House Select Committee Hearings on Jan. 6 (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

This is quite a statement from a former president who is trying to be president again. He’s basically saying that his AG was “weak” because he was worried that things the president was asking him to do would get him impeached. Barr’s legal acumen with strong conservative principles and belief in the power of the executive are what got him the job. If he didn’t think it was appropriate it probably wasn’t.

1654867885365.png

Isn’t it really telling that Tucker chose two women to criticize? He didn’t touch the actual Chairman, or any of the men on the committee. It’s just so predictable.

He knows who is audience is. Even the women that watch his show hate "feminist women". And any women that doesn't toe to the right wing line is a feminist.

The discrediting has begun, starting with a gentle toss under the bus for Ivanka

"Poor thing didn't know what she was talking about. Bless her heart"
    ================================================

Former President Donald Trump reacted to his daughter Ivanka Trump's testimony to the House January 6 committee by suggesting she did not understand elections.

The committee investigating the January 6, 2021, Capitol riot had on Thursday aired her testimony, in which she said she "accepted" that former Attorney General Bill Barr had found no evidence of fraud that could overturn the 2020 election, despite her father repeatedly saying there was.

Trump said in a Friday morning post on his social-media platform, Truth Social: "Ivanka Trump was not involved in looking at, or studying, Election results. She had long since checked out and was, in my opinion, only trying to be respectful to Bill Barr and his position as Attorney General (he sucked!).".............

So, my wife has long been an ardent supporter of Trump. She knows well that I've never liked him. She sat down and watched the hearings with me and she was pretty shaken. Seeing the tears on the officer's face after that brutal video and I think it finally clicked for her that Trump was ultimately responsible for this whole mess. I've tried explaining all of this to her in the past, but that video just did her in. She said she's done with Trump.

So these hearings have already changed one mind.

If you don't mind my asking, what was it about yesterday that turned the tide?

As awful as the video was, to me it didn't seem any worse that all the footage that had already been released

We just hadn't seen this particular awful video before

We've seen officers who were there talk about and tear up recounting what happened that day before

A straw that broke the camel's back situation?

The discrediting has begun, starting with a gentle toss under the bus for Ivanka

Former President Donald Trump reacted to his daughter Ivanka Trump's testimony to the House January 6 committee by suggesting she did not understand elections.

The committee investigating the January 6, 2021, Capitol riot had on Thursday aired her testimony, in which she said she "accepted" that former Attorney General Bill Barr had found no evidence of fraud that could overturn the 2020 election, despite her father repeatedly saying there was.

Trump said in a Friday morning post on his social-media platform, Truth Social: "Ivanka Trump was not involved in looking at, or studying, Election results. She had long since checked out and was, in my opinion, only trying to be respectful to Bill Barr and his position as Attorney General (he sucked!).".............

If she's so clueless why was she involved in running Trump's government!

If you don't mind my asking, what was it about yesterday that turned the tide?

As awful as the video was, to me it didn't seem any worse that all the footage that had already been released

We just hadn't seen this particular awful video before

We've seen officers who were there talk about and tear up recounting what happened that day before

A straw that broke the camel's back situation?
    I think it was seeing a combination of the video showing the violence of the mob, the noose, chanting "hang Mike Pence", the Capitol Police being attacked, and then juxtaposed with the big dude and Capitol police officer who was there that day and seeing his tears as the video wrapped up. Seeing all of that in one sitting, she just felt awful for the officers who were just trying to do their jobs. She had seen bits and pieces before, but not all of that together in a matter of a few minutes.

I think it was seeing a combination of the video showing the violence of the mob, the noose, chanting "hang Mike Pence", the Capitol Police being attacked, and then juxtaposed with the big dude and Capitol police officer who was there that day and seeing his tears as the video wrapped up. Seeing all of that in one sitting, she just felt awful for the officers who were just trying to do their jobs. She had seen bits and pieces before, but not all of that together in a matter of a few minutes.

And that's a good point.

A lot of people have not been following this nearly as closely as some of us here have

Last edited:

Man, Thanksgiving at the Trump's this year is going to be some awkward...

No surprise there, always deflecting to the "Other" threat to minimize their treat to our country.

I hope they're wrong about not being worried that it broke through to "normies".
    Right wing extremists are the typical conspiracy theorists that keep throwing out garbage ideas to see if something sticks, but rarely seem to learn. Occasionally one of those people see the light and then we try to understand why they got duped for so long and what changed their mind. It never seems to be the same answer, much like trying to heal a cancer.

I hope these hearings result in electoral changes to secure it. At this point, I don’t care about those extremists January 6th traitors. I just want to ensure their ability to destroy democracy is eliminated.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom