Midterm projections. (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SamAndreas

It's Not my Fault
    Reaction score
    I've voted and election day is something like 5 or so days away. That means it's time for projections as to how it goes this time.

Usually I have a good sense, and good track record for being right using the simple time proven system of "who's turn it is". That's the method where one ignores everything about the current issues, and who is running. One only uses who's the incumbent along with the last election's outcome to predict the next election.

Under that simple system this upcoming midterm election is a case of it historically being the Republican's turn.

But this time it doesn't quite fit that normal mode. Trump threw it all out of whack. Republicans seem to be entirely capable of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory this time. So instead of thinking that the Republicans are going to win this one, I don't know.

That's my projection. I Don't Know. I'm a bit hopeful this time instead of being adjusted to the idea that the Republicans are going to win this one for sure.

:)

I tend to agree with this take on whether Hobbs should have debated Lake, but it’s easy to say this in hindsight and I think Tom may have criticized the decision at the time, not sure.

It looks like Rs will win both AZ-1 (called) and AZ-6. This pretty much guarantees them the House. Ds needed both to hold unless CA does something weird.

Last count I saw was they were up to 217

CNN has it at 216 Rs while NBC projects it at 220. It looks like Rs finish around 220. Some big races Ds lost: Boebert, AZ-1 and AZ-6, 4 seats in NY and FL each.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom