Midterm projections. (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SamAndreas

It's Not my Fault
    Reaction score
    I've voted and election day is something like 5 or so days away. That means it's time for projections as to how it goes this time.

Usually I have a good sense, and good track record for being right using the simple time proven system of "who's turn it is". That's the method where one ignores everything about the current issues, and who is running. One only uses who's the incumbent along with the last election's outcome to predict the next election.

Under that simple system this upcoming midterm election is a case of it historically being the Republican's turn.

But this time it doesn't quite fit that normal mode. Trump threw it all out of whack. Republicans seem to be entirely capable of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory this time. So instead of thinking that the Republicans are going to win this one, I don't know.

That's my projection. I Don't Know. I'm a bit hopeful this time instead of being adjusted to the idea that the Republicans are going to win this one for sure.

:)

There’s already an active DOJ investigation. The most they have found so far is some possible tax infractions, and they’ve been at it for a while. There’s nothing there. But they will waste millions of dollars on it just like Benghazi and come up with nothing. It’s what they want to do, they don’t want to solve any problems that people have that’s for damn sure.
    Yeah I mean maybe there is even some level of 'influence peddling' stuff in there but I imagine most if not all of that is going to be in the unethical but not illegal category.

And it's Hunter, not Joe. If they have Joe on something egregious there then by all means show the cards. But I doubt they have them.

Yeah I mean maybe there is even some level of 'influence peddling' stuff in there but I imagine most if not all of that is going to be in the unethical but not illegal category.

And it's Hunter, not Joe. If they have Joe on something egregious there then by all means show the cards. But I doubt they have them.

It's the same soft corruption they all use to enrich themselves. Boebert's husband, the sex offender dude has made a million as a ONG consultant while she was in office.

My biggest complaint about Republicans is that they come across as massive hypocrites. I've never seen a consistent set of morals applied to everyone equally. If it was ok for Trump's family to enrich themselves massively during his term. Then it should be ok for Hunter to make some money peddling influence for cash. It's no worse then Kushner, and his criminal family.

It's the same soft corruption they all use to enrich themselves. Boebert's husband, the sex offender dude has made a million as a ONG consultant while she was in office.

My biggest complaint about Republicans is that they come across as massive hypocrites. I've never seen a consistent set of morals applied to everyone equally. If it was ok for Trump's family to enrich themselves massively during his term. Then it should be ok for Hunter to make some money peddling influence for cash. It's no worse then Kushner, and his criminal family.
    Yeah that's probably the biggest reason why - unless they have something big on Joe Biden - that I believe this probably won't register beyond their base.

We all assume they're all crooked in about this same way.

Yeah that's probably the biggest reason why - unless they have something big on Joe Biden - that I believe this probably won't register beyond their base.

We all assume they're all crooked in about this same way.

Right if Republicans cared they could introduce a bill that outlaws this kind of corruption, and insider trading. They don't because it's how they are making money as well.

Except in both instances there were legitimate reasons to impeach Trump.

So let's see what the GQP can gin up. Hunter's laptop? Whitewater? Benghazi, maybe?
    See, that is where we differ. It doesn't even matter whether or not it was legit, it was never going to happen due to the Senate at the time. They were never going to convict Trump, so it wasted everyones time and taxpayer money. This new house is going to spend the next two years going after Hunter Biden and Fauci, wasting everyones time again. In my opinion, these investigations only matter to me if you win, the democrats had no chance to close the deal, so in my view, it was a wasteful.

Congressional Republicans have already decided that they were laying the lockdown blame at Fauci's feet when it was Trump who pulled the trigger on the lockdowns, aka, 15 days to stop the spread. So for the next two years, everyones time and money are gonna be wasted, yet again.

Joe doesn’t seem very worried about all this….this is red meat for the base and also because most of them have no idea how to actually govern…..

probably too political for the Snyder thread on SR
    =================================
    It looks like Republicans taking control of the House of Representatives will benefit Washington Commanders owner Dan Snyder.

The incoming Republican majority will reportedly disband the committee looking into allegations of workplace misconduct and sexual harassment.

“It's over,” Rep. James Comer of Kentucky said in a brief statement, which came after The Associated Press and other outlets projected Republicans clinched a narrow majority in the House for the 118th Congress that begins meeting Jan. 3...........

Honestly if the Dems are smart, Biden could use the whole Hunter's laptop thing as a pretext to not seek re-election. He could say, 'I stand by my contention that nothing illicit happened blah-di-blah but in the interest of the nation I will step aside and let a new generation of Dems step in and lead.' Would be a nice analogue to the Dem House leadership all stepping aside. Time for a reset for the Dems. Fortunately I think they are starting to realize that is the best strategy for 2024.

Honestly if the Dems are smart, Biden could use the whole Hunter's laptop thing as a pretext to not seek re-election. He could say, 'I stand by my contention that nothing illicit happened blah-di-blah but in the interest of the nation I will step aside and let a new generation of Dems step in and lead.' Would be a nice analogue to the Dem House leadership all stepping aside. Time for a reset for the Dems. Fortunately I think they are starting to realize that is the best strategy for 2024.

I go back and forth on if Biden should run. The other day he mentioned fallujah out of nowhere as he rambled, and I cringed so hard. ON THE OTHER HAND, the incumbent advantage would be insane to give up. An incumbent president has lost twice in the last 40 years, both Republicans.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom