House Select Committee Hearings on Jan. 6 (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

While i don't always agree with Cheney's politics, there's no denying she's a competent and intelligent woman and she was very convincing when presenting the facts and findings of the committee. I was impressed with both her and Chairman Thompson. Their professionalism and serious demeanor really seemed to match the weight of this occsion.

This is what all congressional hearings should be like. Maybe not this professionally tailored for prime time, but in the sense of serious, intelligent and professional Representative doing their upmost to put out country and people first and conducting themselves accordingly.

CNN is already reporting that some of the witnesses played tonight are prepping to come out tomorrow and say their testimony was taken out of context (to keep Trump from being mad at them), but that the committee is going to release the transcripts.

CNN is already reporting that some of the witnesses played tonight are prepping to come out tomorrow and say their testimony was taken out of context (to keep Trump from being mad at them), but that the committee is going to release the transcripts.
    Yeah, that's not at all surprising. They can crawfish all they want, the tape don't lie.

This is what all congressional hearings should be like. Maybe not this professionally tailored for prime time, but in the sense of serious, intelligent and professional Representative doing their upmost to put out country and people first and conducting themselves accordingly.
    So, my wife has long been an ardent supporter of Trump. She knows well that I've never liked him. She sat down and watched the hearings with me and she was pretty shaken. Seeing the tears on the officer's face after that brutal video and I think it finally clicked for her that Trump was ultimately responsible for this whole mess. I've tried explaining all of this to her in the past, but that video just did her in. She said she's done with Trump.

So these hearings have already changed one mind.

So, my wife has long been an ardent supporter of Trump. She knows well that I've never liked him. She sat down and watched the hearings with me and she was pretty shaken. Seeing the tears on the officer's face after that brutal video and I think it finally clicked for her that Trump was ultimately responsible for this whole mess. I've tried explaining all of this to her in the past, but that video just did her in. She said she's done with Trump.

My parents and my brother-in-law are lifelong Republicans and voted for Trump in 2016. Thankfully they saw how unfit he is and refused to vote for him in 2020. This will stand as a stark reminder of how dangerous he is and I’m confident they won’t be voting for him in 2024 if he gets the nomination.

CNN is already reporting that some of the witnesses played tonight are prepping to come out tomorrow and say their testimony was taken out of context (to keep

what i cant comprehend is....frump told the crowd hed walk down there with them....so, they
    expected hed be there with them, at some point.

dont his fans think he let his crowd down?
    if not then, what does it take?

meanwhile...he was on his butt watching tv all day. while his people were begging him
    to get off his arse and stop this sedition.
    i mean...talk about cowardice.

frump wanted to hang pence...yet he doesnt mutter a word about bannon.
    that tells me as ive believed all along that bannon is still on charge. still on the
    frump payroll.

and...wheres rudi...i mean are they all going to be Quiet since faux didnt cover this
    and they want to keep pretending also?...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

i know theres a bunch of threads about this but ill post here.

someone tell me please....what is all the stuff frump did for "us"....his followers
    keep saying things like..."and all he did for us".
    beyond tax breaks for the rich...um...what did he do?

he had parties most days in front of his crowds. and....what else....

I think as a society, we have graduated from public hangings. As the video evidence showed last night, in a trumpian society, that wouldn't be the case. If trump were to ever come to power again, I have no doubt that he would not be averse to public hangings of people who attempted to prosecute him.

Republicans simply do not care about what is being said about them or the evidence displayed showing their guilt. These people committed a coup. There needs to be some very public and very serious consequences for these folks. As someone said previously, this was treasonous behavior. They should suffer treasonous consequences.

Shameful
    =====================

There was a striking and somber uniformity across most major television channels Thursday night, as broadcast networks abandoned their usual sitcoms and dramas to stand alongside cable news channels to provide live coverage of the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol.

With one key exception.

ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, CNN and MSNBC were among the networks that carried two full hours of the hearing — an event they largely let unfurl on its own, with few interruptions or enhancements, waiting until the end for their anchors and guests to offer solemn commentary.

“This was horrible,” said CBS Evening News anchor Norah O’Donnell, after a Capitol Police officer described slipping in an injured colleague’s blood and being knocked unconscious. “So many big bombshell scoops,” said CNN’s Jake Tapper.

Fox News, though, stuck to its regular block of conservative opinion shows — frequently showing a live glimpse of the proceedings on Capitol Hill but pointedly omitting the accompanying audio, while its hosts and guests criticized the committee floridly.

“The dullest, the most boring, there’s absolutely nothing new, multi-hour Democratic fundraiser masquerading as a Jan. 6 hearing,” Fox host Sean Hannity declared.

“They’ve interrupted their regularly scheduled programming to bring you yet another extended prime-time harangue from Nancy Pelosi and Liz Cheney about Donald Trump and QAnon,” scoffed fellow Fox host Tucker Carlson. “It’s deranged, and we’re not playing along. This is the only hour on an American news channel that will not be carrying their propaganda live.”……

Last edited:
    Shameful
    =====================

There was a striking and somber uniformity across most major television channels Thursday night, as broadcast networks abandoned their usual sitcoms and dramas to stand alongside cable news channels to provide live coverage of the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol.

With one key exception.

ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, CNN and MSNBC were among the networks that carried two full hours of the hearing — an event they largely let unfurl on its own, with few interruptions or enhancements, waiting until the end for their anchors and guests to offer solemn commentary.

“This was horrible,” said CBS Evening News anchor Norah O’Donnell, after a Capitol Police officer described slipping in an injured colleague’s blood and being knocked unconscious. “So many big bombshell scoops,” said CNN’s Jake Tapper.

Fox News, though, stuck to its regular block of conservative opinion shows — frequently showing a live glimpse of the proceedings on Capitol Hill but pointedly omitting the accompanying audio, while its hosts and guests criticized the committee floridly.

“The dullest, the most boring, there’s absolutely nothing new, multi-hour Democratic fundraiser masquerading as a Jan. 6 hearing,” Fox host Sean Hannity declared.

“They’ve interrupted their regularly scheduled programming to bring you yet another extended prime-time harangue from Nancy Pelosi and Liz Cheney about Donald Trump and QAnon,” scoffed fellow Fox host Tucker Carlson. “It’s deranged, and we’re not playing along. This is the only hour on an American news channel that will not be carrying their propaganda live.”……

I used to watch Fox News regularly. This really isn't surprising. FNC attempting to dismiss the 1/6 hearings as partisan propaganda is rich. Their attempts to discredit Liz Cheney have failed and people who have watched and are watching with a truly open mind are realizing they were bamboozled into believing the lies spread by Trump. If you're a Republican here as I once was, I encourage you to simply watch the hearings last night and make up your own mind.

Isn’t it really telling that Tucker chose two women to criticize? He didn’t touch the actual Chairman, or any of the men on the committee. It’s just so predictable.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom