SHOULD Biden run for a 2nd term? (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Biden has lost support from many people who voted for him in the past.
    He is getting up there in age.
    Here are a couple of sites I'd like to share...
    WHAT DO ANY OF YOU THINK?
    IS THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY BEST SERVED BY HAVING PRESIDENT BIDEN RUN FOR ANOTHER TERM OR WOULD A DIFFERENT CANDIDATE BE BETTER? :unsure:

Biden’s popularity shouldn’t be a big concern at this point:

and the media has to know these past poll numbers, but you wouldn't know it for their coverage as far as I can tell

From what I've seen not a mention of the low poll numbers for even beloved Obama and Reagan (and the guy with the highest poll number Daddy Bush ended up losing)

But instead of saying that these numbers are historically normal for an incumbent at this point, it's all doom and gloom, and about how either the Dems should dump this dead weight or Biden should do the honorable thing and put himself out to pasture

CNN did have a couple people on talking about they wrote how worried Obama and the Dems should be in 2011

Last edited:
    Trump should not be President because he is morally bankrupt and should be in jail...but an ex president would more appropriately receive house arrest as his sentence.
    Biden should not be president, because there will be a crisis at 3am some future day and I totally don't have any faith in him in that situation. No faith at all.

So just to be clear from your point of view on one side we have

someone who is "morally bankrupt and should be in jail", someone who refused to accept the results of the election', someone who persuaded/incited' an unruly mob to breaking into the United States Capitol, resulting in deaths and suicides and many others sent to prison. Someone who has (and will again if elected) have morally bankrupt supporters/enablers/sycophants in his inner circle, his cabinet, the Senate, the House and local and state governments

on the other side we have someone who may not be one of the best presidents we've ever had who may get a 3am crisis

Is that a fair assessment? Is that a 'both sides' are equally bad scenario to you?

You've also said in the past that you are fine voting third party because you third party won't matter in New Jersey, which will definitely go blue whether you vote or not and no matter who you vote for

And you are probably right. Jersey will be reliably blue the same way New York and California are. the way that Alabama and Louisiana will be reliably red

But what if that's not the case?

What if this time next year every poll in New Jersey shows Trump and Biden in a virtual dead heat? What if the polls in every battleground state is tied? What if polls are tied in states that shouldn't be close at all?

What if it is really an 'every vote counts' situation? What then? What if whoever wins NJ will win with a razor thin margin? Will you still vote 3rd party?

And if, so what will the reasoning be then, since "Jersey always goes overwhelmingly blue" would be off the table?

Will it be "whoever wins will probably win by more than Jersey's 14 electoral votes so my 3rd party vote still didn't effect the outcome?"

Last edited:
    Whether they intend to be or not, third-party groups such as No Labels and the Green party are in effect front groups for Trump in 2024.

No Labels has pledged to spend $70m to support a third-party candidate in 2024 who could easily draw enough votes from President Biden to tip the presidential election to Trump.

No Labels has already qualified as a presidential party that can run candidates on the ballot in 10 states, including in both Arizona and Florida.

It claims to be a centrist organization seeking a new bipartisanship, but it will not reveal its donors, one of whom is reportedly the conservative mega-donor Harlan Crow. Politico reports that No Labels has brought on a major Trump donor as an adviser in the pivotal battleground state of Florida.

If you believe that No Labels exists in order to encourage bipartisanship, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I’d like to sell you.

No Labels will only help elect Trump.

So will every other third party claiming to be in the “center” or on the “left” – including the Green party, which is already on the ballot in the two key swing states of Michigan and Wisconsin and whose most likely candidate for president is Cornel West.

And the People’s party, especially if Robert F Kennedy Jr becomes its nominee.

The reason they’re all front groups for Donald Trump is that the upcoming 2024 election is likely to be nail-bitingly close even as a two-way race between Trump and Biden.

The good news is that Trump loyalists don’t represent a majority of the electorate – which is why Trump has lost the popular vote in both his presidential runs and did not top 47% in either.

So, as long as the anti-Trump vote is unified behind Biden, Trump cannot win, as Biden demonstrated in 2020.

But if a third-party candidate takes even a small part of the anti-Trump vote away from Biden, Trump is likely to be returned to the White House.

Consider the five states most likely to decide the 2024 election in the electoral college – Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. In 2016, Trump narrowly won each of them, giving him the presidency. In 2020, these five states narrowly tipped in the other direction, giving Biden the presidency.

Biden’s razor-thin margins in these five states in 2020 came from a massive anti-Trump vote.

In all of these states, at least 1 in 3 Biden voters said they voted mainly against Trump................

Yep. The term "useful idiots" comes to mind. Sorta like Donald and Rudy unwittingly doing Russia's bidding for them. It's exactly the same with those voting 3rd party.

So just to be clear from your point of view on one side we have

someone who is "morally bankrupt and should be in jail", someone who refused to accept the results of the election', someone who persuaded/incited' an unruly mob to breaking into the United States Capitol, resulting in deaths and suicides and many others sent to prison. Someone who has (and will again if elected) have morally bankrupt supporters/enablers/sycophants in his inner circle, his cabinet, the Senate, the House and local and state governments

on the other side we have someone who may not be one of the best presidents we've ever had who may get a 3am crisis

Is that a fair assessment? Is that a 'both sides' are equally bad scenario to you?

You've also said in the past that you are fine voting third party because you third party won't matter in New Jersey, which will definitely go blue whether you vote or not and no matter who you vote for

And you are probably right. Jersey will be reliably blue the same way New York and California are. the way that Alabama and Louisiana will be reliably red

But what if that's not the case?

What if this time next year every poll in New Jersey shows Trump and Biden in a virtual dead heat? What if the polls in every battleground state is tied? What if polls are tied in states that shouldn't be close at all?

What if it is really an 'every vote counts' situation? What then? What if whoever wins NJ will win with a razor thin margin? Will you still vote 3rd party?

And if, so what will the reasoning be then, since "Jersey always goes overwhelmingly blue" would be off the table?

Will it be "whoever wins will probably win by more than Jersey's 14 electoral votes so my 3rd party vote still didn't effect the outcome?"
    IF I am correct...which very few posters on here would agree with.
    Yet hypothetically IF I was correct that Biden would not be clear thinking if aroused from sleep at 3am.....and hey! ...Is he even clear thinking at 3 in the afternoon?
    Anyway, we live in a nuclear world.
    China's navy is now bigger than ours.
    China and Russia are getting chummy.
    It's not something to take lightly.
    So even though the list of negatives about Trump are numerous and the list of negatives about Biden was shorter....the length of the list is not the important thing in my opinion.
    Biden is the one responsible for launching nuclear missiles if God forbid that was needful.
    Biden is in charge of responding is we have a modern version of the Cuban Missile Crisis.
    Biden holds a lot of lives in his hands. Glassy eyed teleprompter reading Biden does NOT instill confidence in my mind.
    This is why I feel Biden is unacceptable as well as Trump is unacceptable.
    Give me H. Jeffries or J Manchin over either of the two men you have asked me to reflect on.

Yet hypothetically IF I was correct that Biden would not be clear thinking if aroused from sleep at 3am.....and hey! ...Is he even clear thinking at 3 in the afternoon?
    So even though the list of negatives about Trump are numerous and the list of negatives about Biden was shorter....the length of the list is not the important thing in my opinion.
    Biden is the one responsible for launching nuclear missiles if God forbid that was needful.
    Biden is in charge of responding is we have a modern version of the Cuban Missile Crisis.
    Biden holds a lot of lives in his hands. Glassy eyed teleprompter reading Biden does NOT instill confidence in my mind.
    Give me H. Jeffries or J Manchin over either of the two men you have asked me to reflect on.

China is not really a threat militarily to America. Russia can't project power beyond it's immediate borders, and allowed a coup to roll all the way to Moscow's outskirts.
    China has officially entered into what will probably be in the best case scenario for them, a "lost decade" ala Japan. America's has essentially already countered China, via cutting trade, and security alliances to rebuff any aggression.

Why is anyone talking about Biden's age, and then countering with people who be in their late 70's if they win?

China is not really a threat militarily to America. Russia can't project power beyond it's immediate borders, and allowed a coup to roll all the way to Moscow's outskirts.
    China has officially entered into what will probably be in the best case scenario for them, a "lost decade" ala Japan. America's has essentially already countered China, via cutting trade, and security alliances to rebuff any aggression.

Why is anyone talking about Biden's age, and then countering with people who be in their late 70's if they win?
    Re. your last question that ended your post....I don't know.
    Why would anyone want to replace Biden with old man Trump?
    Why don't Trump and Biden supporters abandon both of them?
    Why don't they?
    I've been asking myself that again and again.
    Although Russia is bogged down and losing in Ukraine, Russia still has nuclear weapons.
    China has more nuclear weapons than we do.
    Your opening paragraph of your post does not seem persuasive to me at all.

None of this answers my question

If polls are razor thin are you still going third party?

Joe Biden wasn’t my first choice in 2020 primaries, honestly, he wasn’t my fifth choice

But when the choice was between Joe Biden and Donald Trump I gladly voted for Biden even though he wasn’t my preferred candidate.

If my preferred candidate ran as an independent in 2020 I still would have gladly voted for Biden

I will gladly vote for Biden again in 2024

It just seems to me that you would do everything you can to prevent someone who is “morally bankrupt and should be in jail” from becoming president of the United States

And “everything” is really just one thing

Joe Biden wasn’t my first choice in 2020 primaries, honestly, he wasn’t my fifth choice

But when the choice was between Joe Biden and Donald Trump I gladly voted for Biden even though he wasn’t my preferred candidate.

If my preferred candidate ran as an independent in 2020 I still would have gladly voted for Biden

It just seems to me that you would do everything you can to prevent someone who is “morally bankrupt and should be in jail” from becoming president of the United States

Well if my answer didn't meet your needs I'm sorry.
    Have a nice day.
    I'll not be posting anymore today.

If I am asked a question I answer that question as honestly as possible. There are times that in order to answer the question as honestly as possible, I end up mentioning things related to my Christian faith.

Have a nice day.

You intentionally duck questions like this all the time. Or block people.

Have a nice day.
    I mean, I get where you're coming from, but this strikes me as a lazy cop out. You can avoid answering the question, presumably because you think they're both equally bad, which I guess is a position one can take. Or you can answer it using whatever reasoning and I'll accept that. Running away isn't an authentic response imo.

But for me, the bottom line is they aren't remotely close to equally bad, which makes my choice easy when the nominations are made and Trump and Biden are the 2 left standing. I know Biden bothers you, but I have a hard time seeing how anyone can say they both equally bother you.

It's really simple. The country will be just fine with Biden. With Trump? Absolutely not if 1/6, among many other things, is any indication. One wants the country to burn if he doesn't get his way, the other one, not even close.

I mean, I get where you're coming from, but this strikes me as a lazy cop out. You can avoid answering the question, presumably because you think they're both equally bad, which I guess is a position one can take. Or you can answer it using whatever reasoning and I'll accept that. Running away isn't an authentic response imo.

But for me, the bottom line is they aren't remotely close to equally bad, which makes my choice easy when the nominations are made and Trump and Biden are the 2 left standing. I know Biden bothers you, but I have a hard time seeing how anyone can say they both equally bother you.

It's really simple. The country will be just fine with Biden. With Trump? Absolutely not if 1/6, among many other things, is any indication. One wants the country to burn if he doesn't get his way, the other one, not even close.
    I'm not running away.
    I am at school scheduling 105 band students. ( I teach at 2 different schools)
    I have to consider who is weak in Math....who has speech therapy.....who is weak in Reading.
    I can't schedule a child to learn the trumpet if they should be with the Basic Skills Teacher because the child received low grades last year in Math or Literacy.
    It is a very complicated task actually.
    Sorry if I can't devote my full attention to answering the questions that are presented to me.

Last edited:
    I'm not running away.
    I have to consider who is weak in Math....who has speech.....who is weak in Reading.
    I can't schedule a child to learn the trumpet if they should be with the Basic Skills Teacher because the child received low grades last year in Math or Literacy.
    Sorry if I can't devote my full attention to answering the questions that are presented to me.
    Where's Dave now!?
    Hmmm....let me take a break from scheduling 105 students and see what is so incredibly important.
    I'll read the question and try to answer in a way that everyone finds to be acceptable :rolleyes:

Last edited:

"Yes" if the polls are razor thin I am still going to vote for someone other than Trump or Biden.
    Why do I have to repeat myself week after week and month after month?
    So THIS is what Dave thought I was running away from? Oh please..LOL.
    OK...let me see what I else I am being asked to respond to.....
    I read the balance of the post that demands my appropriate answer....LOL!!!
    So.....
    "No" I will NOT do everything I can to prevent someone who is morally bankrupt from becoming the next president. That's not my job.
    I will vote for someone who has a last name that is NOT Trump and whose name is NOT Biden.
    Only candidates who are NOT Trump and NOT Biden will be considered by me.
    This has been my position in the past.
    This is my position in the present.
    This will be my position in the future.
    If people ask me this same worn out question again in the future it would NOT be unreasonable for me to simply ignore them.
    I have work to do and it becomes tiresome to keep repeating myself.
    OK?

Last edited:
    "Yes" if the polls are razor thin I am still going to vote for someone other than Trump or Biden.
    Why do I have to repeat myself week after week and month after month?
    So THIS is what Dave thought I was running away from? Oh please..LOL.
    OK...let me see what I else I am being asked to respond to.....
    I read the balance of the post that demands my appropriate answer....LOL!!!
    So.....
    "No" I will NOT do everything I can to prevent someone who is morally bankrupt from becoming the next president. That's not my job.
    I will vote for someone who has a last name that is NOT Trump and whose name is NOT Biden.
    Only candidates who are NOT Trump and NOT Biden will be considered by me.
    This has been my position in the past.
    This is my position in the present.
    This will be my position in the future.
    If people ask me this same worn out question again in the future it would NOT be unreasonable for me to simply ignore them.
    I have work to do and it becomes tiresome to keep repeating myself.
    OK?

Yes, it is. As a voter, it is absolutely your job to prevent a morally bankrupt authoritarian, one who tried to circumvent the election process to illegally retain power, from taking office again. It's not just your job, It is every voter's job. And it's not just your job, it's your moral obligation. It's all of ours.

I came back to see if anyone apologized or admitted that I've been asked this before....and I've answered this before.
    Yet "no".
    Now this thread is lonely.
    LOL!!!!!

I'm not running away.
    I have to consider who is weak in Math....who has speech.....who is weak in Reading.
    Then say as much. You know, something like, I'll answer when I have some time. It's not that hard. Instead, this is what you said.
    Have a nice day.
    Just feels like a weird way to cut off a conversation.

Then say as much. You know, something like, I'll answer when I have some time. It's not that hard. Instead, this is what you said.

Just feels like a weird way to cut off a conversation.
    OK.
    Do YOU admit that various people keep quoting me and asking me the same question...over and over again?

Where's Dave now!?
    Hmmm....let me take a break from scheduling 105 students and see what is so incredibly important.
    I'll read the question and try to answer in a way that everyone finds to be acceptable :rolleyes:
    Instead of being snarky, you can say you've already made your position clear and feel like it's getting repetitive. People might ask for more or for justification or whatever. Not everyone reads every thread. And also, shockingly enough, people like me and maybe you? can change our minds. I know I have over the years. That's part of growing and learning from our discussions.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom