/* */

SHOULD Biden run for a 2nd term? (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Biden has lost support from many people who voted for him in the past.
    He is getting up there in age.
    Here are a couple of sites I'd like to share...
    WHAT DO ANY OF YOU THINK?
    IS THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY BEST SERVED BY HAVING PRESIDENT BIDEN RUN FOR ANOTHER TERM OR WOULD A DIFFERENT CANDIDATE BE BETTER? :unsure:

But do you see any difference between the two? Or do you believe both are equally bad? (I’m not trying to be difficult, I realize that you live in a safely blue state, so your 3rd party vote won’t matter. Although, I think it’s very possible No Labels won’t even try to send up a candidate in NJ.)

Just curious about your thoughts comparing the two.
    I am going to tweak your question at first and then answer it toward the end.
    MT15: "Excuse me Steve, which is worse ?...Trump as the next president or 4 more years of Biden?"
    Steve's response: "That's like telling me that I'll be executed before dawn. Would I prefer to be killed by firing squad or lethal injection?".
    I really mean that ....yet here is the more direct answer I told you I'd provide:
    Trump should not be President because he is morally bankrupt and should be in jail...but an ex president would more appropriately receive house arrest as his sentence.
    Biden should not be president, because there will be a crisis at 3am some future day and I totally don't have any faith in him in that situation. No faith at all.

Last edited:
    The third party candidate, of course.

So again, I’ll ask: why would you want a more effective Democrat running, since that lowers the chances your chosen candidate will win?

Or have you changed your mind? Is there a Democrat you would vote for after all?
    I am being realistic that the hypothetical 3rd party candidate will not be the next president.
    Under this realistic thought process of mine, I'd rather see a young Democrat such as Michigan's governor as the next president than Biden. I was briefly optimistic Biden would be convinced to step aside and let her be the nominee....but then "pessimism" took over my thoughts.
    Get it now?

I am being realistic that the hypothetical 3rd party candidate will not be the next president.
    Under this realistic thought process of mine, I'd rather see a young Democrat such as Michigan's governor as the next president than Biden.
    Oh, interesting.

So, finally admitting that the third party candidate has no chance, if Whitner were the Democratic nominee and Trump were the Republican nomined, would you vote for Whitner?

Keeping in mind of course that she has made women’s choice a centerpiece of her position since Dobbs.

I am going to tweak your question at first and then answer it toward the end.
    MT15: "Excuse me Steve, which is worse ?...Trump as the next president or 4 more years of Biden?"
    Steve's response: "That's like telling me that I'll be executed before dawn. Would I prefer it to be killed by firing squad or lethal injection?".
    Trump should not be President because he is morally bankrupt and should be in jail...but an ex president would more appropriately receive house arrest as his sentence.
    Biden should not be president, because there will be a crisis at 3am some future day and I totally don't have any faith in him in that situation. No faith at all.
    I get why you'd use that comparison but I don't think it's really equivalent. All I know is Biden genuinely wants what's best for the country and has integrity. Trump would rather see the country burn if he doesn't win.

At least Biden has a cabinet and joint chiefs who can actually advise him at 3 am if need be. He's definitely a second choice for me, but I'm throwing my vote to whoever can beat Trump if Trump is nominated and I won't think twice about it. Maybe in your state you'll have the luxury of casting a protest vote, but in my state of Virginia, it's likely gonna be closer than that.

Oh, interesting.

So, finally admitting that the third party candidate has no chance, if Whitner were the Democratic nominee and Trump were the Republican nomined, would you vote for Whitner?

Keeping in mind of course that she has made women’s choice a centerpiece of her position since Dobbs.
    You are getting closer...but you still don't have me figured out yet.
    If Whitner was the Democratic nominee I'd expect her to win and feel glad that she'd beat Trump. Yet when I went to the polls I'd vote for neither Trump nor Whitner...I'd vote for a Pro Life Candidate. As I recall, every four years there are A FEW names from various miniscule parties that no one cares about. One of those candidates is bound to be Pro Life.
    Remember, I don't answer to the GOP, I answer to God. I'm not considering what YOU feel is best for the country into how I vote. YOU are not my priority. The Lord will allow who He pleases to be the next president. It is HIS responsibility. My role is very small. Just listen to the Holy Spirit and obey. That's it.

Last edited:
    I get why you'd use that comparison but I don't think it's really equivalent. All I know is Biden genuinely wants what's best for the country and has integrity. Trump would rather see the country burn if he doesn't win.

At least Biden has a cabinet and joint chiefs who can actually advise him at 3 am if need be. He's definitely a second choice for me, but I'm throwing my vote to whoever can beat Trump if Trump is nominated and I won't think twice about it. Maybe in your state you'll have the luxury of casting a protest vote, but in my state of Virginia, it's likely gonna be closer than that.
    I see your point. My daughter has gone to college in Virginia since Fall of 2020. I'm very familiar with Virginia.

One more thing.
    Take a moment to reflect on how many of you post daily or at least weekly on threads that I am the OP of.
    I sincerely do take pride in that.
    Often I will post articles I come across on these threads for you guys...I post them so I can be a blessing to ALL of YOU. Often I'm not posting these articles because of myself or my views.
    Since a couple of you are mean spirited, you probably roll your eyes as you read these words. Yet I tell you with all sincerity....often I post an online article ....NOT because I have an agenda.....NOT because I'm trying to promote my point of view.....but like tonight ( When I was asked: "What do YOU care?")....anyway....like tonight I posted about 5 alternatives to Biden if he stepped aside...I posted that just to help those of you who are Democrats to enjoy this article that pertains to you. It was for all of your benefit. I was being a good OP...a good host.
    So that is the truth. It does not matter if you believe me. Truth is truth and it does not need your agreement or your acceptance. It stands alone ....needing nothing.
    Good night.

Last edited:
    Biden is running for president and will be the Democrat"s nominee. All of the consternation and polling isn't going to change that.

Trump will be the Republican nominee. Republican primary voters have made that clear. I will easily vote for Biden. If American voters elect Trump, the country will receive exactly what it deserves.
    This is the bottom line of the 2024 election.

Let's see if the people, who keep providing reasons for people not to vote for Biden, continue to keep providing reasons for people not to vote for Biden, if Biden ends up the Democratic nominee.

I suspect they will keep providing reasons for people not to vote for Biden, which means they will be helping to give Trump his best chance of winning the election.

Even if that's not what they intend to do, it will still very much be what those people will be doing.

Last edited:
    One more thing.
    Take a moment to reflect on how many of you post daily or at least weekly on threads that I am the OP of.
    I sincerely do take pride in that.
    Often I will post articles I come across on these threads for you guys...I post them so I can be a blessing to ALL of YOU. Often I'm not posting these articles because of myself or my views.
    Since a couple of you are mean spirited, you probably roll your eyes as you read these words. Yet I tell you with all sincerity....often I post an online article ....NOT because I have an agenda.....NOT because I'm trying to promote my point of view.....but like tonight ( When I was asked: "What do YOU care?")....anyway....like tonight I posted about 5 alternatives to Biden if he stepped aside...I posted that just to help those of you who are Democrats to enjoy this article that pertains to you. It was for all of your benefit. I was being a good OP...a good host.
    So that is the truth. It does not matter if you believe me. Truth is truth and it does not need your agreement or your acceptance. It stands alone ....needing nothing.
    Good night.
    You are getting closer...but you still don't have me figured out yet.
    If Whitner was the Democratic nominee I'd expect her to win and feel glad that she'd beat Trump. Yet when I went to the polls I'd vote for neither Trump nor Whitner...I'd vote for a Pro Life Candidate. As I recall, every four years there are A FEW names from various miniscule parties that no one cares about. One of those candidates is bound to be Pro Life.
    Remember, I don't answer to the GOP, I answer to God. I'm not considering what YOU feel is best for the country into how I vote. YOU are not my priority. The Lord will allow who He pleases to be the next president. It is HIS responsibility. My role is very small. Just listen to the Holy Spirit and obey. That's it.

Sincere question, do you see yourself as doing your god's work and spreading their word through your posts here? It seems like you do.

like tonight I posted about 5 alternatives to Biden if he stepped aside...I posted that just to help those of you who are Democrats to enjoy this article that pertains to you. It was for all of your benefit. I was being a good OP...a good host.
    This actually answers my questions about your motivations in this thread better than anything you’ve posted so far.

I really have been trying to gain an understanding as to why you started this thread as someone who has no intention of voting Democrat, and I think you’ve finally given an answer that makes sense.

Sincere question, do you see yourself as doing your god's work and spreading their word through your posts here? It seems like you do.
    No and Yes.
    No...meaning....
    I am not here to spread God's word.
    I am here because I enjoy presidential politics.
    Ever since 9th grade I've been so attentive to presidential politics. It's really interesting and I enjoy it.
    Yes...meaning...
    I am not here to spread God's word BUT I am keenly aware that people are "watching me" and what I say and do reflects on my Lord. If I am asked a question I answer that question as honestly as possible. There are times that in order to answer the question as honestly as possible, I end up mentioning things related to my Christian faith.
    Thank you for giving me a chance to explain that.

This actually answers my questions about your motivations in this thread better than anything you’ve posted so far.

I really have been trying to gain an understanding as to why you started this thread as someone who has no intention of voting Democrat, and I think you’ve finally given an answer that makes sense.
    Well I am so glad. 😉

Here is an example of anti-Biden spin that most of main stream media engages in. Biden is literally traveling the world this week conducting diplomacy to advance US interests. Just a trash article.

I tried to find the article, and I think this is/was the same one as above. However, it seems like some of it got edited/revised a little bit in comparison to the picture above
    Yes, I’ve seen even NYT revise headlines on the fly when their inaccuracies are pointed out. We just have to realize that editors don’t really function like they used to, and they are stretched so thin that articles get put out that are basically unedited.

Whether they intend to be or not, third-party groups such as No Labels and the Green party are in effect front groups for Trump in 2024.

No Labels has pledged to spend $70m to support a third-party candidate in 2024 who could easily draw enough votes from President Biden to tip the presidential election to Trump.

No Labels has already qualified as a presidential party that can run candidates on the ballot in 10 states, including in both Arizona and Florida.

It claims to be a centrist organization seeking a new bipartisanship, but it will not reveal its donors, one of whom is reportedly the conservative mega-donor Harlan Crow. Politico reports that No Labels has brought on a major Trump donor as an adviser in the pivotal battleground state of Florida.

If you believe that No Labels exists in order to encourage bipartisanship, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I’d like to sell you.

No Labels will only help elect Trump.

So will every other third party claiming to be in the “center” or on the “left” – including the Green party, which is already on the ballot in the two key swing states of Michigan and Wisconsin and whose most likely candidate for president is Cornel West.

And the People’s party, especially if Robert F Kennedy Jr becomes its nominee.

The reason they’re all front groups for Donald Trump is that the upcoming 2024 election is likely to be nail-bitingly close even as a two-way race between Trump and Biden.

The good news is that Trump loyalists don’t represent a majority of the electorate – which is why Trump has lost the popular vote in both his presidential runs and did not top 47% in either.

So, as long as the anti-Trump vote is unified behind Biden, Trump cannot win, as Biden demonstrated in 2020.

But if a third-party candidate takes even a small part of the anti-Trump vote away from Biden, Trump is likely to be returned to the White House.

Consider the five states most likely to decide the 2024 election in the electoral college – Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. In 2016, Trump narrowly won each of them, giving him the presidency. In 2020, these five states narrowly tipped in the other direction, giving Biden the presidency.

Biden’s razor-thin margins in these five states in 2020 came from a massive anti-Trump vote.

In all of these states, at least 1 in 3 Biden voters said they voted mainly against Trump................

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom