Midterm projections. (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SamAndreas

It's Not my Fault
    Reaction score
    I've voted and election day is something like 5 or so days away. That means it's time for projections as to how it goes this time.

Usually I have a good sense, and good track record for being right using the simple time proven system of "who's turn it is". That's the method where one ignores everything about the current issues, and who is running. One only uses who's the incumbent along with the last election's outcome to predict the next election.

Under that simple system this upcoming midterm election is a case of it historically being the Republican's turn.

But this time it doesn't quite fit that normal mode. Trump threw it all out of whack. Republicans seem to be entirely capable of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory this time. So instead of thinking that the Republicans are going to win this one, I don't know.

That's my projection. I Don't Know. I'm a bit hopeful this time instead of being adjusted to the idea that the Republicans are going to win this one for sure.

:)

Maybe we haven't seen the last of Kari lake
    ===========================

Kari Lake may have recently lost her bid for Arizona governor, but the Republican could potentially fare better in a future race for the U.S. Senate.

A new poll from Public Policy Polling (PPP) asked voters who they'd choose between three Arizona candidates. Apart from Lake, the options included Democratic Representative Ruben Gallego and Senator Kyrsten Sinema, who recently announced that she would be registering as an independent.

Out of these three possibilities, the poll suggests that voters would pick Lake.

"Fresh new Arizona numbers!" PPP, a Democratic Party-affiliated firm, tweeted on Thursday. "In a three way race Kyrsten Sinema would get just 13% to 41% for Kari Lake and 40% for Ruben Gallego.".............

The Democrats have no choice really. Either get behind Sinema or lose the seat. It stinks, but I don't see any way around it unless Senima drops out.

Kari Lake may have recently lost her bid for Arizona governor, but the Republican could potentially fare better in a future race for the U.S. Senate.

A new poll from Public Policy Polling (PPP) asked voters who they'd choose between three Arizona candidates. Apart from Lake, the options included Democratic Representative Ruben Gallego and Senator Kyrsten Sinema, who recently announced that she would be registering as an independent.

Out of these three possibilities, the poll suggests that voters would pick Lake.

"Fresh new Arizona numbers!" PPP, a Democratic Party-affiliated firm, tweeted on Thursday. "In a three way race Kyrsten Sinema would get just 13% to 41% for Kari Lake and 40% for Ruben Gallego.".............

To be fair, you put any Republican in that situation and they'll likely win.

There is a reasonable chance Sinema opts not to seek reelection. She can just get some lobbying or corporate job. Even if the Democratic establishment/party backs her as an independent, it's questionable whether the voters will. If she is being honest with herself she realizes she has no path to reelection.

The Democrats have no choice really. Either get behind Sinema or lose the seat. It stinks, but I don't see any way around it unless Senima drops out.

Am I reading it wrong or doesn't it say Sinema 13%, Gallego 40%? I think the play is to get behind Gallego and drop Sinema to pulling 3% from him and 2% from Lake.

That isn't a case of Lake winning, that's a case of Democrats losing.

Foolishly splitting their vote.

Am I reading it wrong or doesn't it say Sinema 13%, Gallego 40%? I think the play is to get behind Gallego and drop Sinema to pulling 3% from him and 2% from Lake.
    Idk, the problem is Sinema is an independent. Either need to find a better candidate than Gallego or go with Senima because she's an independent. I understand she only has 13% polling right now, but she's won before and they can't control her.

what's the word for when you are far beyond desperate?
    ========================================

The lawyer who filed a brief on Kari Lake's behalf said that the Trump-endorsed gubernatorial candidate could still overturn the results of the Arizona midterms, even if no evidence of voter fraud is found.

Election-law attorney and newly elected Arizona Rep. Alex Kolodin told NewsNation why Lake's legal efforts challenging the state's gubernatorial election results are continuing, even after Democrat Katie Hobbs was officially sworn in on Monday.

Talking on "Dan Abrams Live", Kolodin—whose official website's homepage has a quote from Donald Trump calling him "a hell of an attorney [and] a patriot"—said: "There has never been any sort of time bar on resolutions of election challenges on appeal that requires them to get resolved before the swearing-in."

Kolodin added that the point of Lake's appeal is "that the appellate court will reverse the decision of the trial."..........

If there’s no continuing legal action, she won’t be able to fundraise as much. Pretty simple. Trump will be fundraising off his lies until he’s dead.

Fox News host Tucker Carlson said in an interview released Monday that his “hatred” of liberals led to his inaccurate predictions of a red wave in November’s midterm elections.

“That loathing clouded my judgment,” Carlson told Charlie Kirk, the founder of Turning Point USA, in an interview released on Monday. “I was like, ‘I dislike these people so much. What they’re doing is so wrong. It is helping so few people and hurting so many. It’s so immoral on every level that I just want it to be repudiated.’”

“And I wanted that so much, not because I like the Republicans — I really dislike them more than I ever have — but I dislike the other side more,” he added, saying, “I did learn that, like, I have no freaking idea what goes on in American politics.”...............

I'm not making fun of him for his stroke, but how does anyone think he is capable of exercising his duties as Senator?

I'm not making fun of him for his stroke, but how does anyone think he is capable of exercising his duties as Senator?

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be looking at.

He's standing there taking a picture. What is the problem?

Yes, you are actually. Why don’t you look at a few more of his appearances, rather than viewing a completely biased site’s tweet that is going to paint him in the worst possible way? I saw that clip, if it’s the one I remember it only seemed he was a bit hesitant of what to do next. Stay for a photo or move on and which direction to go.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom