.

Here is how that can happen:

By far the biggest issue that young people convey to me is that they are unaware of what President Biden has accomplished during his time in office. They don’t know, for example, that he has made strides around nearly every issue young people care about – from climate change to student loan forgiveness to gun violence.

Unlike what former White House adviser Kellyanne Conway and former Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker have suggested Republican candidates do, however, simply flooding the zone with as much information as possible will not cut it with young voters.

There must be more to Biden’s social media engagement than simply listing all of his accomplishments – as many and as historic as they are – and expecting it to excite young voters. Instead, the president should do more of what his administration has already done: Enlist young people themselves to communicate the message in a specific and personal way.

Studies have proved that the most effective messengers aren’t politicians or adults; they are peers. There is no better way to convey the depth and breadth of this administration's accomplishments for young people than by having young people share how their lives have changed as a result of President Biden’s policies............

In 2024, it will be the hungriest constituency that will, once again, be what makes or breaks President Joe Biden’s reelection prospects. This time around, though, the hungriest constituency is young voters – who will account for the largest, most diverse voting cohort of any age group.

I know it may annoy some people here who want to pretend everything is fine right now, but I am very, very worried that Biden is walking into an absolute shellacking at the hands of Trump-Ramaswamy.

Yeah, I think it's obvious that Vivek, who I think is an absolute shill and dishonest politician as I've ever seen (though I will give him credit for showing up to interviews and engaging with people) will be the VP pick. And people LOVE him. He's no 'where's mother' vanilla Mike Pence. He gets people excited. And so does Trump. Yikes.

Young voters were already less enthused with Biden before the Israel-Gaza thing. Now, even less so. An economic situation that hasn't gotten much better, a few failed promises (student loans), some notable climate wins but also a few odd concessions...

And the most important factor - young people on the OTHER side of the aisle are arguably more passionate about another Trump presidency than a Biden one.

Biden just doesn't captivate young voters. He had the 'against fascism' surge amongst young folks in 2020. I am worried that has been dulled - even though Biden has had some undeniably great accomplishments - maybe some of the best to date...that doesn't matter if you can't captivate the young people.

We can say that polls don't matter or aren't as indicative this early on. To that I do agree - but I think they do paint a picture of enthusiasm. Right now, Georgia and Arizona, pivotal states in Biden's '20 victory, are seemingly very passionately in the Trump court.

I'll say it before and say it once more - Democrats need a different lineup if they hope to win this year. Seeing as though there aren't any real challengers and we're on our way to February, I am VERY worried that another Trump presidency is imminent. And we won't be able to sit back and bicker about "not seeing this coming".

I know it may annoy some people here who want to pretend everything is fine right now, but I am very, very worried that Biden is walking into an absolute shellacking at the hands of Trump-Ramaswamy.

Yeah, I think it's obvious that Vivek, who I think is an absolute shill and dishonest politician as I've ever seen (though I will give him credit for showing up to interviews and engaging with people) will be the VP pick. And people LOVE him. He's no 'where's mother' vanilla Mike Pence. He gets people excited. And so does Trump. Yikes.

Young voters were already less enthused with Biden before the Israel-Gaza thing. Now, even less so. An economic situation that hasn't gotten much better, a few failed promises (student loans), some notable climate wins but also a few odd concessions...

And the most important factor - young people on the OTHER side of the aisle are arguably more passionate about another Trump presidency than a Biden one.

Biden just doesn't captivate young voters. He had the 'against fascism' surge amongst young folks in 2020. I am worried that has been dulled - even though Biden has had some undeniably great accomplishments - maybe some of the best to date...that doesn't matter if you can't captivate the young people.

We can say that polls don't matter or aren't as indicative this early on. To that I do agree - but I think they do paint a picture of enthusiasm. Right now, Georgia and Arizona, pivotal states in Biden's '20 victory, are seemingly very passionately in the Trump court.

I'll say it before and say it once more - Democrats need a different lineup if they hope to win this year. Seeing as though there aren't any real challengers and we're on our way to February, I am VERY worried that another Trump presidency is imminent. And we won't be able to sit back and bicker about "not seeing this coming".

I have the same concerns. When margin of victory is razor thin... still a scary election coming up.

I created a thread on Dean Phillips challenging President Biden.
    Please consider posting on that thread.
    Here is a link to help you find it easily...

I created a thread on Dean Phillips challenging President Biden.
    Please consider posting on that thread.
    Here is a link to help you find it easily...

He can't win against Trump. So no... While I do understand why you keep posting alternates to Biden, almost every one of them would be a sure victory for Trump. Not the democrats.

He can't win against Trump. So no... While I do understand why you keep posting alternates to Biden, almost every one of them would be a sure victory for Trump. Not the democrats.
    I see. I think Biden would lose to Trump also. Haley would beat Biden too. Things look grim for you Dems

I see. I think Biden would lose to Trump also. Haley would beat Biden too. Things look grim for you Dems
    Well, that’s just your opinion. I don’t think Trump will win. I don’t think it will be particularly close either.

Well, that’s just your opinion. I don’t think Trump will win. I don’t think it will be particularly close either.
    IF Biden had seen this "age related" situation coming...he could have declared he wouldn't run and then America could have gotten to know Dean Phillips

IF Biden had seen this "age related" situation coming...he could have declared he wouldn't run and then America could have gotten to know Dean Phillips
    No thanks. He’s not qualified IMO. Not even close.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom