General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump (8 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SamAndreas

It's Not my Fault
Reaction score
Today it begins, Kamala has reached the point that she's the Democratic Party nominee:

There's video from today. this link has video from her first public appearance since Biden endorsed her:

She spent yesterday on the telephone for most of the day. I read that yesterday that she called the party leaders in all 50 states. That would take me three days.

She's renamed her YouTube channel, that's the where to go for video: https://www.youtube.com/@kamalaharris

This is her video on her channel from two hours ago:

To play it, start it, and then move it up to 5:47. This was one of those live videos which don't start at zero.

I've named this thread General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump

Trump needs an introduction post as well, a MAGA suporter ought to write it: @Farb, @SaintForLife , @Others, calling for someone to please introduce your GOP candidate for this 2024 general election thread.

Last edited:
If anyone believes for one second that Vance and Trump’s cabinet (filled with Project 2025 authors) would hesitate for one second to use the 25th Amendment to shove Trump aside, then they are naive to a fault. There’s plenty of evidence that Trump is in mental decline.

Honestly, it's a bit on the nose for Democrats to continually do the thing that Republicans were doing to Biden. Trump is awful, but he's no more insane or incompetent than he was four years ago.

Rufus Wainwright has condemned Donald Trump after his recording of Leonard Cohen’s song “Hallelujah” was played at a chaotic campaign event for the Republican presidential candidate.

The Canadian singer-songwriter called Trump’s use of the song “the height of blasphemy” and said he was “mortified” in a strongly worded statement, which coincided with a cease-and-desist order from Cohen’s estate.

Wainwright, whose version of “Hallelujah” was released in 2001 as part of the soundtrack for the animated film Shrek, called the song an “anthem dedicated to peace, love and acceptance of the truth. I’ve been supremely honoured over the years to be connected with this ode to tolerance.”

“Witnessing Trump and his supporters commune with this music last night was the height of blasphemy,” he said.

“Of course, I in no way condone this and was mortified, but the good in me hopes that perhaps in inhabiting and really listening to the lyrics of Cohen’s masterpiece, Donald Trump just might experience a hint of remorse over what he’s caused. I’m not holding my breath.”……….

A lot of stupid things were said in the Chicago interview.

Regarding tariffs. His rationale for tariffs is that the penalty will EVENTUALLY prompt companies to build manufacturing plants in the U.S. The stick approach may prompt SOME companies to manufacture in the U.S., but they won't be able to sell those outside the U.S., because the subsequent inflation that it will cause will price their products out of markets outside the U.S. The U.S. manufacturers face downward price pressure to compete with products from other markets, but the tariffs will allow them to raise their prices, because consumers won't have choices. Besides, jobs are not a problem in the U.S. The unemployment rate is near record lows. Even manufacturing jobs have been going up gradually since 2010, and that's against the grain of automation, which puts downward pressure on manufacturing jobs. (https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/MANEMP). If he deports millions of immigrants, that will also have a huge upward affect on inflation. We might see Venezuelan levels of inflation with Trump's tariffs.

Trump's protectionist and punitive tariffs policy are a stark contrast to open trade policies which have generated great wealth and prosperity. It will create huge inflation, shortages, and fewer product choices. We will fall behind the rest of the world's advances, as fewer of their products enter our market. It would be another step towards destroying this country, and Russia and China will love it.

Regarding immigrant deportation. He was asked about a smaller economy that will result after deporting 11 million people. He dodged that answer by claiming that 425,000 of those immigrants are horrible criminals. Then Trump says 13,099 were released into our streets, but contradicts that by saying they are in jail. Of course that also implies that over 411,000 committed crimes that didn't require prison. I suspect that most of those "horrible" criminals committed misdemeanors. Then Trump went on his rant about how these countries are emptying jails and insane asylums without proof or support from real crime statistics. Then the interviewer tried to get him to answer the question about the economy. Trump's answer is that he wants immigrants that "love" our country. How does Trump evaluate whether they love our country? What is his test? I suspect that it will be racist, religious-based, and transactional. Then he goes on a rant about Springfield nonsense. Then the interviewer went back to the economy question, and he gave a nonsense answer about getting people back in to the country quickly, but that he doesn't want killers. The interviewer then pointed out that the crime rate is down.

Honestly, it's a bit on the nose for Democrats to continually do the thing that Republicans were doing to Biden. Trump is awful, but he's no more insane or incompetent than he was four years ago.

Democrats need to keep doing it every chance they get. It's working because they have him responding and ranting about it, and the media and his supporters talking about it. At the worst, it will work to put doubts about Trump in the mind of some of those very few voters on the margins.

Also, I beg to disagree. Trump is more insane and less competent than he was 4 years ago. He can't even string together a cogent thought.

I disagree. He’s just as awful and insane, but there are definitely signs of mental decline as well. I didn’t think so until I saw a side by side from one of his 2016 rallies and this year. Whether it’s age related or he’s depressed, idk. But it’s noticeable.

I disagree. He’s just as awful and insane, but there are definitely signs of mental decline as well. I didn’t think so until I saw a side by side from one of his 2016 rallies and this year. Whether it’s age related or he’s depressed, idk. But it’s noticeable.
I think he's possibly more more awful and insane than he was in 2016. That seems to happen to people that are in early stages of dementia. Some of the things he is proposing this time are far worse than what he proposed in 2016. The retribution against law enforcement and political opponents using the justice department, use of the military on our citizens, punishing dissenting press, and the mass deportations are far worse. In 2016 he was all about building a wall to deter further migration, tax cuts (mainly for the rich), putting in conservative judges, harsher policing, getting rid of Obamacare, and cozying up with ruthless dictators, but I don't remember anything that he proposed in 2016 nor 2020 that are nearly as crazy and dangerous as the stuff he's proposing now. The most dangerous thing I remember was getting rid of the JCPOA deal with Iran. To make matters worse, he used to talk about putting in the best people, and he actually did select SOME good people, but now it is all about loyalty to him, so there won't be people to check his worse intentions that he is now espousing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
Top Bottom